Become a Patron!

Man made flavors, or Organics

Pndorasbox75

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Vendor Employee
Which one works for you and why?

Personally, it depends on the specific flavor for me. I had a real hard time getting a blueberry flavor that didn't fade. That was my first experiment with organics. Really surprising thing happened when I mixed it, the flavor sank to the bottom of the bottle. When using "standard" flavorings (man made/candy style) they all floated on top of the base mix. So, that's one heads up when trying organics....SHAKE IT BABY!!!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I really like FlavourArt's detailed discussion of differences between natural and artificial flavoring:
http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=7

Here is an excerpt:
So is there truly a difference between natural and artificial flavorings? Yes. Artificial flavorings are simpler in composition and potentially safer because only safety-tested components are utilized. Another difference between natural and artificial flavorings is cost. The search for "natural" sources of chemicals often requires that a manufacturer go to great lengths to obtain a given chemical. Natural coconut flavorings, for example, depend on a chemical called massoya lactone. Massoya lactone comes from the bark of the Massoya tree, which grows in Malaysia. Collecting this natural chemical kills the tree because harvesters must remove the bark and extract it to obtain the lactone. Furthermore, the process is costly. This pure natural chemical is identical to the version made in an organic chemists laboratory, yet it is much more expensive than the synthetic alternative. Consumers pay a lot for natural flavorings. But these are in fact no better in quality, nor are they safer, than their cost-effective artificial counterparts.

VU Sponsors