Become a Patron!

Mandarin Oba Oba/Orange Soda

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mandarin(FA)2.25%
Oba Oba(FA)2%
2mg-30PG/70VG
I broke my 3-4 day steep rule and tried this after 1 day because it tasted so good after licking a drop off my finger. To me this has the taste and FEEL of orange soda. I used the same % Mandarin that HIC recommends for his Limoncello Parfiat/Mandarin Torrone recipe and it's the perfect amount.
EDIT: Try this adding 0.5% FA Marshmallow. It's still refreshing and adds a nice fluffy sweetness.

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This looks right up my alley. Wonder how it will taste 2 weeks from making. I know it is said oba oba changes, least I think I recall reading that. Thanks very much. I love mandarin!!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This looks right up my alley. Wonder how it will taste 2 weeks from making. I know it is said oba oba changes, least I think I recall reading that. Thanks very much. I love mandarin!!
I only made a 12ml test batch and if I can stop vaping it. I'll let it steep longer and see how the Oba fairs. But for right now I can't stop hitting on it and most likely will have to make a larger separate batch for a longer steep. I just got Oba in last week and tried it as a stand alone, but every time I took hit, it screamed for Mandarin.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tell you what. This Oba Mandarin mix does have that twang. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Man-Oba-Yogurt?? Sounds fancy smancy anyway.;)
LET'S DO IT! :D:D ....LOL!!

greencow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds really good Squonk! I've been eyeing Oba Oba but haven't pulled the trigger yet, think I might have too now.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My little oba hardly ever gets used, I'll have to break it out for a good shake and try this. :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn right I'm gonna try it. I think Oba is the sweeter Yogurts been waiting for. Toss in some twangy Mandarin....
But I have to go to Costco now.:( Hey, last time I was at Costco they had a 7up cake, HUMMMM?
7up cake rocks! Especially homemade!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My rather large 3-ring binder notebook is so full I had to start another. And have only made a fraction of the recipes in them....ha!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright, "Mandoba" Yogurt (a terrible take on "Mandingo"....LOL!) is in my derringer and as a shake and vape, I'm totally diggin' it! Gonna let the rest of the 15ml sit though, just to see what happens...;)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I added 7% Greek yogurt to the original recipe. It's good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I added 7% Greek yogurt to the original recipe. It's good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's what I did. But I dropped Oba to 1.5% just because. I was going to do 8% on yogurt but changed my mind and did 7. I still haven't tried it yet.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just left the original as it was because I didn't know what would happen to the oba (still don't, that's why the rest of the bottle is "resting "), but I have a strawberry yogurt recipe that uses the 7% so just used that as a starting point. It really is quite good....;)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have to try it when my tank of orange soda is done. I like to piggy back similar flavors and this will be the perfect opportunity. That, and it's as good of an excuse as any.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright, "Mandoba" Yogurt (a terrible take on "Mandingo"....LOL!) is in my derringer and as a shake and vape, I'm totally diggin' it! Gonna let the rest of the 15ml sit though, just to see what happens...;)
I'm trying it now. I think this is going to steep into something special.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the official 4 day steep tastes test is in. Fresh .8ohm coil and wick-Subtank Plus. Still tastes fresh and clean like a sip of Orange Crush. I wish all my recipes were this simple. I will always keep a 30ml in my box for now on.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed up a 12ml tester of....
Key Lime(TFA) 5%
Lemon Sicily(FA)4%
Oba Oba(FA)2.5%
The finger taste test is Goood. Taste like Sprite. I'll give it a vape after work tomorrow.
If I had some Grape I'd try that.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed up a 12ml tester of....
Key Lime(TFA) 5%
Lemon Sicily(FA)4%
Oba Oba(FA)2.5%
The finger taste test is Goood. Taste like Sprite. I'll give it a vape after work tomorrow.
If I had some Grape I'd try that.
Mmmmm. No TFA key lime, but this looks good. Sprite, really. Time to bust out my flavors and get my oba oba groove on. Was thinking of adding a touch of grapefruit to it maybe and taste too. Idk, I just love citrus and sour goodness.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, to throw in an update, I tried my "Mandoba" again after a few days and I'm afraid the oba threw in the towel. Doesn't taste nearly as good as it ages. :(

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mmmmm. No TFA key lime, but this looks good. Sprite, really. Time to bust out my flavors and get my oba oba groove on. Was thinking of adding a touch of grapefruit to it maybe and taste too. Idk, I just love citrus and sour goodness.
I through this together on a whim, but I'm going to try it with FA Cold Pressed once it gets here. As far as I'm concerned, recipes are more of a guide than something etched in stone. 40 years of learning to cook taught me that.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, to throw in an update, I tried my "Mandoba" again after a few days and I'm afraid the oba threw in the towel. Doesn't taste nearly as good as it ages. :(
Yeah, same here, sounded better on paper.;) I still prefer CAPs sweet cream with FW yogurt.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did anyone get a good orange yogurt from this? I've yet to make a orange or yogurt adv. I'm looking forward to making this.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did anyone get a good orange yogurt from this? I've yet to make a orange or yogurt adv. I'm looking forward to making this.
It wasn't that great with yogurt. Then again I haven't played around with it that much. Maybe 2% TFA Greek Yogurt might be good.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mandarin(FA)2.25%
Oba Oba(FA)2%
2mg-30PG/70VG
I broke my 3-4 day steep rule and tried this after 1 day because it tasted so good after licking a drop off my finger. To me this has the taste and FEEL of orange soda. I used the same % Mandarin that HIC recommends for his Limoncello Parfiat/Mandarin Torrone recipe and it's the perfect amount.
EDIT: Try this adding 0.5% FA Marshmallow. It's still refreshing and adds a nice fluffy sweetness.

I made this with just the mandarin and oba-oba, and had a vision of being 10 years old again taking a break in the hay field, sipping on a cold Sunkist orange soda. Awesome simple little recipe, Squonk! :cheers:

VU Sponsors