Become a Patron!

Manhattan clone

I recently purchased an 18650 manhattan clone. For whatever reason it will not fire with any atty. Ive tried with a kanger subtank, little boy, holy grail, and doge. The button and bottom contact pin are fully screwed in and the top contact pin is surely making contact with the atty and battery. Ive tried adjusting everything and cant seem to get.it.to fire, although i did get it to fire once the day after i bought, but just that single time. Im using a fully charged aw 18650 that works fine in any other 18650 mod i have, since the battery is brand new. Im just lost and cant.figure.out the issue

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I have a stupid question...can you put pictures up of it....that just sounds odd...there's no battery rattle at all when you've got everything tightened up? And when it's all snug the screws in it still have a good bite right? Sometimes if the negative contact is too loose it can't make a good connection and won't fire, same with the positive. And it's a 20amp AW I assume and not the old 10 amp one....I am just asking that out of safety :) maybe if we can take a look at it we can see something you didn't notice before? We'll do our best to get you figured out bud :)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
PS. welcome to VU :) even if you're just here for help hopefully you'll put your feet up and stay awhile and look around...maybe even search the forum for threads on Manhattans....you could find a thread with the same question somewhere else around here if you look :)

Im actually having trouble posting a picture from my phone but when i have everything.screwed in, including the atty, there is absolutely no battery rattle. I have both the negative and positive connectors screwed in tight, to.the button and the atty/topcap, and i know the top is making a connection because the pinve down after screwing on the atty, and i push it back up to make sure its making contact and it definitely it. The second i can get a pic up i will and.yes, the 20 amp aw's. And thanks for the welcome, ive been.a pretty avid vaper for the past year and usually am pretty good at fixing issues like.this but hey, everyone needs a little.help. and il be sure to check out the rest of the forums, this place looks FILLED with good things and info.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's all good...we'll figure this out. I have a caravella clone that will and won't fire. If everything is tight and your battery is good then the best I can suggest is start with the basics and work your way up....take everything you can out and apart. Look for cracks or warped insulators, dirty dirty contacts, AW's got the button tops, make sure the top contact is pinching solid directly on the nipple of the battery and not off to the side. I don't have a manhattan mod, but there are some things that are universal in mechs...especially solid tube mechs. There has to be a short or a ground out somewhere to get no action from anything and all the contact points are making contact. It's going to be something stupid, small, and hard to pin down...Murphy's Law says so :)

VU Sponsors