Become a Patron!

Manually raising ohms in temperature control

Hey, been vaping for a while now but only recently (last month or so) got into temp control, i have a simple dual coil single wire 0.49 ohm SS316L setup. I read somewhere that manually raising the ohm value through the mod itself can help with vapor/flavor production on my particular RDA, but what does it actually do and is it safe to raise it by .1 or .2?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
You should never need to raise the resistance of your coil, in fact for TC it’s important you set the initial resistance at room temperature for it to work properly

Heat will increase a metals resistance some much more than others this is related to the TCR, it’s a linear line mods use to determine the current temperature ...this setting can be manually adjusted to improve the vape experience in TC

I have a TC Q&A thread stickied which will answer some of your questions (started this one a while back)

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/temp-control-q-a.303163/

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All it will do is increase the heat leaving the temp setting the same. So if you have it set to 450° and move the resistance up 0.1 leaving the temp at 450°, the vape will be warmer.

Or you can leave the resistance at what it is set to at room temp and raise the temperature which is a better way to do it.

If you find yourself needing to go over 500° and it's still not warm enough, you probably don't have watts set high enough to reach your desired temp so turn that up and try again ~450°

Adjusting ohms is a band aid for an improperly set up or reading device or atomizer.

VU Sponsors