Become a Patron!

Many APV users do not realize that Stick Battery players have improved, since they used them.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Most vapers are Cigalikes, by raw numbers of users. Most APV users and posters, started years back with a Cigalike, over paid, and then moved on. 3 years ago, 2 years ago, the devices were not as good as they are today.

I hate poly fill cartomizers. They dry out, they don't refill worth a damn IMO. I won't go back to a non-liquid tank system again.

But big vendors now sell Cigalike refilables. V2 has them, and a starter kit. Every major holiday you can buy them for 40% off. They work well enough, and don't leak. They also now have an all liquid, no polyfill, sealed disposable cartomizer cartridge, that I have not tried, but seems to be an excellent idea.

NJOY is coming out with EGO kits, and 10 total flavors. Mistic is selling in every Walmart, E-Liquid and EGO tanks and batteries. 3 big Cigalikes are selling liquid refillables, and the rest are coming.

A matched coil on a matched battery Voltage in a Cigalike can give a great vape. Size wise you can not beat them. And frankly I still prefer an automatic battery, and wish some MOD makers would make one. Old fashion switches vs advanced automatic sensors.

Most, and especially woman smokers, want to have a pack, used it, and then go to the next. Cartridges do that. APV users are mostly hobbiest, must like CPU overclockers.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, IDK. I never have used one and at this point I doubt they would satisfy me.

When I started, I was coming off of decades of strong cigs and bare-ass RYO tobacco. No stick could have made me switch, nor could I have dealt with the expense of carts. I started with 36mg juice, XL cartos, 510 atomizers and a 14650 E-Power. It worked. :)

It's nice to see there are options though. I just hope the FDA doesn't make those our only options however. They are easier to control and regulate.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
if you want to vape 2006 juice.. then go for it..
the ones you listed, i have tried them all.. mostly for free..
and they taste Nasty.
I make better juice than what BIG T could come up with.. sorry..

give me a mech with a decent dripper any day.. it's that easy, to keep me happy.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I started on V2, and the biggest problem with cigalikes, is they are so damn expensive for what they are.

Also a lot of people move on from them, because of how little battery life you get, I don't care how good they might of got, if the battery only last a few hours, then no good for me.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I started on V2, and the biggest problem with cigalikes, is they are so damn expensive for what they are.

Also a lot of people move on from them, because of how little battery life you get, I don't care how good they might of got, if the battery only last a few hours, then no good for me.

yeps, it is not just the taste of that Nasty juice, but the battery.. BIG T strikes out again..

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I lasted on them for 4 months... Then realized I had spent $225 on throw away tips... So became a hobbiest... :D

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
LOL, "old fashion switches vs advanced automatic sensors". That's exactly backwards.
Automatics can be convenient, when they work. Problem is they often don't. Also with a button you can preheat before puffing. You can't do that with an auto, and you actually have to puff pretty hard to get them to fire.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I lasted on them for 4 months... Then realized I had spent $225 on throw away tips... So became a hobbiest... :D
I agree cost a big issue with carts, that is why I went to micro clearomizers pretty darn quick. But many people just want throw away when done products. I survived well on 2 stick batteries, but 4 or 5 would have done the trick better. At a pack a day for 4 months at 5 dollars per---that is 600 dollars....so there can be a savings regardless. The cost of analogs is huge, because of taxes.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL, "old fashion switches vs advanced automatic sensors". That's exactly backwards.
Automatics can be convenient, when they work. Problem is they often don't. Also with a button you can preheat before puffing. You can't do that with an auto, and you actually have to puff pretty hard to get them to fire.
I think V4L has an EGO, Vapor Zeus and the lower one, if I remember right....with internal 808 threads MOD battery which give the option to go from switch to automatic, just wish more would put it on as an option, having both. Is better. On sticks I always preferred the vape of automatic

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Not to mention the design flaw of automatics in and of itself. It is fired when it detects an inhale from a hole at the 510 connector. Liquid getting in there can destroy the battery and those who have been vaping a while know how easy it is for liquid to leak out of those attys.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i did not even last a day.. i did get my money back.. still..
i picked up a blu, it said tobacco but yet tasted like the worse instant coffee i have ever tasted..
the size was not the issue.. who can vape shitty juice for long?

if i want a good tobacco.. the knowledge is out there on how to do it..

why waste time and effort using cheap china nic, nasty flavoring..
why can't BIG T invest in something that actually taste right?
not to mention, there are some of us that are allergic to their all pg juice..
put some effort into it.. :oops:
do they really want us to keep smoking?
are they just in it to make a quick dollar?

yeps.. and yet we have apparently some that like all of this.. wowzers...:confused:

Cloud79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I quit smoking a pack a day for those cigalikes a few years ago. After spending around $140 for the starter kit for my wife and I, it only took a couple weeks for one to short out in my pocket and nearly burn my leg. They did taste like crap after only a few puffs, like hot mesh I guess. So went back to smoking.

Found out about evod starter kits. I haven't smoked a single puff from a cig since finding that technology 7 months ago. Of course I use rbas and rdas for over half that time, but there is no comparison between the cigalikes, hookahs, or whatever that doesn't use a "real" battery and today's starter kits for evods or the like. Why waste money on cigalikes at all with the variety of better things for cheaper?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
njoys are gross.. why would I give up my delicious juices to go back to those? and spend 10x more for pre-filled cartridges?

sounds terrible..

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried an NJOY King Menthol, it tasted just exactly like a crappy analog. Which I could have deal with except it lasted for what was about 4 cigarettes of vaping (more like 3, I got about 30 hits off it.)

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree cost a big issue with carts, that is why I went to micro clearomizers pretty darn quick. But many people just want throw away when done products. I survived well on 2 stick batteries, but 4 or 5 would have done the trick better. At a pack a day for 4 months at 5 dollars per---that is 600 dollars....so there can be a savings regardless. The cost of analogs is huge, because of taxes.

I recently tried the new VUSE by Reynolds(BigTobaccoCo)... They did a year long trial in Denver and just opened up to the general population...
Interesting Technology in the device... 2 computer chips talk to each other (one in battery, one in tip) and supposidly agjust the voltage 2000 times/sec. for the perfect vape. End of battery tips flashes red when needs a recharge and flashes white when tip needs changing.

I got the Menthol one... $9 for starter kit with battery, 1 tip and usb charging plug... 2 pack of tips is $6 ...

Flavor was menthol but definitely tobacco based... Probably in the 24mg nicotine level although it wasn't marked... I do 3mg now and it made my mouth tingle... o_O

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I started with the 901, trying the airflow activated automatic, the sound activated automatic, and landed on the manual battery. Every automatic I tried had problems of one kind or another. I also quickly ditched the cart and became a dripper. That worked well enough to get me off of the analogs (a couple of years later moved on to the 510 and shortly after switched to the eGo). During the 510 phase, I was in town and my battery died *ACK!* Stopped at a convenience store and out of desperation bought one of the disposable NJoys they had. They had regular and menthol. I got the regular and all I can say is, "yeck!". Tasted nearly as bad as an analog. To add insult to injury, the battery went kaput in no time. If that's the sort of junk that newbies are trying, it's no wonder so many still use analogs. 'Course, that's what the tobacco companies and the govt both want, for people to keep smoking analogs. (not trying to get political, just saying that because of the tax revenue...)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Most vapers are Cigalikes, by raw numbers of users. Most APV users and posters, started years back with a Cigalike, over paid, and then moved on. 3 years ago, 2 years ago, the devices were not as good as they are today.

I hate poly fill cartomizers. They dry out, they don't refill worth a damn IMO. I won't go back to a non-liquid tank system again.

But big vendors now sell Cigalike refilables. V2 has them, and a starter kit. Every major holiday you can buy them for 40% off. They work well enough, and don't leak. They also now have an all liquid, no polyfill, sealed disposable cartomizer cartridge, that I have not tried, but seems to be an excellent idea.

NJOY is coming out with EGO kits, and 10 total flavors. Mistic is selling in every Walmart, E-Liquid and EGO tanks and batteries. 3 big Cigalikes are selling liquid refillables, and the rest are coming.

A matched coil on a matched battery Voltage in a Cigalike can give a great vape. Size wise you can not beat them. And frankly I still prefer an automatic battery, and wish some MOD makers would make one. Old fashion switches vs advanced automatic sensors.

Most, and especially woman smokers, want to have a pack, used it, and then go to the next. Cartridges do that. APV users are mostly hobbiest, must like CPU overclockers.
This is what I started with... bought several of them... a USB man... and several chargers and kept 4 in rotation at all times...

10201841374866210.jpg

Then I took "the plunge" and stepped up to CE2's, 3's, 4's... I used the auto's for about a year before I bought my first Ego.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is what I started with... bought several of them... a USB man... and several chargers and kept 4 in rotation at all times...

View attachment 6533

Then I took "the plunge" and stepped up to CE2's, 3's, 4's... I used the auto's for about a year before I bought my first Ego.
Honestly even though I use a Mod battery, or whatever, I miss the AUTO function to this day.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i came from the day of the no choice overpriced cigalikes. i have tried the newer generation models and even ripped a few apart after they dried out or stopped working. they all are still the same or substantially equivalent... see what i did there.

i will admit some do hit better but the flavor still sucks. i tried the njoy line excluding the ce style tank system i recently saw.
i also tried the vuse and every one walmart sold this time last year. i even tried a few cigar disposables from ruyan. out of them all i like the cigar one great flavor and you could treat it like a cigar to some extent. last at least from the NY BAM i got it from all the way to my place in MD with constant use. which is saying something at that time i was 18mg and at least 6 minutes of use every 10 mins.

plus most auto batteries still respond to heavy vibration

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i came from the day of the no choice overpriced cigalikes. i have tried the newer generation models and even ripped a few apart after they dried out or stopped working. they all are still the same or substantially equivalent... see what i did there.

i will admit some do hit better but the flavor still sucks. i tried the njoy line excluding the ce style tank system i recently saw.
i also tried the vuse and every one walmart sold this time last year. i even tried a few cigar disposables from ruyan. out of them all i like the cigar one great flavor and you could treat it like a cigar to some extent. last at least from the NY BAM i got it from all the way to my place in MD with constant use. which is saying something at that time i was 18mg and at least 6 minutes of use every 10 mins.

plus most auto batteries still respond to heavy vibration
Have you tried the EGO tanks they sell at Walmart I think they are calls Haas or something like that
Or the all liquid, no Polyfill V2 EX cartridges. Not the rebranded Kanger E-smart clearos that V2 sells.
Now V2 has a pro line which they call the EGO killer.

all the above I have not tried, but they are what I consider the third generation of Cigalikes. I think a small EGO system is a Cigalike FWIW.
I went from one order from V2, standard. To going to to the V2 liquids. I started refillable with V2.

And I still occasionally buy V2 liquids on their super holiday sales, where the coupon stack up to get 35% off.
Reason is the V2 liquids are designed for high throat hit. And the have full testing of batches.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 6533

That is the logical progession for most, I too started on those, then found Totally wicked and got the WAY overpriced Tornado RCS, then found fasttech, NEVER bought heavily marked up rigs ever again, heck I completely wore out a Vamo V3, however it became an expensive "new" hobby, spent maybe $500~+ on this and that's since them, still after a PAD of Red's, I saved over $1,500 the first year, my other newfound hobby in high power flashlights put a dent in that though

Posted from NARFatalk!!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried the EGO tanks they sell at Walmart I think they are calls Haas or something like that
Or the all liquid, no Polyfill V2 EX cartridges. Not the rebranded Kanger E-smart clearos that V2 sells.
Now V2 has a pro line which they call the EGO killer.

all the above I have not tried, but they are what I consider the third generation of Cigalikes. I think a small EGO system is a Cigalike FWIW.
I went from one order from V2, standard. To going to to the V2 liquids. I started refillable with V2.

And I still occasionally buy V2 liquids on their super holiday sales, where the coupon stack up to get 35% off.
Reason is the V2 liquids are designed for high throat hit. And the have full testing of batches.

if i did it was under another name. each walmart stock is dependent on the market. i think you mean Haus
let's see i tried the Fin , Mystic, Blu, Safe cig, Green smoke , Volcano,Sidesho, markten and many others only known by their part numbers like the 306,510,901,801,808,4086.

both carto, and cartridge systems, ego's, penstyles, clearo's (ce2,3,4) both wickless and wick styles.
once i picked up at the time a provari, i went to carto tanks for a bit then took a break and came back to a mech, hana with rda and 6mg juice to my Diy. tried Rta's but find the more fickle than a simple rda.
e-cig-Size-Comparison.jpg

i have tried each of those as well including most of the janty line back in the 07-08 range , some totally wicked, puresmoker, altsmoke

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I started on Volt 808D stick batteries and prefilled cartos. Within 2 weeks I was buying Blank refillable cartos and Juice from the same company[SmokeLess Image] I could refill a carto about 7-8 times before it needed cleaning out and the refill another 5-6 times. Biggest awakening for me was when I tried a Manual Stick battery WOW what a difference. Then VV Twist Batteries. Getting tired of constantly charging Ego type batteries led me to APV's that led me to RTA's. Still use 2nd Gen devices whenever I am out and about.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not to mention the design flaw of automatics in and of itself. It is fired when it detects an inhale from a hole at the 510 connector. Liquid getting in there can destroy the battery and those who have been vaping a while know how easy it is for liquid to leak out of those attys.
I switched to E-Cigs 5 months ago using SmokeLess Image Products. Their Ego Style Batteries are 808D threaded. Their auto batteries are Sealed Batteries -soon realized 808D was an outdated Model. But now al ot of auto Ego Style batteries are now sealed. Still, to me a Manual 3.7 V Battery packs more punch then any auto battery tech

evkoo.com

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 6533

this 808D atomizer you maybe like . It's with cheap price from French Brand
808D.jpg

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm.

I still have my RN4081. Just bought a couple attys for em and I use them.

Riding the Harley through traffic requires two hands on the handlebars, a rn4081 in my teeth, and the Bitch on the back.(Don't tell her I said that!)

That reminds me, I need to order a couple more batteries and some attys before I can't get anymore. They do have their place.

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Started with a V2 for almost a year. Bought a couple orders of carts, then switched to filling the carts with juice from ecblend. After that went to the inferno and the tank. Didnt like the tank as it either clogged or flooded. After they came out with the bct tank its been all good to go. Never bought the juice from V2 as I thought it was way over-priced. Do miss the sahara flavor and the coffee one they had though

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
IMHO those Walmart e liquids are ass flavor with a hint of fruit, unless its coffee then its 100% ass. No nic choice (I'm guessing they're 24mg by strength) small town we're kinda limited and I was willing to try it, worst mistake I made. Wife bought me a fifty one fifty kit or whatever, like sucking air thru an empty straw. Got a free coupon for a mark ten, it was better, but still nowhere near an evod and ego (my setup at the time) haven't tried the Walmart clearos and won't, I can get an aspire ce5 for the same price. I have 1 waiting to try a bvc head in it, see if it meets up to all the hype.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@tombaker , most people use these crap products because that is all they know about, or they want to try and quite. Those that stick with it, move on to PVD's, never pretend you know what a woman wants and why have you turned into a BT fanboy all of a sudden? Did you get a job selling V2 or something? Horrible thread, back to iggy you go lol. Bad Tom, Bad, no cookie.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In the beginning those BLU or whatever was nasty'
I couldn't go without smoking and vape that! No way lol
Today I could but I don't want to.
I need max VG and why do they make that hairs max Pg? Crazy

VU Sponsors