Become a Patron!

MarkTEN mailers. Damn, the Marketing has really begun....

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, I got this in the mail today....

(clicky pics)

Yep, it's a coupon for a free MarkTEN e-cig. Verrry slick and expensive marketing. As you might expect from an Altria product. ;)

I'm not gonna type out the full shebang on them, its been done before.

The adverts are from Nu Mark LLC which is an Altria company which is also a parent company of Phillip Morris.

I wondered where the hell they got my address from, then I realized it's because long ago I was on the mailing list for Marlboro freebies and swag.

Guess what? They are perfectly positioned to capitalize on former smokers who now vape as their continuing customers as they have their info. already.

Clever bastids eh?

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How is the ciga-like market doing anyway? I don't think they can do all that great seeing as vaping gives you way more freedom than smoking. A lot of smokers stick to the brand they like, but vaping... well, let's just say I don't know anyone(yet) who has only stuck with one e-juice and never even sampled something new.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How is the ciga-like market doing anyway? I don't think they can do all that great seeing as vaping gives you way more freedom than smoking. A lot of smokers stick to the brand they like, but vaping... well, let's just say I don't know anyone(yet) who has only stuck with one e-juice and never even sampled something new.

You are assuming the status quo stays that way. It's the purpose of a corporation to dominate it's market and make maximum profits for it's shareholders. In about five years to a decade, defaults on the MSA payouts will hit and stuff will really hit the fan as states lose that money. Many states, like mine, use that money to prop up their general fund. Yet, e-cigs are not in that MSA agreement nor taxed like cigs are...yet. It's already been talked over in political circles on how they could include them to replace the smokers who are quitting.

Altria and the like are not gonna let that happen. As seen in articles in financial journals, they intend to take back what was their former market: Us.

Look at V2, Blu, etc. The cig-a-likes are going to be the mainstream as they are big biz and easily regulated. We've had the Wild West for a few years...but don't think profit and regulation won't outweigh innovation. Especially if they buy up the I.P. and trademark everything vaping related.

We've already seen seizures of vape goods that had trademark and/or copywrite issues that came from China.

Kim Wilson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got one of those it's pretty crappy.I didn't like it so much.

Eliquidvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cig-a-likes are still a good portion of the ecig market so this is truly some interesting advertising.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I still get mailings from Marlboro so I am expecting to get one of these soon.

Tap'd from my LG G2

VU Sponsors