Become a Patron!

Married 18650s - One charging faster than other

I apologize ahead of time if this is already covered in a previous post, but it is 3 a.m. On the dot, im tired and would like this to have a reply before I wake up, and throw these in my noisy cricket, head off to work, and potentially be at risk

I use an intellicharger i4 and have a set of married, rewrapped lg he2s (i already know, and yes, I run them well WELL within their bench tested capabilities) that are used as back ups. This particular set is only roughly two weeks old; however, cycled regularly (avg 1 charge cycle a day) and when I place them back in my charger, never once have they been below two bars (im just giving as much info as possible, you can determine whats relevant or not.)

Tonight when I plugged them in to charge I came back ten minutes later, and one battery was at three bars, the other at two. They stayed like this for twenty minutes or so, then the other caught up.

If one is charging slightly faster than the other, but still has the same cycle and charge count, are they still safe? Or do I need to discard just to be on the safe side? I probably wouldnt stress it as much if it wasnt for the noisy cricket. Im just always extra cautious on this thing.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Again, if this is already covered, IlI'll do my best to edit accordingly and link the previous thread.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The idea of married batteries is sound, however it doesn't mean that identical batteries would degrade at exactly the same speed and batteries even if made at the same batch are not identical.

Just throw them away any marry a new pair.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could be wrong but I've been told that the battery that is under the 510 will drain a bit faster than other.

Hmm I can see why. I'll have to look into it. Im still using them but making sure I cycle them about half of what I used to until I find out more.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
The battery thats under the 510 usually will discharge a tad faster. At least in my experience. To have the batteries be married they dont need to be 100% exact, there will be variances between battery to battery so they wont charge and discharge at exactly the same rate and thus charge at the same rate. The thing that determines the marriage of the batteries is the number of charge cycles.

VU Sponsors