Become a Patron!

"Married" Batteries?

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
To my understanding, married batteries are two identical batteries that are used simultaneously and charged at the same time. Since I got my Sigelei 150 I have been using two Samsung 25rs that I bought with it, not using the batteries for anything else. And why would an want to? I love my Sigelei. But I use it right when I wake up until the batteries die, and then I have to switch to my mech because I have no other pair of married batteries and I don't have the money for a pair right now either.

So my questions are.. Am I right in my definition of married batteries? And what are the risks of using two separate batteries? Will it cause physical damage to the batteries, mod, or me? Or is it just a rule of thumb? Please explain! Thanks!

-EJ

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are right about keeping them just for the box.
If you use two no matched batteries one could discharge faster then the other. End up killing the one cell from discharging it to low. Imho i would just save back money untill i could order another set to keep the mod running all day.
I also go a step farther and only use batteries for one mod just to keep from mixing the sets i do have. I keep them marked and in single battery "tube" cases for my mechs/ipv mini. I also keep my sets for my ipv3li i the chepo 2 batt case.

Shawheennn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
use them it doesnt matter. such a heavily over cautious industry

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I only have a Nitecore i4 and I only have like 6 batteries total. The Samsungs are sky blue and my others are purple/green/black so i dont need to separate em. I have to order some new flavors and I do have 60 bucks for that (wizard labs gives free shipping for 60$+ orders) but I need to find a company with legit batteries AND good prices on good quality flavors to order from. But I do want another pair. Any ideas on a good site?

Thanks a lot for the info though. I was thinking along those lines.

Shawheennn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hate to give u the hard truth to it, but all these 18650 batteries are just trash no matter who makes them. Dont stress to much about if they are married etc, It is a false fear. Pick up a pair of VTC4, use them till they die, and get more. THe health of these batteries wont last long enough anyways to worry about how married they are

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
use them it doesnt matter. such a heavily over cautious industry
Yeah but I would hate to be that dude on the news that got hurt because I didn't heed the warnings. Cautiousness is never a bad thing I am not paranoid, just careful!

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hate to give u the hard truth to it, but all these 18650 batteries are just trash no matter who makes them. Dont stress to much about if they are married etc, It is a false fear. Pick up a pair of VTC4, use them till they die, and get more. THe health of these batteries wont last long enough anyways to worry about how married they are
Meh I disagree entirely. My purple Imren will outperform my black Efest any day. Ultrafires are crap. Some batteries pack a punch, and others hit like a girl. (No offense to anyone, just an expression)

Plus shitty batteries can not handle the high amps I want for my builds. Not to mention the rarity of real VTCs. I am not about to pay 15-30$ for one "trashy" battery.

VU Sponsors