Become a Patron!

Math?

Grim_cloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't think I'm in the right place but here goes....I have two 18650 batteries in parallel in my mech. I know ohms law but parallel can be confusing. so this is probably a silly question. In parallel the voltage from both batteries is added together correct? I.E full charge on each one is 4.2 volts. V/R= watts?

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't think I'm in the right place but here goes....I have two 18650 batteries in parallel in my mech. I know ohms law but parallel can be confusing. so this is probably a silly question. In parallel the voltage from both batteries is added together correct? I.E full charge on each one is 4.2 volts. V/R= watts?

I think
Parallel = double the Amps
Series = double the Volts
Its been awhile since I've used my mechs but this is the best I can remember..I'm sure somebody will chime in with more info on this..sorry couldn't help more...

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Grim_cloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the help :) what your saying sounds more correct. (Bad grammar) while doing my math adding the voltage together I was seeing I'm pushing 182 watts through my mech. There is no way I'm getting that much power lol. Not doubling the voltage I'm getting 28 watts. Thank you for the help! So with my two batteries I believe I have 40 amps. 4.2 volts on a full charge and my coil ohms out at .3

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the help :) what your saying sounds more correct. (Bad grammar) while doing my math adding the voltage together I was seeing I'm pushing 182 watts through my mech. There is no way I'm getting that much power lol. Not doubling the voltage I'm getting 28 watts. Thank you for the help! So with my two batteries I believe I have 40 amps. 4.2 volts on a full charge and my coil ohms out at .3

Glad to help!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I think
Parallel = double the Amps
Series = double the Volts
Its been awhile since I've used my mechs but this is the best I can remember..I'm sure somebody will chime in with more info on this..sorry couldn't help more...

That is correct.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're not calculating your watts correctly. You're at about 58w not 28w. The top one is ohms law and the bottom is the power formula along with their variations.
0QVEKml.jpg

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The parallel statement above is true. Boomstick is also all over it. I have a parallel series mech box so figure that one out lol. But anyway, http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp is very helpful with mechs and faster than that (I believe it's called) paper and pencil stuff lmao!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You're not calculating your watts correctly. You're at about 58w not 28w. The top one is ohms law and the bottom is the power formula along with their variations.
0QVEKml.jpg
Reminds me of what my father taught me when I was 7 years old, but simplified, 'cause you can memorize it easily. The mind "stores" information as pictures, which is utilized by this "triangle". It's as shown in the picture:
image.jpeg

Grim_cloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So much easier!! Thank you!!

Grim_cloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you also for the steam engine info. I'm trying to do the math by hand so I can get it into my brain and it will stick lol. That will be a great way to check my math :)

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you also for the steam engine info. I'm trying to do the math by hand so I can get it into my brain and it will stick lol. That will be a great way to check my math :)

Abso-freakin-loutely! Rock on Grim!

VU Sponsors