Become a Patron!

Max VG Hurting My Throat & Lungs?

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I vaped Max VG eJuice for the first time yesterday. I woke up and my throat & lungs are super tight and painful.
I usually vape 50/50 or 40/60 pg/vg and I've never had a problem like this. Could it be the Max VG?

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Could be. Some are more sensitive to it than others.
You would not be the first. I'd go back to 50/50 and see if it gets better.
That would be your answer. Good luck!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's pretty interesting how we all react differently to the ingredients. I'm the exact opposite, PG gives me bad sore throat and tightness. Too much PG also gives me ringing in my ears. Keep messing around, it could be a particular flavor that causes it too. Generally, VG is very smooth and less irritating to most.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the same problem if I go over 70%-80% VG. I never go above 55% VG. I have no problems at all if I vape 50/50.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vaped Max VG eJuice for the first time yesterday. I woke up and my throat & lungs are super tight and painful.
I usually vape 50/50 or 40/60 pg/vg and I've never had a problem like this. Could it be the Max VG?

I have the same problem as you and MD_boater!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes, absolutely it can. I personally am sensitive to VG. I cannot vape anything higher than 50% VG... if I do, I cough, weeze, and can't breathe, and my chest gets super tight.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, absolutely it can. I personally am sensitive to VG. I cannot vape anything higher than 50% VG... if I do, I cough, weeze, and can't breathe, and my chest gets super tight.
That's how I was!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I vape over 90% VG I to get a tight chest but only with some brands. I think there is different types of VG.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VG is just too thick for most ex smokers lungs. Distilled water is the only way I can enjoy heavy VG. I go with 20% water if I make a batch of all VG.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
VG is just too thick for most ex smokers lungs. Distilled water is the only way I can enjoy heavy VG. I go with 20% water if I make a batch of all VG.
Good to know. Thanks!

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If I cut the Max VG in half with a 50/50 PG/VG juice, what would my ratio be? 20/70 PG/VG?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
max vg normally is considered anything 80vg/20pg and lower.. depending on how heavy the recipe is..
for all purposes.. yes you are right, but depending on the mixer.. there might be 5% flavoring, or 20%

but you did figure it up right..
when you mess around with juice, make sure you use a calculator..
for adding different types of juice.. http://www.ecigvape.com has a dual nic calculator..

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
max vg normally is considered anything 80vg/20pg and lower.. depending on how heavy the recipe is..
for all purposes.. yes you are right, but depending on the mixer.. there might be 5% flavoring, or 20%

but you did figure it up right..
when you mess around with juice, make sure you use a calculator..
for adding different types of juice.. http://www.ecigvape.com has a dual nic calculator..
What about a company that says they only use VG and no PG whatsoever? *Cough* Velvet Cloud *Cough*

From their website: "Velvet Cloud is e-juice done right - all VG / no PG, no coloring, no artificial sweeteners and nothing weird. Our eliquid is all natural, pure & organic e-liquid that's hand brewed in micro-batches right here in San Francisco and enjoyed around the world."

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
it is possible..

if i use flavoring from vz (super concentrated alcohol) i can say mine is 100% vg too..
medicine flower is a good company to check out.. all natural..

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you used them and have trouble with it? It could be the alcohol. I use organic alcohol based flavorings too, but i personally find them quite pleasant and smooth after a really good steeping and breathing. Very interesting throat hit when vaped immediately that may bother some folks.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you used them and have trouble with it? It could be the alcohol. I use organic alcohol based flavorings too, but i personally find them quite pleasant and smooth after a really good steeping and breathing. Very interesting throat hit when vaped immediately that may bother some folks.
Everyone is different! I mix my own juices & use only Pure Grain 190 proof bought in a store. It thins it down to wick better without adding P.G. P.G. plays hard on my throat. I ate a teaspoon of vg & pg just to see what they taste like. Food Grade, why the hell not. No big thrill just med tasting to me. After buying from several companies I have found their products are all about the same. All I buy is flavoring. I can't stress enough, be careful with Nicotine, Get enough 100% on your skin & You have real problems!

Spinhat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just started vaping 80% vg and no issues so far, when I was vaping 80% pg my skin would get redness in my face.

jovial_evil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is there nicotine in the juice? If so what level?

I am down to 6tank,3drip. Started out dripping at 12mg. For me it's the nic that hurts my throat when too high. That's when I know it's time to lower my nic.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I smoked so much, you name it, i smoked it....my lungs have been trained to handle anything I throw at them....hehehehe. I am sorry you had a ruff night with it though. Some people use max vg for the first time and end up vaping A LOT more than usual, this can lead to a ruff nite and or morning as well.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is there nicotine in the juice? If so what level?

I am down to 6tank,3drip. Started out dripping at 12mg. For me it's the nic that hurts my throat when too high. That's when I know it's time to lower my nic.
I'm on 12mg now in a Nautilus Mini. I never thought about the nicotine level before... Maybe I need to drop down.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm on 12mg now in a Nautilus Mini. I never thought about the nicotine level before... Maybe I need to drop down.
Too much nicotine is a real juice killer for me. Even if I only go an ml or two over, it still ruins the vape. I'd rather go lower and turn up the power - which is something you can do with a high vg without burning it.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Too much nicotine is a real juice killer for me. Even if I only go an ml or two over, it still ruins the vape. I'd rather go lower and turn up the power - which is something you can do with a high vg without burning it.
What nic level are you on?

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can see it now. EJUICE program on the screen, as he laughs wildly. I'm going to blow a cloud so big, It will destroy them all. :cool:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've found any nic over 3 mg ruins the flavor in a RDA.

VU Sponsors