Become a Patron!

MAZE SUB-OHM BF RDA ATOMIZER - VANDYVAPE

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, in this review i take a look at the Maze Sub Ohm BF RDA Atomizer by Vandyvape. The Maze Sub Ohm BF RDA Atomizer was supplied for the purpose of this review by Sem from Vandyvape.

http://vandyvape.com/detail/atomizer/63/

In the Box

Contents:

1x Maze Sub Ohm BF RDA
1x Spare Maze Coil
1x Resin Drip tip
1x 510 pin
1x Refill tube
510 adaptor
1x Accessory bag
1x User manual.

Aesthetics

I received the Matte Black version which is entirely black apart from a very nice Red resin 810 drip tip sitting on top, a 510 adaptor is also included. The other colours available are Stainless Steel with a Black and Green drip tip, Gold with a Yellow drip tip and Rainbow with a Blue drip tip. The main aesthetic feature of the Maze is the airflow which comprises of 5 sets of 9 holes evenly dispersed around the diameter, each 9 holes form a square. The outer sleeve also has "MAZE" nicely etched on. The drip tip fits into the inner sleeve and this sleeve can be turned with just the right amount of resistance to adjust the airflow, helped by texturing which is present for both aesthetics and grip. The base of the Maze is Silver and comes fitted with a Gold plated, protruding BF pin (a regular pin is included), the base also has etched branding and safety stamps. The build quality of the Maze is very good.

Specs:

Length:22.5mm
Diameter:24mm
Capacity:2ml
BF Fill
Fill down tube (normal 510)
Disc type coils
Colours: Matte Black, SS, Gold, Rainbow

What's In A Name?

The Maze from the outside has the look of an RDA and it allows people who don't want to build squonk which is a great idea, but it's been completely wrongly named has it's not rebuildable. It's a little tank that's design allows for squonking. Actually i love the Maze, but it does matter because some people are going to buy this expecting to be able to build on it and be very disappointed.

Taking apart

The drip tip and inner top section can be easily removed, and then the outer sleeve with airflow holes can be pulled off by pushing the now exposed notched disc coil downwards. The bottom section comprises of a notch disc coil that fits snugly and is placed over a sealed at the top centre tube, this tube is held in place by the BF pin. To change to a regular 2ml tank that looks like an RDA (but isn't) you first remove the BF pin. You now change the little tube to the one provided which is open ended and fix back together with the regular 510 pin, now instead of squonking the tank can be filled via the open ended tube.

The Aiflow

The Airflow comprises of 5 groups of nine small holes, each nine holes forming a square. when pulling out the inner sleeve you can see that the air will be directed downwards to hit the perimeter of the coil and then will spread across the entire surface meeting in the middle. If you look inside the inner sleeve you will see it has a conical shape to help with the flavour.

Performance

The flavour and cloud production is excellent from the Maze and works great with the BF Pin, there's nothing really wrong with it using the regular pin but with it only being a 2ml tank, being very thirsty and having to guess your juice level i wouldn't use it this way, but some people won't mind constantly adding juice every few minutes, mimicking slightly using as a dripper (which it isn't). The 0.2 coils are rated at between 50 - 100w and have a best of between 70 - 90w, personally i found them best at 75w and as already mentioned I experienced great flavour and cloud production. I used it almost the entire time with the BF pin and suffered no dry hits or leaking. The airflow i found plenty and really smooth with just 3 holes open which is actually giving you 3 x 5 so 15 holes in total. If you want more airflow then be prepared for a more turbulent ride and a noisy tank.

Conclusion

Putting the fact this has been wrongly marketed to one side, the Maze is a great idea which works really well as a squonking tank, giving excellent flavour and cloud production. This really is going to appeal to people who want a go at squonking but don't want to get into building but equally people who regularly squonk might find it a change to have a top performing tank they can just put straight on their device.

Pros

Great flavour
Great cloud production
Ease of use
Use as squonking or regular tank
Center fill with standard pin
510 adaptor
Nice 810 resin drip tip
very well made
Innovation
Great idea
Smooth airflow with 15 holes
Suffered no leaking

Cons

Wrongly marketed
Over 15 holes airflow turbulent and tank gets noisy
When using as regular tank no idea of juice level

I would once again like to thank Sem from Vandyvape for supplying the Maze Sub Ohm BF RDA Atomizer for the purpose of this review.

http://vandyvape.com/detail/atomizer/63/
(This post was last modified: Today 12:05 AM by timwis.)
Today 11:59 PM

VU Sponsors