Become a Patron!

Mech/ battery safety question help please

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so I have some coils installed in my mech mod with a single 18650 lghb6 running round 0.11-0.13 do I need to be worried? I'm kinda irritated cause I caint seem to get this thing to hit good and I made this build and miss calculated but it hits better than all my builds I put in it.. ugh yea it's my first mech.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ok so I have some coils installed in my mech mod with a single 18650 lghb6 running round 0.11-0.13 do I need to be worried? I'm kinda irritated cause I caint seem to get this thing to hit good and I made this build and miss calculated but it hits better than all my builds I put in it.. ugh yea it's my first mech.
.14 is the absolute lowest you should go.

You might have too much metal for a single battery to power.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Smok H-prive with tfv8 / av copper cloud trooper with battle deck and captain ll battle cap and sigelei 218 snowolf with obese Buddha RDA

Attachments

• IMG_20161201_232046.jpg
    IMG_20161201_232046.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 14

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Smok H-prive with tfv8 / av copper cloud trooper with battle deck and captain ll battle cap and sigelei 218 snowolf with obese Buddha RDA
Love that wrap on the hpriv.

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Me too got a HOG on the way too

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't know if I like my av mech .. caint seem to get safe clouds.. or idk what I'm doing lol any help? I got lghb6 30A continuous batteries

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Need advice on simple cloud chaser builds for my mech

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got 24g kanthal/26G nichrome N80 and 26g ss 316l

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Got a HOG V2 on the way
just make yourself familiar with ohms law and what is safe.
IIRC that mod is a dual parallel/series so using a MARRIED set of LG HB6 batts should net you 45 amps, 8.4 volts, and 3000mah or 22.2 KW/h of batt life (same as a dual 18650 mod using LG Hg2 or Samsung 30Q batts)

Lowest safe resistance for you on the mod with MARRIED LG HB6 batts will be .19

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just make yourself familiar with ohms law and what is safe.
IIRC that mod is a dual parallel/series so using a MARRIED set of LG HB6 batts should net you 45 amps, 8.4 volts, and 3000mah or 22.2 KW/h of batt life (same as a dual 18650 mod using LG Hg2 or Samsung 30Q batts)

Lowest safe resistance for you on the mod with MARRIED LG HB6 batts will be .19
What does married set mean? And I got 4 Sony vtc4 batteries on the way for that mod :)

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Married pair or set means a few batteries that are bought, charged and discharged together, so that they age the same.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
What does married set mean? And I got 4 Sony vtc4 batteries on the way for that mod :)
VCT4 are 23 amps so using in that mod your max amps is 34.5 meaning the lowest resistance you can build is .25 using those batts
Also where did you get them from? if it's ebay or something of the like they are probably fakes and I wouldn't use in that mod at all. hopefully you got them form a reputable site.

Married means you keep them together in a set. they all go in the mod together and the charger together. that they were never used separately. If they are coming new then it's fine. charge them up throw them in the mod together and they will remain married as long as you keep them together

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The point of having married batteries is having them discharge at the same rate when used in the mod.
If one battery is older or was stressed more then the other, it will loose capacity and discharge faster.

Having uneven batteries in a mech mod means the weaker one is stressed more, and you may over discharge it without noticing.

In a regulated mod in addition the mod may behave strangely and give error messages related to the batteries.

Last edited:

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got them from imrbatteries.com and Moloch's testing says they are 30Acontinuious

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I got them from imrbatteries.com and Moloch's testing says they are 30Acontinuious
no mooch rates them at 23amps, sony claims they are 30 amps. I trust moochs test. the only 30 amp batts are the LG HB series (Hb2, HB4, HB6) and the Ijoy 26650 batts

imr is a good site, so they will be authentic
image-jpeg.617445

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Wylde_77 The advice you have received is all good.
Use the steam engine site to help you build.
Stay within your battery limitations.
You have an awesome H-Priv wrap.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well actually Sony don't claim any of their VTCs are 30A, they say they are 30A@80C which is entirely not the same thing.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well actually Sony don't claim any of their VTCs are 30A, they say they are 30A@80C which is entirely not the same thing.
It's sonys published rating so it shouldn't be so off imo. None of Samsung are labeled high or lg or any other Sony battery. 30amp at 80c doesn't really mean anything in the vaping world. But fair enough since that isn't the intent of the batteries

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
30A@80C doesn't really mean anything in any world.
Can't really say Sony was stuffing VTCs down our throats, if it was up to them none of us would be using their batteries.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you paid any less than 200 bucks for that av setup then it's most probably a clone. The cloud trooper editions can go for 300, the cap alone is maybe 70 or 80 and the battle deck can go from 80 to 120 depending on material used.
Get to know the mech before you start trying to push it to its limits. Do research.
I personally don't vape to continuous amp rating as vaping isn't a continuous discharge application . Continuous discharge means you discharge the cell down from start to finished, which technically means you leave the switch pressed in through the cells charge cycle, which isn't the case by any means.
That's just me though. If you grow tired of your mech shoot me a pm I'll take care of it for ya.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
30A@80C doesn't really mean anything in any world.
Can't really say Sony was stuffing VTCs down our throats, if it was up to them none of us would be using their batteries.
I know. None of these batts were intended for vaping. Sony is selling their battery division they don't want any part of it

VU Sponsors