Become a Patron!

Mech-mod not firing at all

Locinimo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So today I purchased a paragon mech mod today, they didn't do the first build (which isn't a problem because I've made coils numerous times) and I went home. I built the coil, threw in a fresh battery and tried to fire it... nothing.I grabbed my girlfriends mod and attach my newly made coil and it hits fine. I have a paragon v3 mod and a freak-show dripper. Anyone help? (pic is bad quality sorry.)IMG_0384.JPG

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Check the center pin and make sure it is connecting.

No power delivered = no vaping pleasure.

Locinimo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tinkered with this for almost 2 hours now. Can my sigeli mini 30w power my freakshow RDA?

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im not familiar with that mod but it sounds like you arent getting positive connection when closed does the battery rattle around any?

Locinimo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im not familiar with that mod but it sounds like you arent getting positive connection when closed does the battery rattle around any?
The battery seems to jiggle around, but not up and down. I've tried tightening and loosening the fire pin could it be the battery? I've tried it in my other mod and it fire fine.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
does the mod have a floating 510 or no?

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what about the rda did you try adjusting the positive down

Locinimo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep, i'm stumped. Maybe its a bad unit... I've never had this much trouble with a mod

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
possibly its a tube with a button not much to go wrong though lol

Locinimo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We'll, the components have a strange silver colored material coating them, it peels off too, maybe that could be preventing a connection.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take the top cap off and push the contact pin all the way up. Then screw your atty all the way down on the top cap. adjust battery pin for no battery rattle up down or sideways, and you should be good to go. If that doesn't work, take it back where you got it, get an Smpl instead, and be done with all the fiddling. !

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if you have access to a DMM, check the pin to see if you are getting voltage to your center pin when fired.

I would screw the atomizer down on the top cap first. then install the battery and then the switch and adjust for battery rattle. I suspect that your battery rattle is causing an open in the circuit and not making contact.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if you have access to a DMM, check the pin to see if you are getting voltage to your center pin when fired.

I would screw the atomizer down on the top cap first. then install the battery and then the switch and adjust for battery rattle. I suspect that your battery rattle is causing an open in the circuit and not making contact.
You could be correct Eric, but paragon mods (I have one), have floating contact pins that have to make solid contact. Thats why I suggested to make sure the floating pin on the cap is all the way up first, then screw on the atty, then adjust for zero battery rattle. But whatever works

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't know the 510 pin was adjustable, I thought it was floating. in that case, I would screw the atomizer down first, then screw the 520 center pin up to til it makes contact with the atomizer center pin. then install battery, then switch and adjust the switch (how ever you do it, I'm not sure I don't own one) for battery rattle.

this is why I love the nemesis so much more than any other mod and with my carbon fiber wrap it looks like a paragon mod anyway.
B39B7522-575D-4D73-B11D-63BB1457C6A3_zpsx7woqviq.jpg

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The pin on the cap of the paragon doesn't screw in or out, it's floating but not spring loaded, You have to make contact with the atty first, then adjust everything else.
ok, then my first reply will apply to this particular mod. but my answer of get a nemesis still stands. ;) but I'm biased. I have a secret mod crush with Nemesis clones.

Locinimo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright everyone, after hours of tinkering it's apparent that the mod is defective, the connection that links to the 510 on the RDA is too deep, I had to make some measurements and file down the top in order for it to do anything. The case is aluminum and the material that's coating the pieces thats flaking off is a silicon substance (no idea why they would make something like that anyway). I just broke down and bought the Kingkong mod by surefire and used my Freak show RDA. It was a cheaply made unit probably made to match the freak-show topper and earn a quick buck. Here's what my current mod looks like now:kingkongmod.png

Locinimo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I appreciate everyone's troubleshooting as it helped me arrive at the overall solution, You guys are awesome!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright everyone, after hours of tinkering it's apparent that the mod is defective, the connection that links to the 510 on the RDA is too deep, I had to make some measurements and file down the top in order for it to do anything. The case is aluminum and the material that's coating the pieces thats flaking off is a silicon substance (no idea why they would make something like that anyway). I just broke down and bought the Kingkong mod by surefire and used my Freak show RDA. It was a cheaply made unit probably made to match the freak-show topper and earn a quick buck. Here's what my current mod looks like now:View attachment 17185
All you had to do is take the cap off and push up the contact pin. They are very stiff when new. You have to press it down on a table top to push the pin up. Over time they loosen a bit, and you can move it with your fingers. All moot now though, unless you contact Paragon and buy a new top cap.

VU Sponsors