Become a Patron!

Mech mod

Can i put pre made coils in a mech mod (is iT safe)

• yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont know

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

roancool

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so i know the law of Ohm R=U/I
I knoW How iT works but i dont build coils bij my OWN so my question is can you put pre made coils on a mech ?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure you can run a pre-made coil on a mech. Trouble is, you gotta be lucky to find the right value: if the resistance is too low, you'll get dry hits (I assume you mean on a tank) and if it's too high, the vape will be underwhelming. Sometimes, depending on the batteries, a difference of 0.05Ω is all it takes to hit the sweet spot. Also, I don't know how consistent the resistance is from one production coil head to the next, compared to the stated value. If it's anything like what I tried years ago, it's not terribly reliable.

If I were you, I'd spend a little time learning how to do your own builds. It's more flexible and it's cheaper.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sure you can run a pre-made coil on a mech. Trouble is, you gotta be lucky to find the right value: if the resistance is too low, you'll get dry hits (I assume you mean on a tank) and if it's too high, the vape will be underwhelming. Sometimes, depending on the batteries, a difference of 0.05Ω is all it takes to hit the sweet spot. Also, I don't know how consistent the resistance is from one production coil head to the next, compared to the stated value. If it's anything like what I tried years ago, it's not terribly reliable.

If I were you, I'd spend a little time learning how to do your own builds. It's more flexible and it's cheaper.

Depends on who or what company made the coils - there are some real winners and real losers out there

Would definitely avoid the UD and other premade Chinese made coils :blech:

roancool

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

If I were you, I'd spend a little time learning how to do your own builds. It's more flexible and it's cheaper.[/QUOTE

So i want to put my peerles limited edition RDA on my mech mod ( dont have one NEED to buy one)
And IM using alien V2 coils (look picture)
If i put them inside my peerles the resistance is 0,18 Ohm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

roancool

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Depends on who or what company made the coils - there are some real winners and real losers out there

Would definitely avoid the UD and other premade Chinese made coils :blech:

So i use alien V2 from demon killers 0,25 Ohm if i place them in my peerles limited edition RDA the Ohm is 0,18, i use my smok GX350 mod for calculating Ohm but i think i Will buy the coil master Ohm meter

Attachments

• IMG_8448.PNG
    IMG_8448.PNG
    639.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8449.PNG
    IMG_8449.PNG
    520.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8450.PNG
    IMG_8450.PNG
    616.1 KB · Views: 9

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What kind of mech are you using and more importantly - what batteries are you using in it?

roancool

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What kind of mech are you using and more importantly - what batteries are you using in it?
I Will use SONY VTC5a batteries and i NEED to Wait for mech untill next month i think i Will buy the VGOD elite mech mod but IM not sure

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
In addition to batteries make sure that if you're using a hybrid that you have a hybrid safe connection
Hybrid being a mod where the atty makes direct contact with the battery.
For this you want to make sure that the positive pin of your atty sticks out past the threading.
hybrid_safety.jpg

For this,I still wouldn't use the middle one510-connection-pin-550x329.jpg

To your question- yes. All the battery sees are the numbers, so long as ohm law works out and you're not pushing more than your battery can handle; and, you don't have a short, than you're good to go.

roancool

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In addition to batteries make sure that if you're using a hybrid that you have a hybrid safe connection
Hybrid being a mod where the atty makes direct contact with the battery.
For this you want to make sure that the positive pin of your atty sticks out past the threading.
View attachment 89010

For this,I still wouldn't use the middle oneView attachment 89011

To your question- yes. All the battery sees are the numbers, so long as ohm law works out and you're not pushing more than your battery can handle; and, you don't have a short, than you're good to go.

If u use the Sony VTC5a battery on a 0,18 Ohm build is iT safe ?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If u use the Sony VTC5a battery on a 0,18 Ohm build is iT safe ?
There is no such thing as "safe". Only that which people generally consider to be reasonably safe, but the truth is hidden in the "reasonably" part so, personally, I, know I could vape at .18 ohms on dual VTC5As in series without causing any problems, whereas other commenters clearly aren't ready for that stuff because either they want to play it extra safe or they haven't done their homework on battery safety enough yet, or maybe even both.

The thing about battery safety is some daring individuals─who also happen to be new to using a mech─see a battery rating, and then they'll use that number as a starting point to see how much farther they can take it. As a direct result, a lot of people recommend super conservative (sometimes paranoid) ohms to those who are new to mechs simply because there is no reliable way of telling if you subscribe to being one of the aforementioned daring individuals so... bottom line, do your homework or envision life in a padded room wearing a flannel suit stuffed with pillows.

VU Sponsors