Become a Patron!

Mech not firing WTF?

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm having this same issue. Maybe someone can help? NOT my video but I'm having the same exact thing happen to me.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check the atomizer first on a tester or a regulated mod to make sure there is continuity.

If the atomizer is ok, it is an issue with the mod. I'm assuming you have the boxxer, are all wires still soldered and not broken off or loose? Is the mods adjustabe 510 connection pin making contact with the positive on the atomizer?

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Check the atomizer first on a tester or a regulated mod to make sure there is continuity.

If the atomizer is ok, it is an issue with the mod. I'm assuming you have the boxxer, are all wires still soldered and not broken off or loose? Is the mods adjustabe 510 connection pin making contact with the positive on the atomizer?
It's not adjustable and there are no wires. Not sure what it was the atty worked on my other mods. So I took it all apart made sure everything was clean. It was/is because I got the darn thing yesterday. Put it back together and it fired. Not sure wtf was going on but... w/e. I basically spent $15 dollars on this throw away mod to see if I'd like vaping a mech. Answer is, I do, but I'm going to have to figure out how to make some coils to tailor my vaping a lil better. ATM using a 3 wrap 28Gx3/36G all SS316L tri-core fused clapton omhs @.18 in a wasp nano. I'd like something that was maybe a 4-6 wrap and .15 ohm. My thinking is more flavor and vapor. As is though the vape is good, when it fires lol.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw some people having issues like you.They just bent the fire button to then fire properly.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What does you volt ohm meter say mod is putting out when you fire with probes on 510? At post without coil? With coil?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
What does you volt ohm meter say mod is putting out when you fire with probes on 510? At post without coil? With coil?

I seem to have hidden my ohm meter in a place that I haven't looked yet ( i apparently lost it lol). That would have been helpful in figuring it out. Not sure what the problem was but it's working again after disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling the mod. I will def locate my volt meter so that if/when it happens again I'll be able to try and pinpoint the issue.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I seem to have hidden my ohm meter in a place that I haven't looked yet ( i apparently lost it lol). That would have been helpful in figuring it out. Not sure what the problem was but it's working again after disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling the mod. I will def locate my volt meter so that if/when it happens again I'll be able to try and pinpoint the issue.
You win the Darwin Award for the day.

YOU are why batteries explode. ...

This post needs to move to the What Not To Do forum.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have or had one... mine did the same thing after the first day. Before that I noticed sparking and when I took it apart I also noticed the fire bar was melting. I don't know where it is now.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Fwiw.... I think we take the battery safety issue too far... we sound paranoid most of the time.... but this is why we HAVE to do it.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fwiw.... I think we take the battery safety issue too far... we sound paranoid most of the time.... but this is why we HAVE to do it.
Some times I think the same thing, but with saying that when I decided to make the move into mechs I learned a lot of good info because of it. I just sat and looked at past post's for about a month and went from there. The whole time my mod was sitting on the shelf. This is the second post I have seen this week where it looks like individuals jumped into the deep end too fast. Just my opinion and I don't mean to belittle the OP.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You don't have a regulated mod lying around?

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You don't have a regulated mod lying around?

Yeah I do.

Darwin award srsly? It's not like I was sitting there hitting the button over and over while blow drying my hair in the bathtub.... When it didn't fire the second time I tried it, I disassembled and reassembled. It worked afterward. To even test it with a volt meter I would have had to fire it several more times potentially. No need to be rude. I came here for help.

Your attitude towards some one asking for help should be moved to the what not to do thread.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, then kindly shut the fuck up.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I do.

Darwin award srsly? It's not like I was sitting there hitting the button over and over while blow drying my hair in the bathtub.... When it didn't fire the second time I tried it, I disassembled and reassembled. It worked afterward. To even test it with a volt meter I would have had to fire it several more times potentially. No need to be rude. I came here for help.

Your attitude towards some one asking for help should be moved to the what not to do thread.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, then kindly shut the fuck up.

Don't need batteries in the MOD to diagnose or test a MECH. Only need the battery to test the BATTERY.

There is only 1 required tool for a mech. Thats a GOOD volt ohm meter. The second possible is a 510 Meter. Thats how you stay off the List.

I kinda like to keep BIG BROTHER out of vaping as much as possible....... The more vapes that go boom the more Uncle Sugar gets involved.

Read my posts I'm NOT a SAFETY freak. I just can't abide STUPID. Not that I'm all that smart.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Don't need batteries in the MOD to diagnose or test a MECH. Only need the battery to test the BATTERY.

There is only 1 required tool for a mech. Thats a GOOD volt ohm meter. The second possible is a 510 Meter. Thats how you stay off the List.

I kinda like to keep BIG BROTHER out of vaping as much as possible....... The more vapes that go boom the more Uncle Sugar gets involved.

Read my posts I'm NOT a SAFETY freak. I just can't abide STUPID. Not that I'm all that smart.

See there, now that's constructive and appreciated. If you had elaborated a little more then maybe I would have arrived at your intended conclusion.

I should have removed the battery, held the fire button and checked to see if the the circuit was indeed closing or not (check continuity). Battery removed RDA on, same thing at the positive post. Possibly checked the voltage on the battery to see if it had a bad cell, or was at to low of a voltage. All good suggestions!

I assumed it wasn't the battery because they are literally brand new VTC5A's I bought specifically to use in my mech mods.

Derogatory statements are hardly ever conducive to helping someone with an issue. Concise information is always better. If you are going to reply, take the time to give a complete explanation. A comment with only half the information is just as harmful as not commenting at all. Keeping that in mind will give you more tools to help others in keeping Big Brother out of our community and strengthening it in the process.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So you do stupid shit, post your stupid shit and we are to coddle your snowflake participation trophy feels for being stupid.
Got it.

Son you are playing with elemental forces that out strip your ability of logic. Playing with fire is not a phrase but what will happen when you vent your shit not being safe.

So I do not give a shit if you learn or not that is up to you, your feels mean jack shit when your battery and mod go BOOM in your face.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So you do stupid shit, post your stupid shit and we are to coddle your snowflake participation trophy feels for being stupid.
Got it.

Son you are playing with elemental forces that out strip your ability of logic. Playing with fire is not a phrase but what will happen when you vent your shit not being safe.

So I do not give a shit if you learn or not that is up to you, your feels mean jack shit when your battery and mod go BOOM in your face.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's ever had a problem like this. In fact I know for sure at least one other person has because like I said, I'm not the person in the video. People come to this forum to acquire knowledge, get help with issues they are having, or brag about the awesome new shiny they paid to much for (guilty).

They don't come here to be bashed and jabbed at for something happening to their mod that is beyond their control.

Next time I want an opinion from you I'll post in the "Ask a Jackass" forum you toxic mother fucker.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They don't come here to be bashed and jabbed at for something happening to their mod that is beyond their control.
Along with help comes a bit of criticism especially when safety is involved ( ask my employees). It is not towards your mod. It is towards what was in your control and failed to do before trying to fire it. I could be wrong but I think you are missing a few important steps that need to be done. I am a bit over cautious but safe. For example I leave a head space of 20% for my battery's, things like this should be known. I think I have seen you talk about steam engine and using it. Learn everything about it all the menu items. It will be your best friend. Last but not least, TEST your atty BEFORE putting on your mod and firing. There is a good list I saw once I will try and find it,

check out this link @r055co made a nice list
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/safety.346847/#post-1851920

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your mod goes BOOM.... I pay the price when Government regulated the affectiveness and affordabilty.

I can't diagnose mod issues over the Internet. .. UNLESS the poster can do the basic electrical testing for safe mod opperation...

You get the award for not being prepared...... steps you did take and but hurt response. Pretty much confirmed the award.

Oh any those that try to diagnose firing issues on regulated mods.... using the mods meter... deserve DOUBLE Awards.....

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sure I'm not the only one that's ever had a problem like this. In fact I know for sure at least one other person has because like I said, I'm not the person in the video. People come to this forum to acquire knowledge, get help with issues they are having, or brag about the awesome new shiny they paid to much for (guilty).

Next time I want an opinion from you I'll post in the "Ask a Jackass" forum you toxic mother fucker.
Next time snowflake pull your fucking head out your ass, or just say fuck it and go back to smoking.
Your fucking pussy ass feels do not trump science.
I was agreeing with Honda not jabbing at you, but then again you are to much of a mewling stupid cunt to take in basic safety considerations first.

Your feels got hurt because it was pointed out you were dancing with Darwin thinking you were being soo cool.

Mechs are beyond you, hell chewing gum and walking is beyond you.
Next time before you launch a personal attach step back and literally fuck your own face.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Along with help comes a bit of criticism especially when safety is involved ( ask my employees). It is not towards your mod. It is towards what was in your control and failed to do before trying to fire it. I could be wrong but I think you are missing a few important steps that need to be done. I am a bit over cautious but safe. For example I leave a head space of 20% for my battery's, things like this should be known. I think I have seen you talk about steam engine and using it. Learn everything about it all the menu items. It will be your best friend. Last but not least, TEST your atty BEFORE putting on your mod and firing. There is a good list I saw once I will try and find it,

check out this link @r055co made a nice list
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/safety.346847/#post-1851920
If you call the above tripe criticism, then I need to look up the definition again...

VU Sponsors