Become a Patron!

Mech Squonk mod recommendations

Komrade

Member For 1 Year
Hello all,I'm in the market for a new mech squonker ,I have pretty much always used tubes as I mainly vape on dual coil 24-25 mm drippers but a friend of mine recently gave me his dotRDA single coil to try and I can say that single coil flavor chasers are very enjoyable and I regret never giving them a chance even tho I own the hadaly so I decided to look for a mod to pair the hadaly/dotrda single coil.Any recommendations? bonus points for good looking mods and/or safer mods ( I am fairly experienced with mechs as I have been using them for the past year without any problems but the ones I have used are fairly ''safer'' ones like the admiral,bonza and dotmech) Ty all in advance

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking for new, used? Factory built? 3d printed. There a nice toaster v3 in the hardware section here. A couple doors. Not mine just a plug. Lol what kinda budget you have in mind? And welcome to the Vu by the way. Hope you enjoy your stay

Komrade

Member For 1 Year
Looking for new, used? Factory built? 3d printed. There a nice toaster v3 in the hardware section here. A couple doors. Not mine just a plug. Lol what kinda budget you have in mind? And welcome to the Vu by the way. Hope you enjoy your stay
Well budget is kinda flexible,normally I spend about 100-200 $ on a mod.I'm gonna get something new as I don't normally make high priced purchases from people I do not personally know and trust especially when it comes to mech mods.Factory built I guess as all the 3d printed mods I've come across ( squonk or otherwise) have poor design ( either too simplistic so it will look good even tho is is 3d printed or a complex design that comes out ugly due to the printing process).Had my eye set on the DotSquonk but heard a while ago that contrary to the dotmech which is considered one of the safest mods and is recommended even for begginers the dotsquonk although it performs great has a reputation as unsafe

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well budget is kinda flexible,normally I spend about 100-200 $ on a mod.I'm gonna get something new as I don't normally make high priced purchases from people I do not personally know and trust especially when it comes to mech mods.Factory built I guess as all the 3d printed mods I've come across ( squonk or otherwise) have poor design ( either too simplistic so it will look good even tho is is 3d printed or a complex design that comes out ugly due to the printing process).Had my eye set on the DotSquonk but heard a while ago that contrary to the dotmech which is considered one of the safest mods and is recommended even for begginers the dotsquonk although it performs great has a reputation as unsafe
I had a dot squonk and thinking of getting one again. I had no issues out if it at all. Just sold because I had too much stuff

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a dedicated mech squonker...have like 30 of 'em.

A few readily available that I'm happy with - each pictured below...
  • Dot Squonk - just got this, but it's very nice looking, a very nice finish, and working great so far. Got it for under $60 on black friday!
  • Armageddon , V2 or V3 for 20650 batteries, remain a bargain under $100 for a pretty simple straightforward mech device.
  • Vaping Architect - these are really nice for 3D prints...
  • I'm a fan of the L'atelier Molly. Foreign, but a quick ship and standard web store...
bluedot1.jpg

ultageddon-haku.jpg

arkonpic2b.jpg

mollymollymolly.jpg
Hello all,I'm in the market for a new mech squonker ,I have pretty much always used tubes as I mainly vape on dual coil 24-25 mm drippers but a friend of mine recently gave me his dotRDA single coil to try and I can say that single coil flavor chasers are very enjoyable and I regret never giving them a chance even tho I own the hadaly so I decided to look for a mod to pair the hadaly/dotrda single coil.Any recommendations? bonus points for good looking mods and/or safer mods ( I am fairly experienced with mechs as I have been using them for the past year without any problems but the ones I have used are fairly ''safer'' ones like the admiral,bonza and dotmech) Ty all in advance

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Here are a few to avoid at all cost:

Pulse (voltage sag is horrible)
Druga (more sag, door issues)

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a dot squonk and thinking of getting one again. I had no issues out if it at all. Just sold because I had too much stuff
Hmm. Never owned one, but know plenty who have and never heard it considered "unsafe" or more unsafe than other mechs
I am new both to squonking and mechs, but I am a tech guy who owns a Dotsquonk and also can't see any reason why it would be considered unsafe. It's a simple design well built and executed that just works.

Druga (more sag, door issues)
I've never owned one, but I have had it in my hands at a shop and it's a piece of unbelievably chintzy junk I wouldn't pay 5 bucks for. I mean it literally looks and feels like a grade school science project from Toys R Us or something.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I am new both to squonking and mechs, but I am a tech guy who owns a Dotsquonk and also can't see any reason why it would be considered unsafe. It's a simple design well built and executed that just works.

I've never owned one, but I have had it in my hands at a shop and it's a piece of unbelievably chintzy junk I wouldn't pay 5 bucks for. I mean it literally looks and feels like a grade school science project from Toys R Us or something.

I had a squonk emergency while out of state last Christmas and reluctantly bought one at a B&M - what a piece of :poop:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a squonk emergency while out of state last Christmas and reluctantly bought one at a B&M - what a piece of :poop:
Indeed. They had them half price for $19:99 on the counter. The RDA seemed alright, but the box felt like I could break it with my hands and the internals did not look like something I wanted powered up under my nose at all.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you want safer unregulated, a switchfet type deal might suit you.

The Luna squonker gets widely praised in that category. Or a bunch of others.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Indeed. They had them half price for $19:99 on the counter. The RDA seemed alright, but the box felt like I could break it with my hands and the internals did not look like something I wanted powered up under my nose at all.

As someone who has squonked since it was impossible to begin without plunking down at least $250, I had long advocated for BF to go mainstream

I did not anticipate a deluge of cheap ass trash bamboozling newbs

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me, I'm a big fan of Custom Classic, best Squonker made.

9c7aca64e82d6f88828d003bb5a3a9a5.jpg
cf471820b06f1f22360a114913d8eca1.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As someone who has squonked since it was impossible to begin without plunking down at least $250, I had long advocated for BF to go mainstream
I did not anticipate a deluge of cheap ass trash bamboozling newbs

Thankfully there are at least some decent reasonably priced squonk devices now too though. I'm sure you agree.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From $22 to - what? - $70? There are some amazingly good devices, and even more trash.. THe only major issue in all this is making the infamous "Right Choice" - because you can get discouraged and broke playing Chinee-Mod-Roulette.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think he only has 6061 left in single 18650. 7075 in dual 18650 and single 26650. And I suspect that winds up production for him

ETA above is grades of aluminium, not quantity. No other materials left

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think he only has 6061 left in single 18650. 7075 in dual 18650 and single 26650. And I suspect that winds up production for him

ETA above is grades of aluminium, not quantity. No other materials left
Oh man that would be a bummer! I haven't heard anything about him shutting down.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh man that would be a bummer! I haven't heard anything about him shutting down.

he has said he won't restock blanks now, just use what he's already had cnc'ed

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
he has said he won't restock blanks now, just use what he's already had cnc'ed
I contacted Corey, he's not closing shop. He just hasn't gotten many orders lately.

VU Sponsors