Become a Patron!

mechanical mod hitting weak

coolname123

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey, I need some help with making my tsunami mechanical mod hitting weak, I obtained the mech around 1.5 years ago and since then its been hitting weak (however i've got to mention that i wasn't the first owner tho im sure its authentic). Trying the rda on regulated mods seems to hit harder(even at 60ish watts).The coils are fused claptons, not too big, the outside wrapping wire seems to be of fine width, its running at 0.19 ohms. I've tried cleaning the contacts, purchasing new batteries(using vtc5a at the moment), screwing the coils in tighter - its helped but not to the point i'd expect. Also I should probably mention that i took out the spring in the button. Could it just be my imagination that is telling me it could hit harder or are there any more things I should try besides building lower. Also the button seems to be getting a little bit hot, could that be related to whatever problem im having?

p.s. the connection on my mech is direct
p.p.s. I know bout the battery safety and so on

Last edited:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I take it you're using a tube.
Why did you take the spring out of the button?
Do you actually want your batteries to vent?
Maybe I am missing something but I would not take the springs out of mine!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you clean it with?
If it's SS or aluminum use Noalox on the contacts, if Copper, Brass, Silver or Gold use Deoxit Gold.

Hot Button tels me you need to clean the contacts better. I recommend using Wrights Copper Cream and do a very good deep cleaning paying a lot of attention to the contacts.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's your coils made of send a photo

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Remember to store this in the pocket closest to yer balls; and make sure you really deep-throat that vape!
/chortle

coolname123

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I take it you're using a tube.
Why did you take the spring out of the button?
Do you actually want your batteries to vent?
Maybe I am missing something but I would not take the springs out of mine!
There was a button connection problem and I had to put the spring in another place of the mech, this is a tendency for tsunami mechs, it actually helped

coolname123

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What do you clean it with?
If it's SS or aluminum use Noalox on the contacts, if Copper, Brass, Silver or Gold use Deoxit Gold.

Hot Button tels me you need to clean the contacts better. I recommend using Wrights Copper Cream and do a very good deep cleaning paying a lot of attention to the contacts.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
It's copper as far as I remember, does viniger work as an alternative?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It's nichrome, I can send the pic later on the day

You say you are using legit Sony VTC5a's?
You could probably get away with building just a little lower.
Maybe 0.16ohms

Also white vinegar works very well for cleaning copper mods.
just make sure you have the orings / spring, etc... out before you dunk the tube, switch, and top cap.

coolname123

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You say you are using legit Sony VTC5a's?
You could probably get away with building just a little lower.
Maybe 0.16ohms

Also white vinegar works very well for cleaning copper mods.
just make sure you have the orings / spring, etc... out before you dunk the tube, switch, and top cap.
Yeah the it's legit vtc 5a I guess I'll try building at around .16 next time. Just that the wire im building from would be around 4 wraps at 0.16 which looks oddly small comparing to the usual 5, is that fine?

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah the it's legit vtc 5a I guess I'll try building at around .16 next time. Just that the wire im building from would be around 4 wraps at 0.16 which looks oddly small comparing to the usual 5, is that fine?
I do 4 wrap ni80 22g some times and it works but usually I do 5 wraps with same wire so its around a 0.11

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors