Become a Patron!

Mechanical or Hybrid Tube Mods

Hi guys! I'm currently looking for the best power tube mods that you could give me because right now, I really don't have any idea what would be the best. Thank you.

Elpidio x Rafaela by Golden Disciple
12778873_1155850037760487_8892205203648906946_o.jpg

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any of the ≥ 24mm copper tubes on the market with a simple switch design will do:
AV Able. Kennedy Roundhouse. CC Manhattan V2. VAMP Rig V2. TLoS SCNDRL.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Electrically, the hybrids type connection will be stronger, but more risky....... As for what to look for to get the hardest hitting, read least volt drop, Mechanivcal mod. It will be most likely Copper construction, have very few individual parts, and a limited amount of metal between the battery and the coil.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bypass the hybrids.. unless you really have the chops of ohms law and knowledge.
So you do not end up like fuckface mcfucktard here.
20160127-124939-g.jpg

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got a big rig/roughneck V2 hybrid, and I don't know if it's the rda (roughneck) I'm not a fan of, or if I haven't found the right build yet, but I've found my 2 other regular rotation mechanical devices to "hit harder" than the hybrid. I think it's really just a matter of the build and rda...my 6 dollar plume veil clone rips with a .2 ohm build on my aria oros V2.. Granted it is a nice tube mod (about $70), but my Hollowpoint clone (about $30) also rips.. I feel like I have to be missing something, but I've been yet to be impressed or blown away with my hybrid's performance. The build quality is phenomenal, it's easily the nicest one I have, as it should be for how much I paid for it, but as far as performance goes- the distinction is not as clear as it is on the quality front. With the comparision in price points, I like my Oros V2 better than the Big Rig..

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got a big rig/roughneck V2 hybrid, and I don't know if it's the rda (roughneck) I'm not a fan of, or if I haven't found the right build yet, but I've found my 2 other regular rotation mechanical devices to "hit harder" than the hybrid. I think it's really just a matter of the build and rda...my 6 dollar plume veil clone rips with a .2 ohm build on my aria oros V2.. Granted it is a nice tube mod (about $70), but my Hollowpoint clone (about $30) also rips.. I feel like I have to be missing something, but I've been yet to be impressed or blown away with my hybrid's performance. The build quality is phenomenal, it's easily the nicest one I have, as it should be for how much I paid for it, but as far as performance goes- the distinction is not as clear as it is on the quality front. With the comparision in price points, I like my Oros V2 better than the Big Rig..
Are they all the same material?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The FU mech, with the carbon wrap, works great. I build in the 0.3ish range and only do simple single coils. Love it. I use rbavapor rdas. I have a praxis clone that's works great too. Where I bought it no longer carries them.

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are they all the same material?
Well, the big rig and the Orio's are both solid copper tubes. The Hollowpoint parallel mech-mod is.... delrin? maybe? but the contacts are copper... I think.. I think it has to be the Airflow factor on the RDA (roughneck) that I just dont really care for when it comes to the big rig hybrid.. but to each his own! I like that with a regular mech-its generally safer to use whatever RDA you want and not worry about the length of the contact pin.

I'm actually looking for a shop on US that could actually shipped out some tube mods for me, But I'm really having hard time looking for a shop that actually have it. Currently using Zeteki by RVCC

Attachments

• 13131262_261748797504016_2191263176084897078_o.jpg
    13131262_261748797504016_2191263176084897078_o.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 12

VU Sponsors