Become a Patron!

Mechanical pics!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that kinda looks like a first gen scndrl? but I know it's not. what is that? the copper color also looks clonish like that dull copper color all cheap mech mods come in. I have 47 mech mods, most authentic but the copper clones all have that hazy cheap crap copper material.

Clone? I'm shocked! That there is an *authentic* el-cheapo Aleader Twelve Constellations Chinese mod :)

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2687e314ab68bf0065943412fb962969.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just polished up my Oros V2, figured why not mate it with a Ti Apocalypse gen 2! .20 aliens.
33bc8680f1b3e4bd150ebd85a39cd960.jpg

I've decided to sell some of my mechs because I have 49 of them and many get no love so hit me up if you want / need a mech mod.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
hoping my rare sleeve shows up for my able! before work, which starts in 1hour :/
just got the custom tip last night after work.
b469ff599e19305e66df6a7570340d95.jpg
41da2252c832a17141e2bf9059412eec.jpg

I have all of my mail people on speed dial pretty much. If there's something I want or need earlier I just ask them where I can meet them might be because I'm from the country though lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Picked up this guy today. Not fancy but I'm a sucker for Star Wars. I need a black or gold RDA but the goddess of the bank account has cut me off.

29052c691a68a7a8f270e0ff7eb61dc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the sleeve or the whole mod? I see a phat scratch on the top part of the mod :(

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sleeve. The scratch was all me. Had to use some pliers to get the RDA off. :cry: Oh well. I still like it.
noo! I did the same thing to my authentic Manhattan! now I use rubber type strips. they can grip anything and unscrew anything. never use pliers on a mod. I was able to sand my lines out! unfortunately yours is painted to you can't buff it out but you can repaint!

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
noo! I did the same thing to my authentic Manhattan! now I use rubber type strips. they can grip anything and unscrew anything. never use pliers on a mod. I was able to sand my lines out! unfortunately yours is painted to you can't buff it out but you can repaint!

Thankfully the mod is not one of the really expensive ones. IT's brass. The paint will wear long before the brass does and I'm sure

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Nice! I have a Skeleton Key, but it's the gold ceramic one. But I have a couple of copper Doges I could patina... :)
Did you do it yourself?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice! I have a Skeleton Key, but it's the gold ceramic one. But I have a couple of copper Doges I could patina... :)
Did you do it yourself?
I did.It took about 24 hours I used ammonia, sea salt and pink Himalayan salt.the usual YouTube video.im going to do a 26650 smpl mod this weekend.
8424b16b338df34ad217d3a78604b720.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just hit my Oros with 900 grit sandpaper for a brushed finish! got tired of the finger prints lol
I have two of these mods so figured id have one brushed, one polished.
b462a27e7fc40c636ea3922f7ba111e5.jpg

Really think I like copper better brushed. Looks good.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What did you coat it with to save the patina?

I used a clear coat spray for mine. Just used a cork or something to stuff in the holes to keep spray off the threads.Or you'll have to clean all that

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What did you coat it with to save the patina?

I used a clear coat spray for mine. Just used a cork or something to stuff in the holes to keep spray off the threads.Or you'll have to clean all that

Same here. Rustoleum glossy from Home Depot.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The one shown was ammonia/sea salt, the 2 Six is getting vinegar/sea salt, and the Rig clone is getting egg sulphur.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The one shown was ammonia/sea salt, the 2 Six is getting vinegar/sea salt, and the Rig clone is getting egg sulphur.
Make sure to post the egg. Is it supposed to be reds and yellow? I was going to do mustard on the key but opted for pink hymalaya and ammonia

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Not sure yet what color(s) it'll end up being. I'll post pics tomorrow. Right now, it's yellow. :D

2017-08-26 23.53.19.jpg

I have the pink Himalayan salt, but tried the sea salt first.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure yet what color(s) it'll end up being. I'll post pics tomorrow. Right now, it's yellow. :D

View attachment 90379

I have the pink Himalayan salt, but tried the sea salt first.
I saw one with scrambled egg wrapped up like that.i did mine in a Tupperware container and suspended it with two screws so I could re salt and spray every 6 hours for 24 hours then let it dry. It was a little crusty so I softly rinsed then clear coat
9f078ddd6cb75b2f505cb1199688607e.jpg

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw one with scrambled egg wrapped up like that.i did mine in a Tupperware container and suspended it with two screws so I could re salt and spray every 6 hours for 24 hours then let it dry. It was a little crusty so I softly rinsed then clear coat
9f078ddd6cb75b2f505cb1199688607e.jpg

I have a boat load of copper mechs maybe I should do this!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just set it up and let it sit.im not even sure you have to wait 24 hours. But some turn out super blue which I was hoping for but this was nice too so I cleared it

b_d_builders

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for all the help guys I'm going to try it out on my old SMPL clone then maybe hit my Trinity US1 with a patina .

Should I polish the mod first before patina process or just leave it how it is? Right now it's pretty tarnished.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for all the help guys I'm going to try it out on my old SMPL clone then maybe hit my Trinity US1 with a patina .

Should I polish the mod first before patina process or just leave it how it is? Right now it's pretty tarnished.

I just stuck mine in there.patina is just a rush job on tarnish. Make sure you Vaseline the threads or cork in them somehow so you don't patina the threads. I forgot and had to wire brush mine

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That combination is way more Matchy Matchy in person, even the dimples match well but I don't feel that it comes across in the photo as well.
HK is a great mod, everything is perfect. t's a different switch than the Able or TK. The overlaying structure to the switch is brilliant for adjusting battery rattle in a new way but still hiding it.

Akuma /13h9h? Like so? ;p
That's a Knight Mod switch with a Penny Mod contact as well...

4323E495-421A-46B4-A416-39FDDBE58B30_zpsmt6w5ywj.jpg

E7811072-335F-4CA1-87B1-34EE2B0EAD3A_zpslqunfccd.jpg

C9B1B6F7-9616-4F9B-8BE4-4E7DA712C083_zpsx5urqz8d.jpg

Penny contact, Knight switch, Nemesis ring, Akuma tube, 4nine top cap, CCC deck, 13hells sleeve and cap, & Ultem Evolve Chuff.
Basically a piece from everything.
Johnny Cash would be proud, lol.
anyway you could revive those photos? would love to see that lego mod

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just ordered the VGod Elite Mech (with the Trick Tank Pro RDTA to go on top) and it should arrive in the next week. I can't wait! I'll share pics once they arrive.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
busten out with some rhodium plated brass bling bling $$$$$.
25242ac6e3d24a0e645464277e15ee41.jpg

The sunlight interacts with vapor to create carcinogenic chemicals that turn people into tree-hugging liberals who only drink white wine

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
which mod do you like more?

The sunlight interacts with vapor to create carcinogenic chemicals that turn people into a prig
Both work absolutely great but I think I prefer the Elite Mech. The performance is that much better and I love the ergonomics of the mod and the weighty feel.

VU Sponsors