Become a Patron!

Mechanical pics!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VERY Nice!!!
It's an awesome single battery mod. So simple to maintain, excellent build quality and one hell of a performer! Still at least one available on Dragons Den, extra bonus on sale.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
H28x4ye.jpg

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's taken several days but I've gone through 52 pages of this thread.

Anyway, moved the Goon to the Star Wars Able clone. DR back in drawer and pulled the csmnt out of drawer. Slapped a couple of AVS tri core fused claptons in it and put on the vgod. Really enjoying the vape while waiting for the Kennedy to ship.

Untitled by Wayne, on Flickr

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Absolutely the best buy out there!
I agree, the machining is close to perfection, performance, feel, style and design I really love. I love it so much I ordered the 21700 in Copper. I think this is the best Kennedy yet. The cost is excellent, I really tip my hat off to Kennedy for not price gouging.

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I got the One Tip by Districf5ve, it’s a little low profile but not uncomfortable at all. Also the tips are threaded to the base plate and comes in many colors. Liking it! Oh and don’t be the fashion police, I have pretty good taste
53d0211d37f99f77021ec5b5660696e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree, the machining is close to perfection, performance, feel, style and design I really love. I love it so much I ordered the 21700 in Copper. I think this is the best Kennedy yet. The cost is excellent, I really tip my hat off to Kennedy for not price gouging.

I now completely agree and am sold. I spent years wondering what the big deal was and how can it be worth that much scratch? My next "big purchase will be the matching Kennedy 25 RDA, but that will begrudgingly wait for Christmas.

If it's in you budget get it..I'm now a Kennedy fanboy.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I now completely agree and am sold. I spent years wondering what the big deal was and how can it be worth that much scratch? My next "big purchase will be the matching Kennedy 25 RDA, but that will begrudgingly wait for Christmas.

If it's in you budget get it..I'm now a Kennedy fanboy.

We have these discussions on a regular basis. I have three Purge mods, an Immortal Grip and some custom Dragons all costing above 300 dollars once they are tricked out (silver contacts, custom drip tips, custom sleeves, et all). Are they worth it. To me they are. I love the feel of a quality mod. I've had the clones. They are okay. But don't tell me they are 1:1 because they simply are not.

I like a button that is silky smooth threading. I like a consistent throw. I like a very low voltage drop - just got the new Duvo Predator RDA that costs a lot but has minimal voltage drop. So to each their own.

Now there are few quality mods that cost 200 or less. The Brizo and Vindicator are two of the best at that price range. A few Immortal/Armageddons are also in that range (Oden). You can even find a B2B Purge pretty cheap second hand. So why not buy quality?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We have these discussions on a regular basis. I have three Purge mods, an Immortal Grip and some custom Dragons all costing above 300 dollars once they are tricked out (silver contacts, custom drip tips, custom sleeves, et all). Are they worth it. To me they are. I love the feel of a quality mod. I've had the clones. They are okay. But don't tell me they are 1:1 because they simply are not.

I like a button that is silky smooth threading. I like a consistent throw. I like a very low voltage drop - just got the new Duvo Predator RDA that costs a lot but has minimal voltage drop. So to each their own.

Now there are few quality mods that cost 200 or less. The Brizo and Vindicator are two of the best at that price range. A few Immortal/Armageddons are also in that range (Oden). You can even find a B2B Purge pretty cheap second hand. So why not buy quality?

Yeah, I now agree. I'd rather save my money and only get a couple of quality things a year instead of 10 decent things.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

For the Sub $200 I do love SΩI tubes but on the high end holds barred none the best IMO are 2JNT Pilak's, I've got a few of them and haven't found anything that can match them. But for the cost of them they don't often leave the house ;)

Yeah, I now agree. I'd rather save my money and only get a couple of quality things a year instead of 10 decent things.
Yep, get a few quality items and they will last well beyond your lifetime. Plus you'll be much happier with the performance, looks, etc. Avoid the cheap and immediate gratification that has infected most of society these days. I miss that days where quality and service was the standard.

Now price doesn't always mean quality, just do your homework and most all the time it will pay off.

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Left to right is my tiny tube collection so far ...

Ohmega Denali Mod

Vaperz Cloud XXX Stacked

SOI SZX

SOI Shorty X

Attachments

• 20180919_110018-1512x2016.jpg
    20180919_110018-1512x2016.jpg
    681.1 KB · Views: 36

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Left to right is my tiny tube collection so far ...

Ohmega Denali Mod

Vaperz Cloud XXX Stacked

SOI SZX

SOI Shorty X

Those are all solid tubes.

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I agree. Simple, solid, fires great, easy to maintain. I do keep an eye on the contact threads. I thought about drilling venting in it but changed my mind. I'll leave it original.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want one baaaaad
Yeah I really am digging the new Kennedy's, for the price and what they deliver I seriously think they're the best tubes available.

425d22739bc251aefaf65b80837efa27.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Geez Louise!!! Nice. That would probably pay off my car.
Meh, price doesn't always mean the best. Try a pure 92.5% pure silver Pilak at around $425 and you'll see what we've been raving about. IMO Purge are way over priced for what you get.

Comes down to it, I prefer a Kennedy over a Purge

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Meh, price doesn't always mean the best. Try a pure 92.5% pure silver Pilak at around $425 and you'll see what we've been raving about. IMO Purge are way over priced for what you get.

I understand that to a point. I don't have a lot of tubes at this time so I can't speak to it personally from hands on experience is what I mean by that.

I like the SOI's that I have for a few reasons. One being safety. The delrin is a real plus to me. I know this may sound contradictory after what I just said about safety, but I don't have a Broadside because of the 510. I like the hybrid connection. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking anybody I just don't like 510's on a tube mech. On my series box I don't have a problem with it.

As far as price point goes I understand some of it:
1) Where it's made
2) Materials used
3) Level of machining
4) How many were made
5) Styling i.e. custom engraving etc.

And just straight up personal tastes.

I won't lie about it. If I won the lotto I'd have so much vape stuff I'd have to open a museum.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Comes down to it I prefer the Dragon mods over Purge too.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have 5 Purge mods and 1 Pilak tube mod. If I had the choice of paying full price for one these fancy Purge mods (Hagerman, Turbo, etc) or a plain Pilak tube, I would opt for a plain Pilak tube. The more expensive Purges perform the same as the less expensive B2B ones. All the extra $$$ is in the aesthetics. Also, I hate the throw with the standard magnets on the Purges - they're just too strong. It's like a friggin' workout using these things. One of them has the silver spring option, and it's perfect. I'll either sell 4 of them, or get 4 more sets of springs.

This one has the spring.

TyKqn8D.jpg

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Absolutely love my Pilak. It is hands down the smoothest and hardest hitting single battery mech mod that I own. I just hate leaving the house with it.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand that to a point. I don't have a lot of tubes at this time so I can't speak to it personally from hands on experience is what I mean by that.

I like the SOI's that I have for a few reasons. One being safety. The delrin is a real plus to me. I know this may sound contradictory after what I just said about safety, but I don't have a Broadside because of the 510. I like the hybrid connection. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking anybody I just don't like 510's on a tube mech. On my series box I don't have a problem with it.

As far as price point goes I understand some of it:
1) Where it's made
2) Materials used
3) Level of machining
4) How many were made
5) Styling i.e. custom engraving etc.

And just straight up personal tastes.

I won't lie about it. If I won the lotto I'd have so much vape stuff I'd have to open a museum.
SOI's are a very solid Tube, they are on top of being one of my favorites. The Kennedy Vindicator are on top also and with an outstanding price for what you get.

VU Sponsors