Become a Patron!

Medallion Liquid silver plating is beautiful on copper mods.

This stuff literally just rubs on your mod and silver plates it. I got in on amazon for 16.99 and I have to say I'm impressed. It's definitely not a thick plating but it is enough to make it look silver.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pictures of the plated mod?

Zac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
yeah, some pics would be nice, also i assume it helps with tarnishing?

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah, some pics would be nice, also i assume it helps with tarnishing?
Well if it is a plating I would think that it would make your mod silver plated copper. So I don't think tarnishing would be an issue. My thought is why would I want to plate my copper mod when I bought it because it is copper.

Zac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I like copper for the conductivity of it but I hate how quickly it tarnishes, I have to clean it constantly.... and they don't make my mod in silver

Zac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How quickly does it rub off? So easy to apply seems like it would come off with like a day of use

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure but it seems that it is only a light coating so it can be scratched off I would think. I find putting a clear coat would do about the same as this but you would preserve the copper coloring. Just not sure what to make off buying a copper and putting silver on it. I would much rather just clear coat it to preserve the copper color, but that is just my humble meandering thought.

Zac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
im not really concerned with the coloring, the clear coat would be fine for the tube but im talking about my button assembly, threads, top cap and pins in my xxix for example. i actually just cleaned it because this thread made me think about it and its a bitch, takes 20 mins everytime, but it hits so much better after. i have silver plated pins in my nemesis and all silver pins in the panzer and they hardly ever need cleaning. it would be nice if the silver plating stuff did that at that cost.

Zac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
with all that nonsense said, what clear coat do you use? always looking for a good one to recommend to a buddy who does patinas

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just use the ones you can get at Wal-Mart but I have heard the ones you get at Home Depot that can be used on copper sinks and appliances works and repels water and fingerprint and resists tarnishing.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely resists the patina, tarnishing and it hasn't rubbed off.
Well it does give one an option if they want copper but prefer no maintenance. It looks nice but I would rather keep it copper just my opinion. Thanks for the showing of what it looks like.

Zac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hell yeah, looks nice, keep us updated as to when it starts to wear off

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Very interesting, and nice. I prefer my copper to get a dirty ass patina, but I'd consider doing that to a mod in the future.

bb0y

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried a company called Jax's silver plating on a copper Nemesis. It lasted about a day then rubbed off. The only place it didn't rub off was in the engraving. Maybe I will try this stuff you used, do you have a link for the best price?

VU Sponsors