Meet Philip Morris and their new iQOS

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by Ms. Trixy, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy Up & around in no time they say. Pffft! VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
  2. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host Reviewer Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    Ms. Trixy likes this.
  3. lordmage

lordmage Joined The Crusade - it's PG/VG, not VG/PG!!! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    The Marlboro HeatStick, pictured inside the iQOS pen holder, is heated to 350 degrees Celsius to create a tobacco-flavoured nicotine vapour. The pen is re-charged inside the battery, pictured behind the HeatStick, by plugging it into the mains using the USB connection and plug

more comically called heat not burn cigarettes (HNB) for short.

there was once a device released under the name elispe (sp?) that did the same thing costed over 20 bucks for the unit and you need special vg soaked analogs for it call refills that cost 8 bucks and the was when the regular analog price was around 5 bucks a pack stand by i will attempt to find it

edits:
    [​IMG]
    sopurce :http://gizmodo.com/what-is-a-heat-not-burn-cigarette-and-can-it-help-you-q-1676879928

According to Associated Press the product "flopped" and in 2015 a rebranded version called "Revo" was being tested in US regional markets.[4] Meanwhile, Eclipse remained in "limited production", perhaps mainly on sale in the staff cafe at Reynolds' headquarters.[4]
    http://www.nytimes.com/1988/11/19/business/smokeless-cigarette-s-hapless-start.html

Revo is essentially the same as Eclipse, but with a new appearance.[5] It primarily heated tobacco instead of burning it.[5] The price was close to a premium pack of traditional cigarettes.[5]

In July 2015 the CEO of Reynolds said they "planned to discontinue its heat-not-burn cigarette Revo, which it began testing in Wisconsin in February.[3] She said consumer adoption rates failed to meet expectations."[3]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_(cigarette)

http://www.journalnow.com/business/...cle_afc1a516-29dc-55a5-8a54-75bd32cddd60.html
    "Revo, Reynolds' heat-not-burn cigarettes works this way: Smokers light a carbon tip that heats air that, as it is inhaled, passes over tobacco in a cylinder identical to a standardcigarette. The flavors of tobacco and nicotine are inhaled and then exhaled by smokers.Aug 2, 2015"

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Rickajho likes this.
  4. lordmage

lordmage Joined The Crusade - it's PG/VG, not VG/PG!!! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    ok i figured it out :D did i win anything :D

Rickajho and Ms. Trixy like this.
  5. Synphul

Synphul Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Looks like an overly complicated and over engineered version of a cigalike while still managing to use tobacco. Even as an ex smoker with plenty of years under my belt and my recent (just under a year) experience being a vaper this looks like a roadmap to overpriced failure. Not as good as a cig (not an authentic cig, not promoting them), not as good as a vape. Split right down the middle and missed both marks which might explain their past lack of success.

6. celticluvr

celticluvr Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    looks nasty and complicated :confused: and expensive :kickbutt:

7. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy Up & around in no time they say. Pffft! VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Thank you, Smokie. I wasn't sure at all on how they would do it.
    What about the filter, carcinogens, heat source, etc.
    I'm going to research this further.
    It's driving me nuts!

8. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host Reviewer Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    Capturefffegetaboutoti.JPG

Whiskey and Ms. Trixy like this.
  9. Angrygod50

Angrygod50 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Flavor Beads....WTF?????? o_O

Synphul and celticluvr like this.
  10. celticluvr

celticluvr Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Don't know and don't wanna know..... Sounds wrong, like really, really wrong :teehee::devil:

Angrygod50 likes this.
  11. Synphul

Synphul Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Remember all those plastic micro beads they had to remove from various bath soaps? Found 'em. lmao

Angrygod50, Whiskey and Markw4mms like this.
  12. Iliketurtles

Iliketurtles Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:

It's not new this will show you what it is about, but annoyingly reviewer hasn't worked out that phones can be turned sideways :D

13. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    That's not all that was annoying about the review, I stopped at a minute and a half in.

14. 4pups

4pups New Member

Blog Posts:
    Can I load a J Bone in that thing? On a serious note WTF?? I mean who the hell are these scumbags hoping will buy this thing? I'm sure the FDA will be calling all over themselves to approve it, and cash a BT check.

15. pulsevape

pulsevape Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    WTF...I got your flavor beads right here.

16. KKen

KKen Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Its interesting because I see more and more Japanese tourists vaping these devices in Hawaii. I've tried one recently as well, its basically identical to smoking a cig, it has the same heat and "ashy" taste; I can see how this is very attractive to a smoker; I would have probably loved this back in the day as well.

Also, the tech isnt new, its the same as the herbalizers like the Davinci's or similar.

17. pulsevape

pulsevape Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'd sure like to know what's in those flavor beads...Phillip Morris isn't renowned for their honesty.

gakudzu likes this.
  18. gakudzu

gakudzu Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I feel liked I've paid for enough death-dealer tropical vacations.

19. Rickajho

Rickajho Gold Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I'd sure like to know if it's more carcinogenic than a real cigarette. :huh:

20. mikeyboy74

mikeyboy74 VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Time limited vape. Only their shortened chemically treated analogs will work in their vape pen, so you have to buy a pack.

Without those flexibility constraints, could be another story.

I may spend as much now as before, but never because of no options with my setups.

Will be interesting to see who will be allowed to sell the iqos. I expect lots of advertising, since technically it isn't smoking.

21. nightshard

nightshard It's VG/PG not PG/VG VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Anyone already vaping should not use the IQOS, it's a step backwards.

Whiskey likes this.
  22. KKen

KKen Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, it tastes pretty much like smoking the actual cigarette, not to mention you are still getting in quite a bit of whatever chemical additives that have been added to the tobacco leaves, and it does get messy when you empty it too. I'm pretty sure there will be a similar product not made by BT coming soon that can be used with any cigarette. For vapers, absolutely not, but for smokers who have been brainwashed by media that vaping is bad for you, its a step in the right direction.

Whiskey likes this.
  23. fartbubble

fartbubble Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    The beads are probably like Camel's menthol beads they put in their filters

24. Canadian Vaper

Canadian Vaper Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Big tobacco can take their big bag of D's and go Fark themselves.....