Member buttons

Discussion in 'General Requests' started by Amber Petti, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Amber Petti

Amber Petti Platinum Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I see a lot of member buttons with certain people, but half the buttons I don’t know what they mean, example VU Swat... the button sounds awesome! Like I want to be a swat member, but what does it mean?

VU contributer is common sense.

I was just curious if there’s a thread somewhere that lists all the buttons and what they mean. If not, could a thread be created in the new members forum so us newbies could learn about them? Probably a small not needed request, but I was curious.

2. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Swat was recently bought in as a way to give members the ability to report faster for spam (without it you have a time delay to report)...they may well be additional access granted with the badge to “swat” spam at some point not sure in that bit?

most badges are just that ...some have additional features that grant them extra privileges

moderator, staff member, admin, VU vendor, swat challenge team have more privileges depending on where it is in the forum and what they want to do.

VU donator and Challenge Team have extra areas of the forum they can see

other than that as far as I’m aware they are to show different things like time on forum, media and other things, and number of posts

:)

hope that helps

3. Amber Petti

Blog Posts:
    Yes, you helped very much! Just one last question and you can delete or lock this thread:

What’s challenge team mean?

DonBaldy likes this.
  4. Theboss

Theboss Quit vaping. VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Amber Petti likes this.
  5. Amber Petti

Blog Posts:
  6. Theboss

Theboss Quit vaping. VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    :cheers:

Amber Petti likes this.
  7. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    very rarely will you see threads locked ...so if you think of anything else can always come back and ask :)

8. Amber Petti

Blog Posts:
    Ok thank you so much!

When will my new member button die?

KingPin! likes this.
  9. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    After you post x messages (think it’s 100) it’ll go to bronze, or it removes itself after I think 3 months

could never remember this @Countrypami knows :)

Countrypami and Amber Petti like this.
  10. Amber Petti

Blog Posts:
    Thank you!

11. Countrypami

Countrypami The Link Ninja Staff Member VU Administrator Senior Moderator VU Vendor Employee VU Donator Diamond Contributor VU Live Host Member For 5 Years Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Amber Petti, KingPin! and DonBaldy like this.
  12. Amber Petti

Blog Posts:
    Countrypami likes this.
  13. Irked Particle

Irked Particle VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I'm so glad threads aren't locked often here. Something about that has always rubbed me the wrong way, like we're being censored or something (although I understand sometimes it's warranted).

Just another reason I love Vaping Underground!

Also, I had no idea there were extra thingies for donators. Where the heck do I find those? :)

KingPin! and Amber Petti like this.
  14. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    just a hidden section - very little activity in it though

15. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    nothing wrong with donors talking among themselves in that section with in the rules of course... i thing that section may see more activity as time progresses.

16. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    it’s ok mage you don’t need to defend the realm...and yeah I remember those discussions too ;)

it is what it is ....people wanna donate they gonna donate for other reasons, just worth being open about it, ......:.it’s there, but not used much is where it’s at right now

So are there confirmed plans for that section?, what are they?

lordmage likes this.
  17. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    i think only time will tell it is a donor section after all. however i have voiced a few ideas for it...

18. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    “We” and staff team discussed would be a more fitting description to use don’t you agree?

not looking for a fight was just answering a question as it stands right now, if there are plans ...great, all that was needed haha

19. lordmage

Blog Posts:
    some staffers voiced ideas a while back that your aware of other than that i am not aware as of yet of any official or unofficial plan for the donors section other than supporting are donors right to use that section.

KingPin! and Wb80 like this.
  20. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member VU Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Mod Team Leader Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    KingPin! and lordmage like this.