Become a Patron!

Merlin vs Serpent Mini 25

VapeForHealth88

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello fellow vapers. I'm looking into buying a new tank and I'm torn between the Serpent Mini 25 and the Merlin. I've heard about some leaking,seeping issues with the Merlin,because of the base being press-fit together. Has this problem been addressed and solved with new versions, or is this still ongoing? Any pros and cons between the two? I'll only be building single coil setups..well obviously for the Serpent haha. Basically I'm looking for tank to use for a more flavorful and more ejuice efficient than my Tfv8 running dual various Clapton's... And if it's quieter than my Tfv8 that'd also be a plus cause vaping that in the same room as my wife makes her want to stab me in the throat. Thanks for your time ladies and gents. Vape on.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I doubt it's been addressed as there are more people with the seeping issue than without. Shame because the Merlin is my favorite single coil tank but I can not in good conscience recommend it because of the seeping. I have 4 and all 4 seep. 3 seep so bad they have been rendered unusable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Step away from the Merlin.
Mine seep and have to have it on a solid pin mech so it doesn't seep all over my box mods but still have to wipe it off every time I touch it. Great atty for building coils on, great vapor but shitty manufacturing practice to release a pressfit atty without proper testing. I will never buy another augvape product again.

VapeForHealth88

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
How's the reputation for the Serpent Mini 25 here on the forums? For such a short tank does the drip tip get hot easily? Does it seep or leak? Any info and opinions help.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the serpent mini 25 and honestly I ran 2 tanks through it and boxed it back up...just not enough air flow for my liking...Didn't have leaking issues or seepage with it, wicks fine in both single and dual mode. Drip tip never got hot, but I did find the drip tip wasn't snug...and flavor wasn't on par for me. ( I'm a RDA guy )

I have tried a slew of RTAs and I seem to always end up back with my RDAs...Flavor is always great, doesn't leak (unless I over drip) and air flow is always almost perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Petri rta! Enough said

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

VapeForHealth88

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So I decided on getting the Serpent Mini 25 and can't seem to find a US based website that has the damn thing in stainless steel. Anyone know of any US based sites that have em, I'm to impatient to wait for the slow boat from China.

VU Sponsors