Become a Patron!

Merlin wicking advice wanted

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been used to wicking the limitless so I did the same with the Merlin. All was well no leaks until I sat the atty down and took a break from chain vaping and a pool has accumulated it was coming out the side where the cap pops on. Just wanting some professional advice wicking the Merlin. I just cut fluffed and tried to fill the holes for genny style wicking best I could. Should I be heavy on the cotton? I use Japanese cotton pads, take the outside layers off and fluffed the middle portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First time using the Merlin rdta by the way new to it completely

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Again later on this evening I was just vaping along no issues and then all of a sudden it poured out both sides upright on my hand.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I need to pull out my RDTA and give it a shot

Had it for a long time but have yet to build it

Love the OG Merlin and the mini

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking I need a little thicker wicks, the juice wholes are large in this rdta.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The bigger the ID of the coil the more cotton your going to use and its the tails that is the cause of the problem. Thin out the tails by brushing a pin or something pointy through the tail to remove some of the bulk, do it a few times to get the amount to be removed right. Hold one side down while brushing the other side not to remove fibers from the coil, then not pull but cut off the excess bulk you have brushed out. All you need in the merlin is just enough to fill the little juice well, any more and its just going to drain into the rest of the atty. Cut the wick a bit long to have a "shoulder" or a waterfall so you can push some back into the coil so the outer wrap isn't exposed on the top of the wrap. Don't confuse leaking with seeping..the merlins seep from the base being pressfit together

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I packed the coils more so this evening. Enough where the wick completely fills the wick holes that go down to the reservoir. No way it can leak. After a day of vaping we will see if it was too much and causes any dry hits. Will report back. I think cotton bacon is going to do better than the Japanese pads. I'll get some soon

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An FYI it was definitely leaking more juice than a slight seep. But strangely in a surge and then gone

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I packed the coils more so this evening. Enough where the wick completely fills the wick holes that go down to the reservoir. No way it can leak. After a day of vaping we will see if it was too much and causes any dry hits. Will report back. I think cotton bacon is going to do better than the Japanese pads. I'll get some soon

Fuck Japanese cotton. Cotton bacon and any brand that had there cotton like cotton bacon is by far superior to Japanese cotton. I have loads of the cotton, I've had so much problems with the Japanese cotton but never when I wick with the bacon bacon.

Imo cotton bacon is by far the best easiest way to wick it's neat and tidy and it soaks up and runs juice to your coils way better.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Hanson

Member For 4 Years
The cotton ends need to plug the juice holes tightly

VU Sponsors