Become a Patron!

mesh into wire mesh?

UsernameUnkown

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Take a length of mesh put it in the chuck of the drill and spin it into a round wire.
Is it something that can be done? Has it been done and is it worth trying?

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take a length of mesh put it in the chuck of the drill and spin it into a round wire.
Is it something that can be done? Has it been done and is it worth trying?
you might want to go ask directly one of the posters who make those extreme coils.. off the top of my head @CrazyChef v2.0 would be a good start.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
wire mesh is galvanized with zinc, and there would be no way to pre-calculate your resistance. God knows what oils and contaminants might be on that mesh as well. Coil wire is cheap, no need to use make-shift wire. Plus all those low resistance strands would require a lot of power and have a slow ramp up.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wire mesh is galvanized with zinc, and there would be no way to pre-calculate your resistance. God knows what oils and contaminants might be on that mesh as well. Coil wire is cheap, no need to use make-shift wire. Plus all those low resistance strands would require a lot of power and have a slow ramp up.
I thought all vape mesh (metals) was/were stainless steel.........I was worried about 'strands' breaking lose and creating some arc problems.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I thought all vape mesh (metals) was/were stainless steel.........I was worried about 'strands' breaking lose and creating some arc problems.
I dont think he was talking about vape mesh. Vape mesh is VERY fine.. like woven 50ga ss. (think coffee filter) and is actually used rather than cotton but not as a coil material.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
actually there is a guy who is doing something of the kind he makes a mesh type wire for genisis builds called Karlson wire. or Karlson cable. he has a facebook page where he sells lengths of the cable called Genisis Symphony

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ripp trippers, I think, did a build vid on a Rolled mesh coil a couple years ago. It can be done if your atty has big enough connections.

VU Sponsors