Become a Patron!

Mesh Pro Quad Coils Leak

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I just put in a quad coil rather than my usual triple coil. It leaks constantly and I can't figure out why. O-rings are good. It's seated properly. I also get liquid when I vape. not a ton, but enough. There's a gurgling sound.

Wonder if it just needs to break-in. Any thoughts?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oring on the actual coil? There's one at the bottom. Everytime I get a new pack the orings seems to come off in the package

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yeah that one looked good, too. I did just now change it so we'll see how that goes.

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Eh...maybe that was it. Hasn't leaked since changing that o-ring. Weird that it looked the same as the new one and was the same size.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I'm not sure how mine always come off in the pack. They're tight when you put them on. Hope that works out for you. I love the mesh pro

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think sometimes new coils have wicking wound tight. I've noticed leaking initially if I filled it to high to begin with. My theory is that the cotton pads they use need to expand a little. Because after the first leak they'd be okay. That goes for a lot of different tanks.

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I think sometimes new coils have wicking wound tight. I've noticed leaking initially if I filled it to high to begin with. My theory is that the cotton pads they use need to expand a little. Because after the first leak they'd be okay. That goes for a lot of different tanks.

Could be. I had another leak with another tank. It wasn't nearly as bad as the first one and went away after a little while. After using Crown IIIs and Valerians for a long time I learned to rough up the cotton before putting it in. Can't do that so much with these so I kind of rub the nipple of the bottle roughly against the cotton as I'm applying it. Seems to work. I also let it sit for about 20 minutes.

Could be that with this second one I didn't rough up the cotton enough.

VU Sponsors