Become a Patron!

Mesh rda's

Cormic

Member For 3 Years
i saw Vandy Vape has a new mesh rda, and Cthulhu just released one. I'm intrigued by these but I can decided if it's worth messing with. Anyone used a mesh rda much? Is it just a way to separate dopes like me from their cash?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got the Ceto, and I like it. I've also got the Taifun BT mesh RTA, and I will br getting the VandyVape Mesh. Not only do I like the vape, I applaud the innovation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i saw Vandy Vape has a new mesh rda, and Cthulhu just released one. I'm intrigued by these but I can decided if it's worth messing with. Anyone used a mesh rda much? Is it just a way to separate dopes like me from their cash?
I'm skeptical as well.....I'll wait for the fad faze to die down before making a decision...

Cormic

Member For 3 Years
I'm still trying to learn what I like / what I want to do. Dripping isn't feasible for me, but I might go sqonker eventually. I still don't have a genesis style tank so my plan is to get at least one, probably two and use those awhile. I can make perfectly usable coils now, even a few fancy ones, but I don't want to just dismiss mesh as something in my line up if it's a good vape. Looks easy enough to setup and wick. But at the same time I refuse to spend more on vaping than I did on smokes so I have to be thoughtful on what I buy.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still trying to learn what I like / what I want to do. Dripping isn't feasible for me, but I might go sqonker eventually. I still don't have a genesis style tank so my plan is to get at least one, probably two and use those awhile. I can make perfectly usable coils now, even a few fancy ones, but I don't want to just dismiss mesh as something in my line up if it's a good vape. Looks easy enough to setup and wick. But at the same time I refuse to spend more on vaping than I did on smokes so I have to be thoughtful on what I buy.
other than porous ceramic...mesh gives the best flavor of any wick,and a unique kind of vape ..personally I find the vape from mesh denser and more flavorfull, I find the vape from cotton and rayon to be wispy and light with muted flavor..but mesh is not for cloud chasing..though you can sub-ohm quite well on mesh it is not for the low sub ohms....most people find mesh fustrating and difficult to build with, and that is one of the reasons you don't see it used much anymore.it has a much larger learning curve than vaping with the limp wicks..but the people who use it and take the time to master building with it do so because of the quality of the vape it gives.These so called mesh RDAs that use mesh as the resitance wire and use cotton as the wicking material will give you no idea at all what vaping on a mesh wick is like, they aren't the same at all.there are quite a few really good gennys that were cloned, so If you want to try a genny , you can pick up a clone cheap, also there are alot of people with gennys they don't use anymore that will sell them pretty cheap....I got a genny that was close to 200.00 brand new for like 60.00..so if you want to try a genny with a mesh wick it can be done pretty cheaply...hell you can build a real mesh wick in and rda actually..like this.

rum9dv.jpg

Cormic

Member For 3 Years
At this point I'm not trying different wicking. I plan to try ceramic and mesh at some point. I also plan to more thoroughly investigate temp control. To date most of my effort and expense has been in diy liquid. I'm pretty well stocked in that department with the exception of the inevitable addition of flavors. Next was getting coil building down to the point that I know what to expect out of a build and can make something that performs well for my tastes. I'm at that point and will continue to increase my skill at it just because I want to. But I like to keep an open mind about things. Because I never know anything, until I know it.

Except broccoli, fuck broccoli!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got the Ceto, and I like it. I've also got the Taifun BT mesh RTA, and I will br getting the VandyVape Mesh. Not only do I like the vape, I applaud the innovation.

The Taifun BT is the best tank I've ever bought, by a wide margin. The Ceto works very well also - although the air intakes are really loud and whistle like possums on a honeymoon. Both are stupidly easy to build and quite effective at making good flavorful clouds. You can also build the Druga RDA to use mesh as coils.

However, all mesh atomizers have two things in common:

1/ They're very inefficient. They all run very hot, require a lot of battery and drink a lot of juice to deliver the same vape as a much more frugal, conventional wire coil atomizer. I can empty a Taifun BT's tank in 15 minutes, and drain two full 18650's in a matter of hours. And when I'm done, I can fry an egg on it.

2/ Unless you have the right kind of SS mesh, forget about temperature control. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell exactly what you get when you order mesh online: usually the grade is correct, but the exact material is unknown. The small patches of mesh that are supplied with the atomizers can usually do TC somewhat well (not very well). But I have dozens of A4 sheets of mesh from various vendors, and none of them perform properly in TC mode. Also, this or that mesh will yield different resistances for strips of the exact same grade mesh, same length and same width.

In short, unlike wire which you can spec very precisely when you purchase it, mesh is a bit of a crapshoot. I expect vape stores to give more precisions about the mesh they sell as these atomizers become more common, but right now it's not very predictable. I believe that's because until recently, SS mesh was sold primarily as wicking material, and the exact electrical properties of the material doesn't really matter for this application.

Cormic

Member For 3 Years
I think I'm going to add the vandy vape one to my list, it's usable for coils also. And I know in the end most of this stuff will sit unused anyway. I'm not trying to find the "perfect" vape, I'm just trying to come up with a system that really works for me. I think my next purchase will be an avocado and / or something similar. I'm hoping with that and what I have now I can nail down the direction I want to head.

VU Sponsors