Become a Patron!

mesh

direwolf_65

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just watch a you tube video and the kaifun was using a mesh for a wick. not sure what type of mesh it was. Does this work well? If so, has anyone tried it with a kayfun? How did it turn out if so?

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Typically when people talk about 'mesh' wick, it's stainless steel mesh. Posting a link to the video will allow us to know for sure if this is the case here.

SS mesh gives very clean flavor and lasts a long time. The problem with it is it conducts electricity and so has to be made non-conductive or it will cause your coil to have shorts. I use SS mesh in Genisis attys and they are great. I have not tried one in a Kayfun, but I imagine that could work just fine.

The problem is it takes a while to learn how to make the SS non-conductive and get it to work well for you. Most people these days use cotton wicks. Rayon has become popular too lately and sometimes silica is also good. I suggest you start out with your Kayfun with cotton or Silica and if you still want to explore SS mesh after that get an inexpensive Genisis atty like the AGA-T to learn on. If you still like SS mesh after that, you'll then be able to use it on pretty much any atty.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it has been done with SS mesh.

I also used to use SS mesh in dripping atties before the whole cotton/hemp/etc thing came about. :)

VU Sponsors