kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
does anyone else have this problem or do i just have super sensitive lips? when i use metal drip tips, it seems they get really hot and burn my little lips. i have a bunch of aspire bdc clearomizers that don't have removable tips, and they are metal. so i may give them away.

Reactions: Ace

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nah.. I vape at .37 ohm and my metal tips never get hot. It depends on the equipment and build.

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If an Aspire BDC is getting that hot something else might be wrong. I'm using an ET-S right now and I don't think I could ever get it hot enough to do that.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If an Aspire BDC is getting that hot something else might be wrong. I'm using an ET-S right now and I don't think I could ever get it hot enough to do that.

maybe it's just me, maybe i have an aversion to metal on my lips. it never feels hot when i touch it with my fingers, so maybe it's some kind of weird reaction between my lip molecules and the metal molecules. or somethin'. insane-smiley-face.gif

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
base metal allergy? some people can't wear cheap jewelry because of what it does to their skin

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
base metal allergy? some people can't wear cheap jewelry because of what it does to their skin

yeah that must be it. that's my story and i'm stickin' to it. now to find someone to take these clearos.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Is it a regular thing or just a one time deal?

I recently had that happen to me with a Kanger T-2 and I have been using them for well over a year. It happened just the once and it was a bit of a shock to say the least!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is it a regular thing or just a one time deal?

I recently had that happen to me with a Kanger T-2 and I have been using them for well over a year. It happened just the once and it was a bit of a shock to say the least!

it's definitely not a one time thing, but not every time either. the solution is just to stop using metal tips. easy peasy :)

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Could be your set up and watts , but some people can taste the metal . It doesnt bother me but sometimes I have to replace the ss tip with an acrylic one.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The one time it happened to me it was a plastic drip tip that got hot and bit me.

But it has never happened again after that one time.

But I still wonder what the heck happened and I am still using that clearo.

VU Sponsors