Become a Patron!

metal tank tips

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I replace my factory metal tips on my tanks, will it cut down on chapped lips? If not, what are the advantages to non metal tips?

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I replace my factory metal tips on my tanks, will it cut down on chapped lips? If not, what are the advantages to non metal tips?

Chapped lips are likely coming from vaping, especially those new to vaping. Or it could just be the cold, dry weather. Make sure you drink a lot of water while vaping.

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Metal drip tips also cause something called "Lip Schmutz" where a layer of funkiness is laid down on the tip and occasionally has to be scraped off. It looks super nasty and unhygienic and can accumulate fairly quickly. Glass, derlin, and plastic tips don't seem to have this problem as much..

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Metal drip tips also cause something called "Lip Schmutz" where a layer of funkiness is laid down on the tip and occasionally has to be scraped off. It looks super nasty and unhygienic and can accumulate fairly quickly. Glass, derlin, and plastic tips don't seem to have this problem as much..
I call it lip shit.
I get it on my metal grooved ones in a timely fashion.
The chuff? I got to clean pocket lint out of it.

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't really recall if my chapped lips are any different, but as others have said, dead skin does build up quickly on the metal drip tips for me. Doesn't happen to my wife though. I switched over to delrin coated metal tips, plastic, and pyrex. Doesn't happen with anything but metal.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I keep my lips moisturized (call it a lady thing, I guess) cuz my bf and I both have metal tips and his is disgusting. Like..omfg I'm about to barf disgusting. Mine is fine. So, keep your lips moisturized, and the problem will go away.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

My glass tips get it too.

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep my lips moisturized (call it a lady thing, I guess) cuz my bf and I both have metal tips and his is disgusting. Like..omfg I'm about to barf disgusting. Mine is fine. So, keep your lips moisturized, and the problem will go away.

lol. I wash them off 3 or 4 times daily in hot water or I would barf.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've almost chipped my teeth multiple times with metal tips. For this reason, I refuse to use metal anymore. I like delrin. I also hate large tips. I like short, but still wide. The smaller the better.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a couple aluminum tips and they build up gunk as well, not just the stainless steel ones. I have an et-s tank with the metal tip I hardly ever use just because of the funk.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've almost chipped my teeth multiple times with metal tips. For this reason, I refuse to use metal anymore. I like delrin. I also hate large tips. I like short, but still wide. The smaller the better.
Yep. Same reason I switched out the metal beads on my tongue ring, lol. That chipped my bottom front and top eye teeth so metal is a tooth ruiner. Still use my metal drip tip, but I got these cool new ones that are soft...and you can chew on em...takes getting used to, but they are fun.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got the bunny and the robot :)

5076c0f1a807523494332fbfeacc0703.jpg

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like to have Lots and lots of different types of Drip tips handy. A tip can change the look of the entire rig and IMO it's one of the most overlooked accessories in the Vape world. Just sayin'.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have one made out of jade....pretty and awesome! I also have quite the drip tip arsenal....you never know how you are going to feel day to day...why not rep with a good tip?

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have one made out of jade....pretty and awesome! I also have quite the drip tip arsenal....you never know how you are going to feel day to day...why not rep with a good tip?
How does the Jade one feel on the lips? I love the way Jade looks. Where did you get it from?

VU Sponsors