Become a Patron!

Midknight's Portal

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where I'm at its considered a heat wave when we get into the 90's but on occasion we can tip 100+ . Certainly nothing like what you get in Texas.
Still, that's nuts. I guess it kind of makes sense though. Allot of humidity up there with the Great Lakes there.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, I didn't expect it to get that warm that far north. That surprises me. So not much respective for you all.

The great lakes keep us pretty cool. I feel like the last 3 years or so it hasn't been that hot. We used to get a lot of 95+ temps. Combine that with the humidity and good luck breathing lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The great lakes keep us pretty cool. I feel like the last 3 years or so it hasn't been that hot. We used to get a lot of 95+ temps. Combine that with the humidity and good luck breathing lol.

That's what made me realize that it actually does make sense. Where I live in Texas, we have 3 lakes within a 30 minute drive. It gets very humid here.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, I didn't expect it to get that warm that far north. That surprises me. So not much respective for you all.

It's not so bad unless the weather is moving up from the gulf. Then the humidity comes into play and it feels miserable. I spend a lot of time outside at night spring through fall and on those hot steamy summer nights I'll sweat bullets without even doing anything. All I have to do is spend five minutes outside and I'm soaked. And I'm rather lean without much body fat.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's what made me realize that it actually does make sense. Where I live in Texas, we have 3 lakes within a 30 minute drive. It gets very humid here.

My GF great up in Arizona so I've heard a lot of stories. Like in the summer time, they rarely ever go outside.

A lot of her family come up to visit and it's so funny hearing them talk about snow, wearing a sweater in 80 degree weather, or being in awe of the grass and trees.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not so bad unless the weather is moving up from the gulf. Then the humidity comes into play and it feels miserable. I spend a lot of time outside at night spring through fall and on those hot steamy summer nights I'll sweat bullets without even doing anything. All I have to do is spend five minutes outside and I'm soaked. And I'm rather lean without much body fat.
I feel you man. I'm 6'2" and 180. I work with fryers and with 100+ summers and dryer, omg

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My GF great up in Arizona so I've heard a lot of stories. Like in the summer time, they rarely ever go outside.

A lot of her family come up to visit and it's so funny hearing them talk about snow, wearing a sweater in 80 degree weather, or being in awe of the grass and trees.

In Arizona they say, what are grass and trees LOL. Ya Arizona heat is crazy, but no humidity either

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Y'all are making me want coffee but I have to be in bed in a few hours.

I live in Michigan and the kids have had 9 snow days in the last 12 days. That's insane and never happened when I was a kid. Drive to work should be another fun one.

I just got done shoveling snow and it's just filling in again. Now enjoying some grape MTL.

Thought about making a for sale thread but I'm too lazy.

509efe859e28bfd0ce160999e9067eba.jpg

I like that mod, looked all over for one and can't find one now....

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a shorty,lol. 5'9" and about a buck fiddy, give it take. It doesn't help that I've always had long hair and a baseball cap glued to my head.
I'm constantly wearing a hat myself. Got accustomed to it from work :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello in here. Taking a break from shoveling/snow blowing here in WI. Tons of snow today. I had to dig out 5ft high snow pile by my driveway where the plows shoved the snow into. That took about 2 hours then the driveway and such. I only went down once. We had ice the past two weeks and all the salt is sold out here. That's my story for today. At least I didn't have to drive in the crap.

I diy for myself and a few family members. I'm not a pro or care to be. Vaping since 2010 and diy'ing since Dec 2010.

I took a couple pics on my walk to Dollar Tree to get cold meds and misc crap, I'll post after the games. It's shitty out there. About a foot+ of snow in the last couple days and more on the way...the plows just leave huge berms where the sidewalks used to be.

Sipping a nice DIY Tecate Chelada, loving the game @ 32 to 45, and Duke ain't winning.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took a couple pics on my walk to Dollar Tree to get cold meds and misc crap, I'll post after the games. It's shitty out there. About a foot+ of snow in the last couple days and more on the way...
Yea it's been crazy up north. I just want you guys to be safe up there.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
been real nice on the high plains. just one heavy snow n a couple light ones.
i got some ground spaded today.
tomorrow, i'll plant spinach.
a little snow won't hurt spinach.
summers are nasty but the rest of the year is nice.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha ha, Yeah the joys of getting old. The hair loss really hurts because I've always had long hair but now it's gotten to the point I may as well buzz it all off before I end up looking like Bozo.

I buzzed mine off when I started balding in my late 20's. I'm not only a couple years shy of 50 and rarely miss having hair. Hair maintenance is so much easier now.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I buzzed mine off when I started balding in my late 20's. I'm not only a couple years shy of 50 and rarely miss having hair. Hair maintenance is so much easier now.
Ya, I started getting military cuts because it is easier to maintain and the heat at work myself.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I moved when I got married and college for a while. Now moved back to Wichita. Not exciting, but been around Texas a bit.

I'd like to move (older I get the more the heat bothers me) but my wife doesn't want to and in my line of work I have to be near a large city and it would suck to have to start over loosing my 20+ years of seniority.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to move (older I get the more the heat bothers me) but my wife doesn't want to and in my line of work I have to be near a large city and it would suck to have to start over loosing my 20+ years of seniority.
I fully understand. I'm in kinda the scheme boat myself, but the heat isn't the issue. For me it's that we have an eight year old and her retired mom. I'm not sure she could handle the tip.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's those pics of the walk...I carried 4 grocery bags home in that mess.

Yeah, property owners are required by law to shovel sidewalks, GLWT..

IMG_20190212_152444230.jpg

Note that there is basically no sidewalk now next to 6 lanes of 45mph traffic. It's like walking on ball bearings in that slushy snow.

IMG_20190212_153425017.jpg

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
F**K! Speaking of getting older I just found two hairs growing from the ears. It's all down hill from here.
That's ok, when I grow a beard I'm starting to getgray in it already

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First off let just say that I'm sorry. Everytime the chicagoland area just misses the bulk of a winter storm that hammers Wisconsin I say " better them than us, they can have it". :p

Seriously though. I feel for you because I know Wisconsin has been hit all winter long with snow and below zero temps. It's been brutal here in the upper central US.
:) Yes, its a rough winter here. Of course, I lived in Chicago land my first 23 years. I remember the blizzard of 77. We didn't have a snowblower growing up. We did have the toro joke of a snow thing.
Here's those pics of the walk...I carried 4 grocery bags home in that mess.

Yeah, property owners are required by law to shovel sidewalks, GLWT..

View attachment 131389

Note that there is basically no sidewalk now next to 6 lanes of 45mph traffic. It's like walking on ball bearings in that slushy snow.

View attachment 131390
Yikes! I should have taken some photos today. It looks like the same mess we have in WI. I do think we have a touch more snow.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:) Yes, its a rough winter here. Of course, I lived in Chicago land my first 23 years. I remember the blizzard of 77. We didn't have a snowblower growing up. We did have the toro joke of a snow thing.

Yikes! I should have taken some photos today. It looks like the same mess we have in WI. I do think we have a touch more snow.

Don't worry, they'll be making more very soon here. ;-)

I had to go get more cold meds as I'm nearly over it now, and best to do it before it gets cold again...

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes you should. Hell, I'm the only male on both sides of my family who doesn't have full head of hair. I'm also the shortest and fattest. I think I got every recessive gene.
oh wow. I guess the deck was stacked against me because both my grandfather's were bald and same with my father. It's just been very hard for to accept because I've been a metal-head since the mid -80's so I've had long hair for a long time.

Ok, I'm done whining now. Carry on! :D

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't worry, they'll be making more very soon here. ;-)

I had to get more cold meds as I'm nearly over it, and best to do it before it gets cold again...
Yes, indeed. More snow overnight and possible rain which will freeze overnight on Thur night!
I hate colds. I rarely get them and I'm affected differently than other folks. I have a autoimmune disease and my system will attack within. I do get sick but it's hard to explain the "feeling".

VU Sponsors