Become a Patron!

Midknight's Portal

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm in Orlando, it's 64 degrees and I'm freezing......when I get off my plane it will be 54, when I get up in the morning it will be 34.....WTF am I doing.....

Awwww...teehee. It's 63F here today in the Inland Northwest.
wavesmile.gif

Welcome to the rest of the country!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here, this'll warm ya up mate...

IMG_0231.JPG

Liked this sauce enough I went and bought more in case they discontinue it at my MX store. For only $3 a bottle, can't lose. :)

Apologies to Texas, but this stuff beats El Pato Jalapeno all to hell as a green chile table sauce.
evilgrin.gif

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, that looks amazing bro, what cheese is that?
Here, this'll warm ya up mate...

View attachment 134054

Liked this sauce enough I went and bought more in case they discontinue it at my MX store. For only $3 a bottle, can't lose. :)

Apologies to Texas, but this stuff beats El Pato Jalapeno all to hell as a green chile table sauce.
evilgrin.gif
Yum. I'm thinking that I'm heading to the MX store on my next payday, might hit up one of the Asian stores here too. Never know what gems I might find :)

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, that looks amazing bro, what cheese is that?Yum. I'm thinking that I'm heading to the MX store on my next payday, might hit up one of the Asian stores here too. Never know what gems I might find :)

It's just some cheap Jalapeno American slices from the Dollar Tree. I have better cheeses, but it seemed to fit.

Ya, if I didn't have this MX store nearby, I wouldn't have moved here. :D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of that, took a walk on this fine Spring day to go snag a few things.
flower3.gif

Must be Springtime, they got a fresh crop of glorious orange habs in at the MX store. Didn't buy any though, I got loads in the freezer still.

IMG_20190320_155812922.jpg

I did buy some herb teas and dry parsley though. Wanted to get some Agave syrup, but they were OOS.
Also picked another flavor of that new hot sauce: Garlic Habanero.

IMG_0233.JPG

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone in here use salt nic and diy? Around xmas I was going to buy some but life happened. I really need something to vape that will hit the brain (neurotransmitters) at work in a 5 minute break. I'm a nurse and I'm finding this job overwhelming. I need to get a nic dose in 5 minutes or less or I'm might have a melt down. I'm currently vaping 2-5mg/mL but it seems like I vape constantly. Its like overeating. I need to reduce! :) Any ideas? Do you think I should buy premade? I'm also a MTL'er.
I wanted to try some (MTL) so I bought some pre made to see if I had any reaction to the acid as some do, I did not. 25mg was the lowest I could find and it was too much nic for me. So I bought some 250mg from LNW for DIY. I vape 12-14 total but I mix freebase with salt to get the right amount of throat hit. Usually 8 free and 4-6 salt. It does seem to hit you a little quicker but not much when it's a small amount. Maybe it does in higher mg but 25 would hit me and make me sick, but I'm not using a pod either. So in the end I probably won't buy anymore.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of that, took a walk on this fine Spring day to go snag a few things.
flower3.gif

Must be Springtime, they got a fresh crop of glorious orange habs in at the MX store. Didn't buy any though, I got loads in the freezer still.

View attachment 134123

I did buy some herb teas and dry parsley though. Wanted to get some Agave syrup, but they were OOS.
Also picked another flavor of that new hot sauce: Garlic Habanero.

View attachment 134122
Peppers, peppers, peppers :cloud::cloud::cloud:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, all this food talk is making me hungry and I'm stuck at work with the vent a hood cleaners. Going to get something spicy when I get home. Need to clear my congestion haha.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Going to get something spicy when I get home. Need to clear my congestion haha.

Well, you are well-supplied for that, eh?
That really does work too, will clear out ya sinuses in a hurry. ;)

Me, I'm awake for some dang reason..possibly kitteh related..lol
Couldn't get back to sleep so said f-it and made some of my Chamomile tea w/ honey. Nice and relaxing while catching up on an episode or two of The Flash.

TSh7931.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

So who's going to win the NCAA this year? We're over here in b-ball country, but I haven't watched a single game so far this year. Have very nearly given up TV altogether.

UNC and Duke are 1.5 hours from me, NC State about 2 hours, UVa and Va Tech 1.5 hours in the other direction. I grew up with ACC basketball. And still say our tournament is supposed to be in Greensboro, dammit! Some things just will never be right, like ACC tournaments in Atlanta.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, you are well-supplied for that, eh?
That really does work too, will clear out ya sinuses in a hurry. ;)

Me, I'm awake for some dang reason..possibly kitteh related..lol
Couldn't get back to sleep so said f-it and made some of my Chamomile tea w/ honey. Nice and relaxing while catching up on an episode or two of The Flash.

TSh7931.jpg
Ya, had some chicken & dumplings with some evil powder in it last night. Cleared me up good. I needed that haha. Didn't get home till almost 2 a.m. from work. Was a really long night. Go in an hour later now though too. They don't wanna have to pay me overtime :)

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So who's going to win the NCAA this year? We're over here in b-ball country, but I haven't watched a single game so far this year. Have very nearly given up TV altogether.

UNC and Duke are 1.5 hours from me, NC State about 2 hours, UVa and Va Tech 1.5 hours in the other direction. I grew up with ACC basketball. And still say our tournament is supposed to be in Greensboro, dammit! Some things just will never be right, like ACC tournaments in Atlanta.
I've tried, but never could get into basketball. Not a fan of football or baseball either, not enough blood or violence. Now mma, boxing, kick boxing, hockey, maybe some rugby ( although I don't know any players names in hockey or rugby), I can dig that when I catch it channel surfing. Not sure when seasons start though. My family were sports fanatics growing up. I tried to get interested in it growing up, and they still are sports fanatics, but I never could get into it myself.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wanted to try some (MTL) so I bought some pre made to see if I had any reaction to the acid as some do, I did not. 25mg was the lowest I could find and it was too much nic for me. So I bought some 250mg from LNW for DIY. I vape 12-14 total but I mix freebase with salt to get the right amount of throat hit. Usually 8 free and 4-6 salt. It does seem to hit you a little quicker but not much when it's a small amount. Maybe it does in higher mg but 25 would hit me and make me sick, but I'm not using a pod either. So in the end I probably won't buy anymore.
Thanks! I smoked a cigarette last month after many years of non use. It didn't trigger me back to cigs. My job is very stressful at times. I might just experiment a buy a premade liquid. When I started vaping back in 2010 I vaped 24-36mg/mL and sometimes 42 and people thought I was nuts.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've tried, but never could get into basketball. Not a fan of football or baseball either, not enough blood or violence. Now mma, boxing, kick boxing

Kind of in the same boat. I include WWE "wasslin'" though. Know a huge portion of it is scripted and well choreographed. You can spot moments though where someone forgets to pull a move, punch, kick and the "bump" ends up being rougher than intended. I'm about fed up with some of it though. One of the New Day members has been busting his hump 11 years and never gotten a championship title match. Vince the big boss told him he could have one if he beat five guys in a row, Vince picked them. So, this fella beat the five guys. Vince comes out and says it's not a title shot but he "also" has to beat the current champion. The fella was nearly out cold when the champ made it into the ring. There was no way he could rally after an hour or so in the ring fighting guys one after another, he was spent.

I think all is fair in a fight but when the cards are set up fully against you, you get up and walk away. But this guy couldn't do that. He's contractualy bound up. Sure he might go wrestle for the independent circuit, at near half the pay or less, or go into something completely different. Then he'd need to ask himself why he wasted the time for WWE. So yeah, a bit frustrated at that. WWE rakes in billions now and Vince is worth billions. Not like there's a reason to not let someone have a championship belt. Hell, just a percent of concessions would cover a championship purse. Not like WWE would go under. Assholes being assholes to be assholes.

I'd laugh if WWE started losing its "talent" & fans over Kofi Kingston not getting a championship match. Wouldn't be that WWE didn't deserve it. They are continually screwing wrestlers. What happens when they loose pay per view customers? What happens when arenas capable of holding 100,000 only sell out to maybe 5,000? "Why do the fans hate us?" Gee golly, I wonder.

Oh well, need to go put stuff in our storage room outside, figure out that puzzle. *chuckles*

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've tried, but never could get into basketball. Not a fan of football or baseball either, not enough blood or violence. Now mma, boxing, kick boxing, hockey, maybe some rugby ( although I don't know any players names in hockey or rugby), I can dig that when I catch it channel surfing. Not sure when seasons start though. My family were sports fanatics growing up. I tried to get interested in it growing up, and they still are sports fanatics, but I never could get into it myself.

I like hockey sometimes. Hasn't been all that long that the Carolina Hurricanes were a big deal for a while, that was the first time any of us had a hockey time to get excited about locally. We got all wrapped up in watching the Stanley Cup for a few years.

I love to watch some of the winter-time extreme sports, like snowboarding. Also like skateboarding and BMX bikes - but all of that's left over from when my son was younger and loved to watch all that stuff.

Always loved watching Muhammed Ali box...but it was a personality thing at the time. Nobody had ever seen anything like him before, and folks either loved him or just plain couldn't stand him. Never got into it much after he wasn't fighting any more. Feel terrible at how his health left him later on.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Well, I have to hope it's Gonzaga's year this time...best team they've had in a loong time. :D

First game in the tourney for them today:
Snap848.jpg
:

E6TTEy7.jpg
rJs2aw6m.jpg

More top-10 teams playing in this opening round than ever before. You can expect insanity and lots of crying...muhahahaa! Lot of fun games..already an upset in the 1st round today: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/scoreboard/

Snap846.jpg

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watching my Zags dismantle F. Dickinson. Need snax.

This will work:

IMG_0236.JPG

EDIT:
Christ, this new hot sauce is like they just crushed up fresh green habs and raw garlic and said, 'OK, we're good here'.
6e6340e7815fe5b963c663dc7c1dde1e--community-building-chili.jpg

Such delish. I think Midknight and Bob need some! :D

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watching my Zags dismantle F. Dickinson. Need snax.

This will work:

View attachment 134182

EDIT:
Christ, this new hot sauce is like they just crushed up fresh green habs and raw garlic and said, 'OK, we're good here'.
6e6340e7815fe5b963c663dc7c1dde1e--community-building-chili.jpg

Such delish. I think Midknight and Bob need some! :D
I'm definitely game haha. I'm hoping to hit the MX store on payday. I'm too broke right now to do more than wish what I want LOL.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Roasted some Brussels sprouts and little Dutch Yellow potatoes with red onion, some 'shrooms, bacon and a few leftover zucchini slices.

Tossed it all in EVOO, dash of Balasmic dressing, a melted pat of butter, Johnny's seasoning salt, MX Basil, and misc herbs.

Since I had the oven going, cooked up a chicken Andouille sausage too for the heck of it.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Roasted some Brussels sprouts and little Dutch Yellow potatoes with red onion, some 'shrooms, bacon and a few leftover zucchini slices.

Tossed it all in EVOO, dash of Balasmic dressing, a melted pat of butter, Johnny's seasoning salt, MX Basil, and misc herbs.

Since I had the oven going, cooked up a chicken Andouille sausage too for the heck of it.

Looks good Caff! I grilled chicken and pork sausages (italian sweet and polish) on the gas grill. I should have enough for the weekend..maybe. I usually just eat meat and a small amount of lettuce or low carb veggie. Tonight is is cabbage.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks good Caff! I grilled chicken and pork sausages (italian sweet and polish) on the gas grill. I should have enough for the weekend..maybe. I usually just eat meat and a small amount of lettuce or low carb veggie. Tonight is is cabbage.

Ah, nice. I also have a head of cabbage in the fridge...never got around to making the Colcannon for St Paddy's. :rolleyes:
Kinda a meh day, didn't sleep much. Tiki and I kept waking each other up all night. :grumpy:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cousin had a free pizza from Dominos, so we split it for our lunch break food. Not sure about dinner tonight till I get home though.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Ah, the 'ol egg roll in a bowl. :D
Looks tasty.

I sliced some of that Cajun sausage up on the leftover veggie pizza, very nomz.
Why I left half of it sans meat: so I can add whatever is available or sounds good later on. :)

On the plus side, it's near 60F today.
Snap857.jpg

Got BR window cracked, is veddy nice. Cat and I are still pretty creaky today, but eh..we're getting old. Her faster than me though..hehe.

Watching the Duke game ATM, NDSU is putting up a good battle.

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got wife to watch Orville. She started on s1 e1. Says wow, this is a good show. Well duh, I've only been telling her since it began haha.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A nice bowl of soup of leftover chicken noodle, the roasted veggies from yesterday, and a touch of MX sour cream.

IMG_5241.jpg

With some toasted mini-bagel with garlic/onion butter for dipping. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Smokies substituted for hot dogs, mac-n-cheese, baked (or forkin') beans for supper with horseradish chips for me tonight. Wife hates that I'll eat near anything. Says it makes it hard to pick out what to fix, especially since I'm nonchalant about any favorites. I like meatloaf, Shepard's pie, most any soup, salads, will eat SPAM or its equivalent. I'm not terribly picky about food, least not in that sense. I can think to myself a bowl of oatmeal in the morning tastes like a three course gourmet breakfast and be fine. I'm Southern so I eat grits, okra and got reminded slaw on everything is FL's past time dish. I've eaten lots of different game, venison. She on the other hand, well she's on the other hand. :)

Well, gtg. Not sure what we'll look at on tell lie vision, something I'm sure.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@MyMagicMist hubs will eat anything I cook. I supplement his diet since I do low carb/keto type diet. I know he cannot follow it or lacks the will power. However, he will eat what I make for supper. He still has carbs but cleaner carbs most of the time.

@CaFF Your food pic's are a delight to see. I know I can't eat it but I can drool.

I'm going to watch Doom Patrol tonight episode 5. It's a bit different.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@MyMagicMist hubs will eat anything I cook. I supplement his diet since I do low carb/keto type diet. I know he cannot follow it or lacks the will power. However, he will eat what I make for supper. He still has carbs but cleaner carbs most of the time.

@CaFF Your food pic's are a delight to see. I know I can't eat it but I can drool.

I'm going to watch Doom Patrol tonight episode 5. It's a bit different.

Thanks! :)
I don't have anyone to share food with around here, so at least with photos someone else might get to enjoy the stuff too. If only visually.

I like the new Doom Patrol, it's pretty crazy, funny and has a lot of heart too. Not bad.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah, Monday. :coffee2:

Woke up, fed and pilled the cat with some shredded chicken, did a few dishes, cleaned litter box..bleh..

Not doing much today, but made a little brunch:

IMG_5254.jpg

Sauteed some chopped deli turkey, zucchini, onion, garlic, and poblano pepper, added beaten egg. Flipped when cooked, added sharp cheddar and covered to meltify with the heat off. Put over buttered Oatnut toast. Simple stuff, but tasty. :).

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A thing that makes me happy: true multi-process applications.

This is Waterfox 56.2.8 x64 using multiple processes for Flash video, multiple tabs and such.

processes_ftw.jpg

Why have a Hexacore CPU if your software don't bloody use it? :D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A quick hello in here. Making a low carb cabbage, bacon and hot sausage dish for tonight. I needed fresh ginger so I had to sub out for the powder. I'm on a diy banana candy kick (eliquid).

That sounds nomz, and I have all those things too. I'd have to add potaoes and onions though. ;)

Ya know what I do? I keep around a tube of ginger paste as well as powdered. Works great and doesn't go bad like the roots do. :)

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That sounds nomz, and I have all those things too. I'd have to add potatoes and onions though. ;)

Ya know what I do? I keep around a tube of ginger paste as well as powdered. Works great and doesn't go bad like the roots do. :)
I was thinking about the paste. I buy the fresh and it doesn't last long. I should attempt to grow it. I plant a large garden anyways.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks! I smoked a cigarette last month after many years of non use. It didn't trigger me back to cigs. My job is very stressful at times. I might just experiment a buy a premade liquid. When I started vaping back in 2010 I vaped 24-36mg/mL and sometimes 42 and people thought I was nuts.

I've done that a few times. just reminds me how nasty cigarettes are. No trigger. I like vaping a lot better than smoking.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried a cig about a week ago and it already just tasted terrible to me. It astounded me in how short a time it took to do that to me, but I'm really happy it did.

VU Sponsors