Become a Patron!

Midknight's Portal

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:) Yes, its a rough winter here. Of course, I lived in Chicago land my first 23 years. I remember the blizzard of 77. We didn't have a snowblower growing up. We did have the toro joke of a snow thing.

Yikes! I should have taken some photos today. It looks like the same mess we have in WI. I do think we have a touch more snow.
I remember that blizzard! Somewhere my parents have pics of me out in it the next day all bundled up and the snow was above my head. Small world, eh?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, indeed. More snow overnight and possible rain which will freeze overnight on Thur night!
I hate colds. I rarely get them and I'm affected differently than other folks. I have a autoimmune disease and my system will attack within. I do get sick but it's hard to explain the "feeling".

Oh yeah, I remember you fighting that from before. :(

I rarely get sick either, so it's a PITA.
I had dinner over at a buddy's house a few days ago...with his wife and 4 kids. Then went out with them and played some pool on a busy night. Argh.
Doomed...I had a sore throat the next day. Then the whole sinus drip, phlegmy cough, etc. I took the OTC meds and did the whole NUKE IT routine of herbal teas, ginger/garlic/chiles, extra vitamins, etc.

So, I'm about over it now.

Fortunately, now that I'm a vaper, it doesn't go into full blood-coughing Bronchitis anymore when I do get a cold...whew.

Last edited:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh yeah, I remember you fighting that from before. :(

I rarely get sick either, so it's a PITA.
I had dinner over at a buddy's house a few days ago...with his wife and 4 kids. Then went out with them and played some pool on a busy night. Argh.
Doomed...I had a sore throat the next day. Then the whole sinus drip, phlegmy cough, etc. I took the OTC meds and did the whole NUKE IT routine of herbal teas, ginger/garlic/chiles, extra vitamins, etc.

So, I'm about over it now.

Fortunately, now that I'm a vaper, it doesn't go into full blood-coughing Bronchitis anymore when I do get a cold...whew.
I work in healthcare so I'm really paranoid with the germs.
Get better!

I'm out for the night. Later

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I work in healthcare so I'm really paranoid with the germs.
Get better!

I'm out for the night. Later

Thx!

I hear ya, I don't fear them though...they should fear ME.
satanic-0052.gif

Have a good night!!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Another inch of snow in the tundra. 35 degrees in Texas? Finishing last cup of coffee before heading out. I need to make some diy eliquid but feel lazy.

G'morning!

Yeah, slow day today methinks. I also need to make like 120ml of my RY4 juice, probably another couple flavors too. Hmm....

Not much going on today, except on this date in 2012, I got my Tiki kitteh as a stray rescue.
cat-on32.gif

It was like -10F that night and about the same snowfall as now.

The cold, ear-mite infested, dirty, hungry, and tired kitty when she first got to my old Apt.:

Still curious of everything, even then.

She just curled up on my pillows and lever left. =)

It was a Friday the 13th, go figure. :D

Last edited:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
G'morning!

Yeah, slow day today methinks. I also need to make like 120ml of my RY4 juice, probably another couple flavors too. Hmm....

Not much going on today, except on this date in 2012, I got my Tiki kitteh as a stray rescue.
cat-on32.gif

It was like -10F that night and about the same snowfall as now.

The cold, ear-mite infested, dirty, hungry, and tired kitty when she first got to my old Apt.:

Still curious of everything, even then.

She just curled up on my pillows and lever left. =)

It was a Friday the 13th, go figure. :D
I love cats! We have one rescue (a stray kitten) and two cats that were formerly barn kittens. I had the kittens since 6.5 weeks old. Mom already weaned them. They have a bit of the "wild" gene in them.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's even a ducky day here in the swamp, rainy, windy, cool. Glad I'm not out working in it. Just had a nap.....

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Snow? We haven't had any snow this year. Had I've, but no snow. Sad, but time to finish getting ready for work. I'll see y'all tonight. Only one day off a week so ya. Have fun y'all.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love cats! We have one rescue (a stray kitten) and two cats that were formerly barn kittens. I had the kittens since 6.5 weeks old. Mom already weaned them. They have a bit of the "wild" gene in them.

Yeah, back as a kid we had 'woodpile litters', IDK why but the ferals loved that woodpile. (it was about 10' high, Dad and had I pulled down a commended house and took most of it home for firewood)

Had two litters we had to basically dig out of the pile...heh

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya, this is the e-mail I get...lol...:crazy:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-13-15-31-28.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-13-15-31-28.png
    255.7 KB · Views: 10

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hope everyone is well.
I dunno, feel like maybe I'm getting sick....every virus in the world travels here, never dies, just goes to the swamp to mutate and come back around.

p.jpg
I did negotiate the Ebay seller from 50 to 35 on a new aleader for my bsrkr rta. I'm trying to be cool like Mykreign. Not as good as the 30 he paid but it's ok.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno, feel like maybe I'm getting sick....every virus in the world travels here, never dies, just goes to the swamp to mutate and come back around.

View attachment 131465
I did negotiate the Ebay seller from 50 to 35 on a new aleader for my bsrkr rta. I'm trying to be cool like Mykreign. Not as good as the 30 he paid but it's ok.
Well that's no good.

VU Sponsors