Become a Patron!

Midknight's Portal

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So what's everyone up to tonight?

I'm inside staying warm with cold Modelo's and listening to some Greta Van Fleet. Please don't hate me. :D

Not hating...doing much the same. Watching BBall and sipping wine.
I got a 1.5L of Pinot Noir, I'm good. :D

Made a few glasses worth of DIY 'mulled' wine with Mexican cinnamon sticks and some mesquite honey...yummers AND therapeutic..

Last edited:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not hating...doing much the same. Watching BBall and sipping wine.
I got a 1.5L of Pinot Noir, I'm good. :D

Made a few glasses worth of DIY 'mulled' wine with cinnamon and some mesquite honey...yummers AND therapeutic..
Very nice! :cheers:

I threw the don't hate me out there because that band is either very much loved or very much hated. I'm in the love it side of things. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very nice! :cheers:

I threw the don't hate me out there because that band is either very much loved or very much hated. I'm in the love it side of things. :)

Hell, I like and own an original CD of Whitesnake.

People forget how deep his rock roots are:

The self-titled album and success in the US (1985–1988)
Starting in 1985, Coverdale and Sykes began writing the material for a follow-up studio album.[14] The approach was more modern, adding a slick Eighties studio polish to a band that up until Slide It In (1984) had a bluesier sound rooted in the Seventies. Sykes would play the rhythm and lead guitars for almost the entire album. Cozy Powell had left to join Emerson, Lake & Powell. Two musicians from the north of England were brought in for the recording of the album: drummer Aynsley Dunbar, and keyboardist Don Airey from the Ozzy Osbourne band and Rainbow. The album was put on hold for much of 1986, when Coverdale contracted a serious sinus infection that put his singing career in jeopardy. He eventually recovered, and the Whitesnake album was finished in 1987. But shortly before the album's release, Coverdale had dismissed Sykes. Adrian Vandenberg and Vivian Campbell mimed Sykes' guitar parts in the videos and played in subsequent live shows.

The album was entitled 1987 in Europe and Serpens Albus in Japan and marked the band's biggest mainstream success in the US. With the guidance of A&R guru John Kalodner, it has sold 8x platinum in the US

Two words: Tawny Kitaen

Yeah, I had a ginger g/f in 87...

/sorry if I'm posting too much..my bad...I tend to have stream of consciousness postings..lol

Last edited:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's not my fave, but a buddy of 20+ yrs loves 'em, so I'm used to it. :D
Yeah I get where people get annoyed because it's obvious what band heavily influenced them but imho they are a breath of fresh air for the rock scene. The kids are insanely talented and only 21?!?! I've watched a few live shows and they play real right together and sound just like their studio recordings. For me, that's a sign of a good one.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hell, I like and own an original CD of Whitesnake.

People forget how deep his rock roots are:

Two words: Tawny Kitaen

/sorry if I'm posting too much..my bad...I tend to have stream of consciousness postings..lol
You like your glam rock don't ya? :D

Oof, Tawny Kitaen! I swear every time Is this love played on MTV I sported a teenage chubby. I loves red heads! He he, no wonder I married one. :bingo:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You like your glam rock don't ya? :D

Some? I like lots of things from various eras and genres..hehe.

Oof, Tawny Kitaen! I swear every time Is this love played on MTV I sported a teenage chubby. I loves red heads! He he, no wonder I married one. :bingo:
No kidding, jeez...she was unfair in every delicious way.

I'm jeeealous. Good man. ;-)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Munching these:

hawaiian-kettle-style-potato-chips-mango-habanero.jpg

https://chipreview.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/chip-review-of-the-day-166/

Mmmmmm.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some? I like lots of things from various eras and genres..hehe.

I'm jeeealous. Good man. ;-)
same here. I pretty much cover everything related to rock from metal to grunge to alternative and so on. Sadly many of my favorites are already dead.

good man, nah. Lucky, yes very much so. :giggle:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shhh, quiet. The thread started is reading the thread making sure we haven't ruined it while he was at work. Shhhh.:mooncat:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got home from work and just finished reading the thread. This was entertaining LOL. Although I do hope that Caff and Bobget to feeling better. Take care of yourselves seriously.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Random question here. Anyone know of sites that give some insight as to new gear coming out? I searched Google but didn't come up with anything I didn't know about already.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vape Fan posted a video of the Zeus X rta that's coming out soon so that sparked my curiosity as to what else can we look forward to in the near future.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll check it out then. I'm working on raising my vapocalipse stash slowly but surely. Already warned my wife about it. I always hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

That's funny. You're looking to get more and I want to get rid of some. :giggle:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's funny. You're looking to get more and I want to get rid of some. :giggle:
Ya, I'm looking to up my stash. Some things I get, I may not use yet, but store away for if the day comes we can't order new gear and such for a while. I just don't want to be left in a bad way if that time comes. I'm not trying to go nuts, but wasn't some backup just in case.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya, I'm looking to up my stash. Some things I get, I may not use yet, but store away for if the day comes we can't order new gear and such for a while. I just don't want to be left in a bad way if that time comes. I'm not trying to go nuts, but wasn't some backup just in case.

That's what I've been doing for about a year and a half now. I've even got some backups for my favorite mods and attys. Now I'm going to make a list, take some pics and post the stuff I no longer use for sale. I needs me some beer money, LMAO.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I've been doing for about a year and a half now. I've even got some backups for my favorite mods and attys. Now I'm going to make a list, take some pics and post the stuff I no longer use for sale. I needs me some beer money, LMAO.
I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm hurting for dough myself. I'm still getting nic and syringes thispayday though. Next payday I'm getting a scale. I still have some concentrates (although not allot, but still enough that I can still make some juice for now). When my income tax comes in, I'm getting allot more flavors and then I'll slowly get more just a few at a time after that. Then it's on. Money is right for us, which it is a MUST that I getto where I can mix my own juice. After that I'm going to get wire and then I should be golden for a while vape wise :)

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm hurting for dough myself. I'm still getting nic and syringes thispayday though. Next payday I'm getting a scale. I still have some concentrates (although not allot, but still enough that I can still make some juice for now). When my income tax comes in, I'm getting allot more flavors and then I'll slowly get more just a few at a time after that. Then it's on. Money is right for us, which it is a MUST that I getto where I can mix my own juice. After that I'm going to get wire and then I should be golden for a while vape wise :)

You got a good plan. It takes time to build it all up when on a tight budget but worth it in the long run.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You got a good plan. It takes time to build it all up when on a tight budget but worth it in the long run.
Indeed, it's a tough road, but well worth it. Lots still to do, but a little at a time. I do think that week still be able to get vg, pg and flavors though. That will be most important in the end, so just really have to get gear up. Wire and cotton shouldn't be a problem either.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dunno, feel like maybe I'm getting sick....every virus in the world travels here, never dies, just goes to the swamp to mutate and come back around.

View attachment 131465
I did negotiate the Ebay seller from 50 to 35 on a new aleader for my bsrkr rta. I'm trying to be cool like Mykreign. Not as good as the 30 he paid but it's ok.
Nice! I'm surprised he went that low. Maybe I'll buy some shorts and a Hawaiian shirt

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:cheers:

Yep. Spring through fall It's not uncommon for me to be hanging out in the garden til 4am when the birds start chirping away.
That sounds nice. I don't have anything like that here. I just sit on the porch when the weather is nice. Nice and quiet

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That sounds nice. I don't have anything like that here. I just sit on the porch when the weather is nice. Nice and quiet

nothing wrong with the porch dude. Great place to chill.

wifey and I always joke about how great it is being up all night because the humans are in bed and thus more peaceful and quiet.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, can't hang with the night owls anymore. I'm up with the sun no matter what time I go to sleep. I wish I could sleep more....
I'm the same way. Body only let's me get 6 hours of sleep max. But no matter what time I goto bed I'm up at 6am

VU Sponsors