Become a Patron!

Midknight's Portal

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes it can, but she still gets a touch miffed when I start going gaga over spending tax refund.
Oh man don't I know it! Wifey can tell when I'm about to spend money because I cannot hide my excitement. Once my eyes lock into something I want I can't hide it and she picks up on it right away. I have NO poker face when my eyes become fixated on new gear. I'm worse than a 16 year boy that cannot hold his load. :teehee:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I need to get into mixing but I'm still buying hardware. I'm a gear junkie.

I'm getting Unicorn-Axial-24 RDA Gold, Unicorn Vapes-MDX-Knurled Mod gold, Immortal Modz -Elite-V3-SS, Trinity-US1v2 RDA- Purple, RNV-Chronicle-Black, Purge-Slim-Piece, QP Design- "Kali V2" 25mm RDA/RSA Master Kit, and Purge Truck clone in black.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh man don't I know it! Wifey can tell when I'm about to spend money because I cannot hide my excitement. Once my eyes lock into something I want I can't hide it and she picks up on it right away. I have NO poker face when my eyes become fixated on new gear. I'm worse than a 16 year boy that can hold his load. :teehee:

Oh no shit. Same way. Wife can tell because I don't leave the computer except to use the can and go to work and I have 20 tabs open.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha! I rest myself out because I tell my wife what I'm buying LOL. I figure, why not? She'll know for sure when it shows up at the house LOL

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOOK AT MAH WEINER!! ;-)

Well, it's actually a Bar-S bun-length Polish sausage from the Dollar
Tree, nice and smokey. =)

Nuked the sausage in the micro until cooked, then split in half.

Spread an end-piece of a loaf of Orowheat Oatnut bread with a
mayo/mustard mix, then added chopped onions, El Pato hot pickled
peppers (like Peperoncino but far hotter), and Bavarian sauerkraut.

Added pepper-jack cheese to the sausage and toasted the whole thing in
my lovely "new" convection toaster oven, that I got for $20, until melty occurred.

Super awesome "fast food" at home on the cheep....winning! :cool:

IMG_5005.jpg

IMG_5007.jpg

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOOK AT MAH WEINER!! ;-)

Well, it's actually a Bar-S bun-length Polish sausage from the Dollar
Tree, nice and smokey. =)

Nuked the sausage in the micro until cooked, then split in half.

Spread an end-piece of a loaf of Orowheat Oatnut bread with a
mayo/mustard mix, then added chopped onions, Mexican hot pickled
peppers (like pepperoni but far hotter), and Bavarian sauerkraut.

Added pepper-jack cheese to the sausage and toasted the whole thing in
my lovely new oven until melty occurred.

Super awesome "fast food" at home....winning! :cool:

View attachment 131559

View attachment 131558
That sounds freaking amazing! Wicked good

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thx, I like improvising fun foods.
The bread ends make nice 'buns' and I get to use use nice breads instead of the usual white bread buns. :)
Man, when I would get the munchies back in the day, I came up with some insane recipes. You'd be surprised what you'll come up with at those times.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man, when I would get the munchies back in the day, I came up with some insane recipes. You'd be surprised what you'll come up with at those times.

Nah, I recall those days...lol...
I quit that stuff a long time ago, but, yahhh.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah, I recall those days...lol...
I came up with a sandwich once using potato bread with 4 meats, 4 cheeses, lettuce, tomato, pickle, onions. All meats and cheese on each slice of bread with veggies in the middle along with bacon and ranch. Mayonnaise on each slice of bread. All meats and cheeses were hand picked and cuts at deli. It was INSANE! So want to do it again LOL

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Enjoy taking inexpensive stuff and creating something better with it. Healthier too, usually.
I had Depression-era parents who taught me to make the most of what ya got. :)

Just takes a little skill and some imagination, eh?

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Enjoy taking inexpensive stuff and creating something better with it. Healthier too, usually.
I had Depression-era parents who taught me to make the most of what ya got. :)

Just takes a little skill and some imagination, eh?.
Indeed, that sandwich isn't inexpensive at all LOL. It is quite pricy but well worth it. Now on the inexpensive side, I also did some crazy stuff with ramen too. I canmake a ramen that could easily be made in a 3* restaurant at least LOL

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Indeed, that sandwich isn't inexpensive at all LOL. It is quite pricy but well worth it. Now on the inexpensive side, I also did some crazy stuff with ramen too. I canmake a ramen that could easily be made in a 3* restaurant at least LOL

Actually it was... everything except the Onion, El Pato peppers and the Sauerkraut came from the Dollar Tree. ;-)

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually it was... everything except the Onion, El Pato peppers and the Sauerkraut came from the Dollar Tree. ;-)
Oh no, that I believe. I was meaning the one I was describing. That sandwich I made was quite expensive LOL. I definitely want to try that one you were talking about though. I LOVE me some sauerkraut :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
WinCo has that delish Kraut for cheap. It's nothing like the usual..it's fermented and has zero vinegar. It's actually kinda sweet. Nomz.

kraut.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I came up with a sandwich once using potato bread with 4 meats, 4 cheeses, lettuce, tomato, pickle, onions. All meats and cheese on each slice of bread with veggies in the middle along with bacon and ranch. Mayonnaise on each slice of bread. All meats and cheeses were hand picked and cuts at deli. It was INSANE! So want to do it again LOL

Ahhhhh, i'd missed that post, ooops!!

Sounds like an epic sammich..mmmm.

Yea man, I excell at sammich. Mum said I got it from her, she made some Dagwoods like yours. ;-)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BBall games are all over, my Zags won, barely. And I'm still bloody awake. :gaah:

I'll blame the cat, she needs her meds every 12 hours...try doing a schedule on that one...o_O

But, it'll be a cray weekend...so much sports are happening: the Daytona 500, Golf, NCAAM stuff, NBA All-Star Game, etc.... Oy Vey!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhhhh, i'd missed that post, ooops!!

Yea man, I excell at sammich. Mum said I got it from her, she made some Dagwoods like yours. ;-)
Yum! I love a good sandwich. Sadly I can't make them very often, but when I do, it's intoxicating. My mouth is watering just talking about it LOL

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think some of my best work is 'brekky stuff: pan-frittatas, hashes, brekky sandwiches open-faced and otherwise, etc.

Like this:

IMG_4979.jpg IMG_4982.jpg IMG_4980.jpg IMG_4987.jpg IMG_4986.jpg

That is two beaten eggs, Jimmy Dean's sage sausage, Mexican oregano, zucchini, garlic, onion, fennel, and hot peppers done up like a pan-frittata. Then, put on cheesy toast and slathered with Mexican hotsauce and a sprinkle of dill for the heck of it.

Simple, but good. :)

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think some of my best work is 'brekky stuff: pan-frittatas, hashes, brekky sandwiches open-faced and otherwise, etc.

Like this:

View attachment 131565 View attachment 131563 View attachment 131564 View attachment 131561 View attachment 131562

That is two beaten eggs, Jimmy Dean's sage sausage, Mexican oregano, garlic, onion, fennel, and hot peppers done up like a pan-frittata. Then, put on cheesy toast and slathered with Mexican hotsauce and a sprinkle of dill.

Simple, but good.
That looks and sounds amazing. I'm really good at breakfast stuff too. Omelets are a specialty of mine. And I make a crazy good grilled cheese. My wife likes me to make them. Says mine were far better than hers. I think that she's just being humble though myself

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That looks and sounds amazing. I'm really good at breakfast stuff too. Omelets are a specialty of mine. And I make a crazy good grilled cheese. My wife likes me to make them. Says mine were far better than hers. I think that she's just being humble though myself

Thanks! I bet you rock at food too. :)

I'd forgot, also had some zucchini in there. I try to eat healthy stuffs on a FS budget, but still have fun with it. :D

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! I bet you rock at food too. :)

I'd forgot, also had some zucchini in there. I try to eat healthy stuffs, but still have fun with it. :D
That's the point of food. Yes, we need it to live, but if you can't have fun with it, that's all it is.....survival.

Thanks, I do try. I have a few things I do well, pizza is one. And I love doing it, problem is that most of what I'm good at, I can't afford atm LOL.

I definitely want to try that breakfast sandwich you were talking about. That looks awesome :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I usually wing it...lol!

I've cooked long enough to just throw stuff together sans recipe and since I'm the one doing it, it's all things I like. Nobody else has to. :D

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually wing it...lol!

I've cooked long enough to just throw stuff together sans recipe and since I'm the one doing it, it's all things I like. Nobody else has to. :D
That's how everything I make starts out and it just transformswith time and experimentation

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Funny, saw this on the Today Show awhile back, it looks a lot like the food I've made for years....except they are a famous chef.

capture_20190126_064612.jpg

I show that sort of thing off, it's crap...lol

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hehe, never really wanted to be an actual Chef, just too much drama, constant pressure, and general BS.

I've worked in a few restaurants and learned the ways of cookery though; the basic knife cuts, cooking techniques, etc.
I just don't wish to be constrained by bloody Escoffier or his rules. ;-)

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hehe, never really wanted to be an actual Chef, just too much drama, constant pressure, and general BS.

I've worked in a few restaurants and learned the ways of cookery though; the basic knife cuts, cooking techniques, etc.
I just don't wish to be constrained by bloody Escoffier or his rules. ;-)
I've seriously considered going to culinary school, but I don't know. I have allot of ideas, but eh, not sure I want all the crap.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Time to play semi-dead...cat is snoring away and I believe she has the right idea.
So, tataaa for now....
sleep-027.gif

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cooking has to be a genuine passion, or ya won't survive culinary arts. But, you can always learn things anyways. :)
I know, I have been coming for years without any formal training. I have an idea for a restaurant, but I would like to have real knowledge to make it a success. Problem is, I know how expensive school is and not sure I could ever do it financially. That's just where my head is at

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks dude! I go way the he'll back after a few beers.

But, in an effort to not look as though I'm completely stuck in the 70's... I'll fast forward about 15-20 years. :D

Hell ya, love me some Alice in Chains. Favorite song from them.....What the Hell Have I. Straight up bad ass

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hell ya, love me some Alice in Chains. Favorite song from them.....What the Hell Have I. Straight up bad ass

Fuck yes! Another Chains fan. Didn't think it was possible but you just moved a few more notches brother!

what the He'll have I is awesome man!

here's a favorite of mine featuring Ann Wilson from the band Heart.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck yes! Another Chains fan. Didn't think it was possible but you just moved a few more notches brother!

what the He'll have I is awesome man!

here's a favorite of mine featuring Ann Wilson from the band Heart.

I love Heart too. Here's a band I'm dying to see if you've heard of, Warlock. The lead singer went solo later. Her name was Doro Pesch. They were damned amazing.

VU Sponsors