Become a Patron!

Midknight's Portal

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I happened to try Geekvape's MTL Clapton wire in ni80, 28x2/38 iirc. Have a 0.75 ohm coil in my TT Morphe, running at 32.5w in a Cut squonker. Serious yum, imo.
I'm really thinking about doing that actually, or maybe just making my own. I haven't decided yet. I have 28 and 38g, so that's not too farfetched for me to just make it :)

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ikr? Luckily I have decent genes so I won't go really gray till I'm much older. My dad is 62 years old and the only real gray he has is in his beard too. Thank God for native American blood LOL

Wasn't speaking for myself. I only have a little grey at 60 years.
I was thinking about the old lady next door. Couple of years ago she came out for her mail in her nightgown.
A gust of wind blew it open and DAMN! Looked like she had Kenny Rogers head in a leglock!
For some reason I just can't forget that.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking about the old lady next door. Couple of years ago she came out for her mail in her nightgown.
A gust of wind blew it open and DAMN! Looked like she had Kenny Rogers head in a leglock!
Haha, that's a nightmare waiting to happen LOL. That's an image burned into your brain.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Oh Jesus, just shoot me now. :cry:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Just remember, ignorance you can fix, but you can't fix stupid :)

Sometimes you don't have a choice to drive in those conditions- when I worked it was horrible having to drive in horrible snow storms, I didn't want to be in it. Glad I am retired now!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes you don't have a choice to drive in those conditions- when I worked it was horrible having to drive in horrible snow storms, I didn't want to be in it. Glad I am retired now!
Oh, here when it snows, it's almost looks people say, "Oh, it's snowing and the roads are a sheet of ice? Oh, I know. Let's drive faster." In Texas, we don't have snow chains and such so ya, I dread driving when it happens. I know how to drive in that mess, it's thepeople around me that I have to worry about.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Oh, here when it snows, it's almost looks people say, "Oh, it's snowing and the roads are a sheet of ice? Oh, I know. Let's drive faster." In Texas, we don't have snow chains and such so ya, I dread driving when it happens. I know how to drive in that mess, it's thepeople around me that I have to worry about.

Lucky you don't get a lot of that weather there!
Here in western NY we are in it from October till May

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning, it was a bone chilling overnight low of 75 here. Had to use climate control on the way to work
What's that, oh, shut up Bob ? Oh....ssshh

My coworker is heading down to your neck of the woods next week. I hate her. And furthermore, shut up, Bob.

Normally at this time of year we (hubbs and I) would be getting ready to take the Amtrak down to Tampa and go for a few days to our little old-school motel in Crystal River. Not this year. Bummer. I hate everybody who gets to be in Florida in February and March this year. Y'all can all go throw yerselves in Okeechobee with the snakes and gators.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
My coworker is heading down to your neck of the woods next week. I hate her. And furthermore, shut up, Bob.

Normally at this time of year we (hubbs and I) would be getting ready to take the Amtrak down to Tampa and go for a few days to our little old-school motel in Crystal River. Not this year. Bummer. I hate everybody who gets to be in Florida in February and March this year. Y'all can all go throw yerselves in Okeechobee with the snakes and gators.

I feel the same way- LOL! :giggle:

:cuss2:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
G'morn peeps! I'm awake, sorta.
red-loves-coffee.gif

Cat wakes me up at 7am when it's 13F out to refill her water dish and put her covers back in array for her, then goes back to sleep. Bah.

On the plus side; it's bright and sunny out:

IMG_20190221_083439.jpg

Not a plus: nothing to hold the heat in, so it'll be Brrrrr for the foreseeable future. Until it snows again anyways! Always a trade-off, eh?

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Clear and cold here today, just watching NCAAM stuff. :)

Snap765.jpg

Gave Tiki her pill...

IMG_5053.jpg

She loves her scheduled treats, she just doesn't know her pill is in there. ;)
Today, it's some tinned AK salmon I'd rinsed well to rid it of extra salt, added a bit of her wet food, and the crushed pill. It got nommed. :D

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Good Morning all-

Wild windy weather here closed down the schools for today-
Yay- I didn't lose power!
Now the snow is coming- so sick of snow and cold!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good Morning all-

Wild windy weather here closed down the schools for today-
Yay- I didn't lose power!
Now the snow is coming- so sick of snow and cold!
Morning snap. Must be super windy. Wow. And I hope the snow goes away for all the northerners here. 42°not making it to 60. Woo-hoo. But in two months it'll be 90.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Morning snap. Must be super windy. Wow. And I hope the snow goes away for all the northerners here. 42°not making it to 60. Woo-hoo. But in two months it'll be 90.

You are right- won't be long before I will be complaining about the heat!
Yes wind gusts over 70 mph here and now snowing- been a long winter for sure here!
:facepalm:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have been using my Orion Go since September- love that little thing, just ordered the Orion Q for hubby- he has been using the Penguin for over a year and I hope he likes the Q as well!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The penguin is a nice handy mod. Hope he likes the new one. :)

He is on his 2nd Penguin this time I got him the SE, so nice to try something different- I think the Orion is more MTL then the Penguin.
Funny I like to mess around with gear and he just wants easy plug and play so I figured the Orion Q would be great for that.
He still dual uses- ugh

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

News this morning here was talking about thousands without power a bit north of where I am, because of wind, and our nearest actual town is underwater this morning from the river being out of its banks. Over the next couple of days, that flooding will get worse, as the water travels down from the mountains to the west.

We're up on a ridge, so no flooding here, but we are still up to our eyeballs in mud. I drove the grandkids to school in the 4WD truck this morning. The wind we had yesterday did dry it out some, and as long as it doesn't get strong enough to blow us down, we could use a couple more days of it.

Still would rather have the mud than snow. At least the mud doesn't cover the roads for miles and miles.

Have you seen pics out of Minnesota lately? I don't know how they cope with it.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
News this morning here was talking about thousands without power a bit north of where I am, because of wind, and our nearest actual town is underwater this morning from the river being out of its banks. Over the next couple of days, that flooding will get worse, as the water travels down from the mountains to the west.

We're up on a ridge, so no flooding here, but we are still up to our eyeballs in mud. I drove the grandkids to school in the 4WD truck this morning. The wind we had yesterday did dry it out some, and as long as it doesn't get strong enough to blow us down, we could use a couple more days of it.

Still would rather have the mud than snow. At least the mud doesn't cover the roads for miles and miles.

Have you seen pics out of Minnesota lately? I don't know how they cope with it.

Thousands here without power- lucky for me this time I am not one of them-
last time we lost power for 5 days- not good when it is in the 20's, we have a small generator, so at least we can have heat.
They were showing on the news the Niagara River pushing huge Ice over the banks and onto the roads.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thousands here without power- lucky for me this time I am not one of them-
last time we lost power for 5 days- not good when it is in the 20's, we have a small generator, so at least we can have heat.
They were showing on the news the Niagara River pushing huge Ice over the banks and onto the roads.

Oh jeez, big ice. That's scary. I had no idea what those rivers and lakes up north can do with ice until I saw a program on TV about the Ice Tide (or whatever it's called) out of the Great Lakes. The tide coming in will push water out of the lakes up into people's back yards, either already frozen or freezing as it comes ashore, across the yard, right into and through the house. Saw a house where the ice had busted through a sliding glass door and gone right up into the house, ice through brick walls, through the house, and out through the walls in the front. Never seen anything like that in my life.

Hopefully you have blankets and plenty of hot cocoa, and maybe a swig or two of Grand Marnier for later, eh? :) You get hold of enough Grand Marnier, you won't care much about the cold. :)

Those two-burner gas camp stoves that run on bottled gas are handy, too.

I think a generator is a must-have if you live in a place where such situations can happen. We have one also, because usually when we get wind or ice, we lose power, and are so far out in the country, the power company won't get to us for days. It's wise to have a generator, also can pay for itself if it keeps you from losing your whole week's refrigerated/frozen food a couple of times.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have a gas stove so at least I can cook- it is the furnace we worry about, and staying warm.
I live right on the shore of Lake Ontario and yes it can get bad here with Ice and flooding, but I am far enough away so no worries of that but my dock and part of the yard can be under water for months.
Yes lots of hot cocoa here - plus coffee = happy.
Now you know why I have all those mods- just in case of a power outage, no worries about vaping!

VU Sponsors