1. GUIDE TO VAPING BEST OF THE BEST 2018 IS NOW LIVE!
    THREAD HERE

Military veteran

Discussion in 'General Requests' started by Shaulisbvape, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Shaulisbvape

Shaulisbvape Gold Contributor Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Is there a badge or banner thing for veterans?

Huckleberried, Letitia9 and SMOKIE like this.
  2. RMarcusY

RMarcusY ☮ Ambassador ☮ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Vendor Employee VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
  3. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Live Leadership Show Host Reviewer Vape Media VU Live Host

Blog Posts:
    I could very easily create a Military Veteran badge but how do I know if they are a Veteran, and not just s fraud?

4. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:

Not a bad idea dude!

Yep, for those that have served (and I thank you for your service) I think a special badge is warranted!

What say you @SMOKIE

KingPin! likes this.
  5. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Sadly Mr. Smokie, you have a valid point.

Even sadder, lot's of Stolen Honor (yes, this is a thing) going around.

6. hellcatrydr

hellcatrydr Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    That's the same thing ya said when I asked for that 10 Inch Wang banner. :(

KingPin!, Huckleberried and JuicyLucy like this.
  7. hellcatrydr

hellcatrydr Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    There are posers and they suck. It would be very cool to have a badge for verified military.

8. Shaulisbvape

Blog Posts:
    DD-214 or I know my PA drivers license here has veteran marked on it. Not sure what other states have that.

9. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Live Leadership Show Host Reviewer Vape Media VU Live Host

Blog Posts:
    Status of Veterans Designations on Drivers Licenses:

10. SMOKIE

Blog Posts:
    Currently 50 states offer a veterans designation on state issued drivers licenses or ID cards, and PR

11. SMOKIE

Blog Posts:
    So your suggesting they send me a copy of their DL or discharge papers?

12. Paratech

Paratech I forgot VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Not quite sure how you can actually validate that without them providing way more PII than they should.
    While I agree there is certainly too much stolen valor taking place, making them send PII over an unsecure connection to an unsecure destination is a terrible idea.
    Maybe taking their word for it isn't such a bad idea in comparison.
    Sure, someone could lie and claim they are a Veteran but what is the most they are going to gain from it?
    A badge?
    Those that wear them with honor deserve them.
    Those that lie and wear them are disgraceful but should hold back the honest.
    Let's not let the few dishonest prevent those that deserve it from proudly displaying a badge of honor.

Just my opinion on the topic.

Shaulisbvape, Whiskey and KingPin! like this.
  13. SMOKIE

Blog Posts:
    (someone could lie and claim they are a Veteran but what is the most they are going to gain from it?
    A badge?)

It is more then just a badge. Special projects, donations, and offerings for Veterans Only we have at times.

14. Paratech

Paratech I forgot VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Ok, I can understand not wanting to share any of that with stolen valor individuals however the idea of sending PII over an unsecure path to an unsecure destination is extensively worse.

Whiskey likes this.
  15. bobnat

bobnat VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years Moderator

Blog Posts:
    Anyone who has been in the military is pretty damn good at talking to someone and knowing if they served as well. There's tons of little shit that people don't know about the military.

16. RMarcusY

RMarcusY ☮ Ambassador ☮ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Vendor Employee VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]

I know what I did,,,,, that's enough for me.

Shaulisbvape and bobnat like this.
  17. spr258

spr258 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I agree with the driver licensees or even your VA card. I did not go though the paperwork needed for a WI veteran DL. With any ID anything that is not needed can be blacked out.

18. Shaulisbvape

Blog Posts:
    There is also a short form DD-214. Blacking out certain info would also be a way. Was hoping that the badge would rid of stolen valor. Not so much as a hey I'm a veteran look at me.