Mini Nautilus...

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just put a new BVC in my Nautilus. Flavor is incredible! Considerably better than the BDC.

However, I finished a tank with the darkest juice I have. Will see how well the coil will perform after a boiling and alcohol soak.

One problem I have with the BVC is visual: one can see the wicking material through the mesh, but it's impossible to see how the gunked up the actual coil gets.

The other issue is efficiency: the BVC vapes through a tank much more quickly than the BDC. This alone would be a good reason for folks to hold onto their BDCs.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just put a new BVC in my Nautilus. Flavor is incredible! Considerably better than the BDC.

However, I finished a tank with the darkest juice I have. Will see how well the coil will perform after a boiling and alcohol soak.

One problem I have with the BVC is visual: one can see the wicking material through the mesh, but it's impossible to see how the gunked up the actual coil gets.

The other issue is efficiency: the BVC vapes through a tank much more quickly than the BDC. This alone would be a good reason for folks to hold onto their BDCs.
that is odd, I had the complete opposite. not running dark juice though, but my bvc, ran through a lot less juice than before, and they last twice as long. Maybe its the liquid,idk

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've only run about 20 mil through my first coil and its holding up really well. Best clearo to date, imho -- but it sure could be prettier.:) How about colored glass or new tank covers?

Attachments

• mini 8.jpg
    mini 8.jpg
    932 bytes · Views: 25

gammagirl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Order my mini nautilus and the sleeve to go with it, should be here tomorrow. Kayfun's are my thing and just had to try the nautilus with the new coils cause of all the hype. I'm sure I won't be disappointed but call me cheap, having to replace the coils can get expensive. But if it lives up to all the hype and the coils life span is exceptional it may be worth the expense. I do use the protank II but change out the wicks myself. I'll let you know how it go's.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I find the flavor of the nautilus better than the kayfun!
No doubt. I have all kinds of rba's, have not touched them since I got the mini and the bvc's. The bvc's made the full size nautilus an animal, huge clouds, flavor. I am still on my first one in the big one, been almost two weeks

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really am liking the mini and the new coils in my full sized nautilus. I would not have believed it would happen, but my kayfuns have been sitting a while now. I would like the get the mini t sleeve, not sure where it is sold yet. Seems I have found my new vape for a bit....till the Tilemahos comes out maybe.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hs
I really am liking the mini and the new coils in my full sized nautilus. I would not have believed it would happen, but my kayfuns have been sitting a while now. I would like the get the mini t sleeve, not sure where it is sold yet. Seems I have found my new vape for a bit....till the Tilemahos comes out maybe.[/QUOTE
I have seen them on eBay. I think most of the good websites have them now. You could always go to aspirecig.com, but the shipping would not make sense. Normally with eBay , you get free shipping

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
someone told me this morning there is word that aspire is making BVC coils for their other clearos, which would be great cause i own a lot of ET-S's. i hope this is true.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
they last twice as long, better flavor, and huge clouds. iknow they are a little high, but at that price, im not making much, and the fact that they are better and last longer, kinda justifies the price. just like everything else, the pricing comes down when tbe clones come out

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
why does the cutout on the new steel tank look like male sex organs??? And yes, once you see it, it cannot be unseen...:cool:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
why does the cutout on the new steel tank look like male sex organs??? And yes, once you see it, it cannot be unseen...:cool:

if you think about it, most mods are phallic shaped. just sayin'.... ;)

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
that is odd, I had the complete opposite. not running dark juice though, but my bvc, ran through a lot less juice than before, and they last twice as long. Maybe its the liquid,idk

My liquid is skewed more towards PG, generally 60/40 PG/VG. I'm vaping my 2nd tank with the BVC and still seeing the same inefficiency I mentioned earlier.

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if you think about it, most mods are phallic shaped. just sayin'.... ;)

true but the little cutout looks more like cock balls than most

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow, this conversation took a turn. Anyway, As far as the clones go, I cant stand the people that try to pass the clones off as authentic. I spend all my time researching new products. Back in March I was looking to buy some of the Nautilus tanks, I was talking to a guy, and I finally got it out of him, after prying and prying, that he was selling clones. I would never buy copies of this stuff. A RBA or a Mod, maybe, but it needs to be disclosed and priced accordingly. But I acted like I was interested to get more info. I asked him about the serial numbers, and he said they had them. They all had the same serial numbers. Which sucks!! If you bought one of these, you check it on the website, it comes back authentic, and you never give it a second thought. I wrote to Eigate, and suggested that they put the duplicate serial number checker on the website, and the next day they had it. I also suggested that they put their direct agents on the website, which they did. I also did a little work for Eigate regarding these clone manufactures. Due to that, they notify me way in advance of new products coming out. I get first crack at all this stuff if I want it. So what I have been doing is, buying a bunch of whatever it is that is coming out, sell out quick on ebay, and then, by the time I have sold out, they have already made clones of it. Then, I am done with that product. It is tough to compete with people selling clones. Probably more than half of the stuff on ebay is fake. These clone manufactures are tricky. A lot of big companies and websites got stuck with a bunch of the nautilus clones back then. They did not know they bought clones. And its still going on. The mini and coils, they cloned before the authentic ones came out. you need to be careful who you buy from. On aspirecig.com, you can see who their direct agents are here in the US and in china. If you buy from one of them, you should be good.

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got tired of waiting for my BDC coil to burn out on my nautilus, so I tried one of the BVC coils I got today... simply awesome !!! Running at 12watts and no burnt taste ... :D

Last edited:

BrutusGM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Kelli, that is true. I have them on ebay right now. its a preorder, should be here before the month ends.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121400707566

Definitely something I will be looking forward to as well!! I have 4 Aspire mini vivis and 2 ET-s and 2 CE5 So 8 heads just to give each a new one.. =} Oh and 1 iclear 30( came with my MVP2.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got tired of waiting for my BDC coil to burn out on my nautilus, so I tried one of the BVC coils I got today... simply awesome !!! Running at 12watts and no burnt taste ... :D

Definitely something I will be looking forward to as well!! I have 4 Aspire mini vivis and 2 ET-s and 2 CE5 So 8 heads just to give each a new one.. =} Oh and 1 iclear 30( came with my MVP2.
wow, all I can say to that is, nice to meet you! lol. I was just told that I waited too long to give them my final answer, on how many I want. I am getting 300 coils so 60 5 packs off the first run. I will get some more from the second batch. so, you may want to buy them now

Last edited:

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hi artemis...
of course, im not brad...
but i can tell you that the ceramic/ceramiclike mat'l is the wicking/wadding mat'l wrapped around the coil...
that wicking/wadding mat'l is then held tightly together by a cotton gauze wrapped around the wadding...
i only raised the concern because i use readyxwick (a flexible ceramic rope) on all my rebuildables and know it is treated a specific way to make it useable as a wick for vaping
and when you pull apart the bvc the wicking mat'l crumbles apart and feels gritty..,
i am still looking for answers for just exactly what the stuff actually is and if it is ceramic how was it heated/treated...
aspire is denying the coil even exists !!!

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
[QUOTE="brad527, post: 66787, member: 308

wow, all I can say to that is, nice to meet you! lol. I was just told that I waited too long to give them my final answer, on how many I want. I am getting 300 coils so 60 5 packs off the first run. I will get some more from the second batch. so, you may want to buy them now[/[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Elipsis! I pm'd them on facebook. I wonder why they are not responding to the vaping community? I ight have to tear down my coil wt dies.[/QUOTthey exist alright i will have them in about a week. from now on all their tanks will come with the bvc's. in this forum is pics of the coil torn down. aspire wants all their agents to get rid of the bdc s they have. keep in mind, its 422 am in china right now

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
all a little confusing...
this thread has kinda morphed int all things mini nautilus...
great little atomizer for sure, but...
questions are raised about the wicking mat'l with no solid answers coming, even from eigate themselves...
brad527, what do you know about the mat'l used in the mini nautilus bvc and do you have a source that can verifyably assure us the mat'l is safe

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do not know, but I will dig into it. I am not to concerned though. Pretty sure a company like Eigate would not build anything that would be harmful. Let me see what I can find out

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yes, overkill for sure from my vantage point...
a few wanted to know how to rebuild the little buggers...
and to replicate how well they perform you need to use the same or better wicking mat'l than the original contains...
so not knowing what the mat'l is makes you as a rebuilder move to a different mat'l...
using 32 g kanthal and getting 1.7 ohm , the wicking mat'l i chose was ekowool to act as the sleeve around the coil...
didnt work out too well...and i prolly pissed a few people off by stating it would be more beneficial to just adjunct this coil as disposeable and if you cant afford the replacement coils you prolly shouldnt buy the tank...
but the thread is where it is now and i will sit back because at this point i am just beating a dead horse,,,
and hopefully you are correct and eigate isnt out to kill us all:)

Last edited:

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I guess enough of us asked them, so they posted this: http://shar.es/1nc09B. I also found out why they are not talking about the bvc coils for their other tanks yet. Aspire is not making the bdc coil anymore. Everything they make will come with the bvc coils. But, there are so many tanks and coils laying around out there now, they are waiting to move some of the old stuff first. I know if I was planning on buying a new tank or some coils, I would want the bvc. Everyone will. The old stuff will not sell well when they announce the new coils.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This makes sense to me now. I have not gotten the response from my ebay ad that I thought I would. I was positive, the reason is, because nobody knows about them. Or everyone thinks they are the nautilus coil. I was waiting for Aspire to put them up on their site, but now understand why they haven't . I should have these ready to ship around the 20th to the 23rd.

So are there any metal sleeves(preferably with a window to show juice levels) for the regular Nautilus or mini that doesn't look like a goofy cock n' balls?

BrutusGM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is a spiffy one for the regular Nautilus but I think the only one available for the mini is the phallic one..

2-14052P92ZCR.jpg

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use that one, too. :)

Eh, i don't really like the style of that sleeve for the reg. Nautilus(it vaguely reminds me of some dudebro's tribal tattoo) but I think i'll have to get it. I've been using my reg. Naut. as my go-to tank lately so I feel like it's just a matter of time before i stumble into a sharper corner somewhere and shatter it.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@brad527 I have a couple of packs on order. Hope to see them soona dn if they perform as the BVC coils do in the Nautilii, I'll be looking for more as I pray the cpst will be reduced.

I currently have solid metal tanks for the big Nauti, the basket cover pictured above on order (so I can see the juice level, not as a fashion statement) and the 'dick' model for the mini. I'm certain subsequent iterations of the latter will be redesigned because what were they thinking?

BrutusGM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Brad,
Any updated info on the new non-Nautilus BVC coils now that you actually have some?? How about some updated pics? Have you tried one to give any information to inquisitive potential customers?

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@brad527 I have a couple of packs on order. Hope to see them soona dn if they perform as the BVC coils do in the Nautilii, I'll be looking for more as I pray the cpst will be reduced.

I currently have solid metal tanks for the big Nauti, the basket cover pictured above on order (so I can see the juice level, not as a fashion statement) and the 'dick' model for the mini. I'm certain subsequent iterations of the latter will be redesigned because what were they thinking?

Dick model just sounds so nasty (but funny!). How about the twig and berries model?

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
bi​
Brad,
Any updated info on the new non-Nautilus BVC coils now that you actually have some?? How about some updated pics? Have you tried one to give any information to inquisitive potential customers?
Hey Man yea first batch went out today. I actually do not have one of these tanks that I could try one. I am waiting for the first ones to be delivered, to get a review. I did add a couple pics to my ebay ad.

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aspire Mini and the new BVC coil, Awesome..
BVC coils fits the Nautilus as well, also Awesome.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Brad,
Below is from the first guy to receive them. I was pretty sure this would be the case:
Put one in about 10 pm last night. It is in my Aspire BDC SS Vivi. It's awesome. The taste is amazing, so much so that the "bargain" liquid that I've been using tastes awful now . :)I plan to put it in my other devices tonight when I have time. I'll let you know more as I use it more.

kikitup

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Below is from the first guy to receive them. I was pretty sure this would be the case:
Put one in about 10 pm last night. It is in my Aspire BDC SS Vivi. It's awesome. The taste is amazing, so much so that the "bargain" liquid that I've been using tastes awful now . :)I plan to put it in my other devices tonight when I have time. I'll let you know more as I use it more.
I just got mine an hour ago from Brad. I put one in my wife's tank, and she had me switch out her other three tanks after about 5 minutes. Much more flavor!
I just ordered another pack!
BTW. Brad is a great seller!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a update. I went thru my five pack quickly. 3 out of the 5 coils obviously were duds. I bought mine from Sweet-vapes. I'm back at square one searching for a good vape. It looks like I'm forced to play with my kafun lite.

If this is a vendor thread you can delete. I am just commenting.

Just my opinion:

They definately do not have as good of a taste as the kayfun or Taifun, but they are convenient and dont have leaking issues.

They will give you dry hits with the air all the way open which is a shame, so you have to pull juice in the thing by covering up the air hole and sucking on the top if you want to keep juice in it (if you like an airy draw) This is true on the mini or the regular size, but worse on the larger Nautilus.

They are hard to get unscrewed sometimes to put juice in it. I mean REALLY hard to unscrew.

Ive only had mine a couple weeks and havent changed the coil yet. Dont see the need yet.

I do think its best of the "buy, fill and go" tanks out there right now. Just still not quite there yet for me.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
:)
bi​

Hey Man yea first batch went out today. I actually do not have one of these tanks that I could try one. I am waiting for the first ones to be delivered, to get a review. I did add a couple pics to my ebay ad.
I received mine this afternoon, and am, well; VERY pleased

Kinda a funny way to make my introduction here, but

BrutusGM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
:)
I received mine this afternoon, and am, well; VERY pleased

Kinda a funny way to make my introduction here, but
Hey Butt-
Thank you for the Vid!! I put a link of it on another thread on the Aspire coils so hopefully you really start to see some views and subs.. I look forward to your updated vid with taking the new coils apart and comparing directly to the Nautilus BVC coils.. Also look forward to your review of that beastly Ego Twist..
Thanks again!

-=|Brutus

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm really glad you enjoyed it man; as I had a lot of fun doing it!

I'm a bit of a ham; so expect more antics from me on YouTube regularly, from now on haha

Those twists are truly awesome as well, and are really all a serious vaper needs for his/her fill up and go tanks. That said; these BVC coils stand up well to full power on them, but your normal OG kanger coils, and the original aspire nautilus coils get torched quickly in my experience.

Please subscribe guys, and I'll be happy to supply you with plenty of asshat reviews moving forward :p

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is a spiffy one for the regular Nautilus but I think the only one available for the mini is the phallic one..

2-14052P92ZCR.jpg
Yeah I have this tank for the Naut its really nice actually I dropped it yesterday did not crack the pryex at all

VU Sponsors