Become a Patron!

Minimum Resistance Question

I have just gotten a starter kit Kangertech Subox Mini-C and put a Baby Beast tank on it. My wife's baby beast tank came with a higher ohm coil in it, but mine has a .15 ohm coil in it. Now, the mod specs say that the minimum resistance is .3 ohms. So, my question is, what might the consequences be of me running a .15 ohm coil in it when that's under the minimum resistance? Any help or explanation would be great. Thank you.

Last edited:
Oh, hmm. That's odd. Everything I've read online says that the minimum resistance is .3 ohms for my mod, but it has been firing pretty consistently and the display registers that it knows the coil is .15... However, it has failed to fire some this morning and the ohms meter flashes zero when it does. Sorry, just getting started and trying to learn. Planning to just get a .4 ohm coil like she has in hers. Just curious if I should keep using it until then or not since I'm below the listed minimum resistance.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Dude! Just because it can/will does not mean you should. Be a responsible vaper and do not use that mod below it's recommended ohm limit.

Dude! Just because it can/will does not mean you should. Be a responsible vaper and do not use that mod below it's recommended ohm limit.

Well, that's why I was asking. I was planning on getting a coil within the recommended ohm range today. My wife had bought the same tank and it came with a .4 ohm coil. When I bought mine (yesterday evening) I didn't realize it was a .15 coil until later. I was just curious and looking for info on what the consequences of going below the minimum resistance might be.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could also mean .3 is the lowest resistance at which full power can be supplied.. due to voltage output and amp draw limits. Operational vs functional limits

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Agreed. Probably why they state the minimum at .3 as anything lower would only fire at or near full battery. But, most mods actually stop working at the minimum regardless. I would consider this a flaw in the chip.

Agreed. Probably why they state the minimum at .3 as anything lower would only fire at or near full battery. But, most mods actually stop working at the minimum regardless. I would consider this a flaw in the chip.

Interesting. Thank you for the information. I'll be getting a coil within the range on it today, probably. Appreciate the information.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fwiw...... tbe mod might be able to fire below the .3ohm limit... if that limit is really an amp draw limit represented as an ohm rate.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors