Become a Patron!

Misleading billboard

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
While out yesterday, I noticed a billboard in a neighboring town that made me scratch my head and wonder why these folks don't do their homework. It read something to the effect of, Thanks ecigs and vaping for causing our high school kids TOBACCO use to climb by 57%. It was sponsored by our local substance abuse organization. Thought to myself, these people have no idea what they are talking about and wonder how many folks will blindly believe what they hear and read. Very troubling.

Last edited:

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If they were only told the real story, the truth, it might open all their eyes to the true benefits of vaping over smoking.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If they were only told the real story, the truth, it might open all their eyes to the true benefits of vaping over smoking.
Ya, but they don't want the truth told ... political reasons, financial reasons (tobacco industry loosing $$$, state loosing $$$ on taxes, etc). They would rather push their agenda. Our typical government BS at work. --- these are my opinions and can't be 100% proven as "they" cover up the truth.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Always reminds me of this! :D

81cfb2defd04a1904bbc8b212db3e97c.jpg

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ya, but they don't want the truth told ... political reasons, financial reasons (tobacco industry loosing $$$, state loosing $$$ on taxes, etc). They would rather push their agenda. Our typical government BS at work. --- these are my opinions and can't be 100% proven as "they" cover up the truth.

Pretty much sums it up in my book.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I saw a new anti-smoking TV commercial the other night, which didn't explicitly call out vaping, but seemed to be *trying* to do so -- it showed a bunch of people doing regular people stuff, but some of them, instead of a mouth, have a USB port... into which they insert some USB device, and then exhale a smoke-like substance... the voice-over talks about how this substance or activity "reprograms" you, so, don't get hacked. I think they're definitely trying to point to this "new fangled way of smoking", along with actual smoking.

Andria

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sounds to me that they are into substance abuse

VU Sponsors