Become a Patron!

Mister E's Vape Shop caught on camera selling vape startup kits to 14 year olds

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are you surprised?

I've been bitching about this for some time now. It's happening all over the country!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Clear case of entrapment.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Entrapment does not apply. Nothing was done unwittingly. If you follow the law to the lettre, you can not be trapped.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Entrapment does not apply. Nothing was done unwittingly. If you follow the law to the lettre, you can not be trapped.
They sent in kids who looked like twenty year olds in Michigan where it isn't even illegal to sell to kids in the first place. That doesn't prove that kids are going in there willingly without the coaxing of the tv station that sent them in.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
In 2000 it was not illegal to sell your child to another person at a truck stop in Michigan.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm....selling children to strangers at truck stops is funny? I learnt something just now.
Was it not legal because there was a law that said it was legal or was it not legal because there wasn't a law that said it was illegal?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There was at the time, no law on the books prohibiting the sale of children.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There was at the time, no law on the books prohibiting the sale of children.
But does that mean children were sold? And if some tv station coaxed some kids into acting like they were for sale, wouldn't that be entrapment?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
But does that mean children were sold? And if some tv station coaxed some kids into acting like they were for sale, wouldn't that be entrapment?
It was an infant....pretty sure there was no coaxing.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No, I just made all of that up out of sheer boredom...........seriously?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, I just made all of that up out of sheer boredom...........seriously?
So there WERE people selling children at truck stops? I never heard of it, sorry. Must have been buried in the back pages.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
that's fucked up.
Indeed. Amazing that all the people in Michigan are alive since there is no printed instructions on how to breathe available.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
you are correct sir. since the tv station is not a law enforcement agency there is no case of entrapment. in addition since they sold to minors once it is likely they have done it before. for those unaware entrapment is a practice whereby a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit a criminal offense that the person would have otherwise been unlikely to commit.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you are correct sir. since the tv station is not a law enforcement agency there is no case of entrapment. in addition since they sold to minors once it is likely they have done it before. for those unaware entrapment is a practice whereby a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit a criminal offense that the person would have otherwise been unlikely to commit.
Granted. They weren't law enforcement so technically it wasn't entrapment. I don't want to be seen as though I'm sticking up for these guys. They screwed up. Everyone needs to be more careful and protect the children. Michigan needs to pass an 18 or older law already. Hopefully they won't tack on a bunch of other bullshit onto it when they do it.

ApeMustNotKillVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Won't somebody think of the children?

I learned smoking from my dad. Who should I blame if my son smokes or vapes?
A minimum wage teenager at some store?

I am going to buy my son a video camera. He will be too busy to vape if teenage girls do anything some stranger with a camera asks them too.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
government blames everyone besides the person parents. most smoking kids do it behind the parents back for one reason or another most of the time it is due to lack of parenting or over parenting. which is sad to say.

to be cool or like the cool kids aka i want attention is what it always is on a very generic level.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Beginning of video they said causes health risks but didn't say how they could back that statement up.

Kudo's that they at least put one shop in there that declined selling to the girls without ID.
I am hoping that Vendors will all follow suit, or hire employee's that give a shit.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I started using tobacco products in about 1973...Jon's tobacco shop would sell me pipe tobacco, and Swisher Sweets. I was about 13 yrs. old. Never really took it up, as habit, 'till 1980, with Kools.

I am going to buy my son a video camera. He will be too busy to vape if teenage girls do anything some stranger with a camera asks them too.
My Pop let me take a big ol' drag, on a cigar he had going, in 1968, or so...put me off, for YEARS..

So there WERE people selling children at truck stops? I never heard of it, sorry. Must have been buried in the back pages.
THIS IS ILLEGAL !? Guess I should stoppit..

Fer Chrissakes, don't get ripped-off on a 'GoPro"...Midland, and other outfits make fine little cams, MUCH cheaper, made in the same damned place.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Beginning of video they said causes health risks but didn't say how they could back that statement up.

Kudo's that they at least put one shop in there that declined selling to the girls without ID.
I am hoping that Vendors will all follow suit, or hire employee's that give a shit.
Because they are using the article that California said it was a health risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My opinion of the State of California, is NOT a positive one...I know there are good folks out there, but as a whole, that state SUCKS.

vappydan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is absurd. The sale of alcohol in the state of Michigan is 21 years of age. I was in the business. State liquor control did inspections of patrons from time to time and yes we got a rare violation. One needed numerous violations to lose a license. Everyone makes mistakes. Employees goof up. It happens. there can be no perfect record.

VU Sponsors