Become a Patron!

Mixers Drought

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't see any Strawberry in that list or Honey Dew. I made an interesting Peachy Honey Dew with a hint of Pineapple.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i know right lol! actually i think i need about another 10 to have a decent running start.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think I need to put DIY on Hiatus for a bit running out of bottles and a place to store them. Between store bought and my DIY I have close to 39 flavors to my left.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i haven't posted much here lately, but have been working on my recipes.

i did a few batches with 80vg/20dw,,, it was ok,, but i had to up the %'s.. so then i messed around with the 80/20dw to 95/5 etc.. not much dif.........so went another route,, working vg/pg,,,,,that was better on flavors (you may recall i am/was trying to avoid most pg) the flavors were much better but not perfect, i have batches now just sitting around working on 'steeping'

i used the coffee frother followed by the crock pot method.

i think my taste buds are getting real picky concerning the recipes. simple is barely working lol.. i thought about just forgetting the whole flavor thing and just vaping neat ejuice/eliquid........time will tell on that.

so far my best advise to any newbie mixer,,, dont do what i did buying a bunch of flavors. find 2 recipes you think sound good and buy ONLY those flavors. perfect them to your liking before going after any other recipes or flavors. and remember, the names of many flavors dont always reflect the flavor you would think they should lol.. nonna's cake is good,, but it 'aint no cake' lol

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still no Cookie, oh the shame of it all, where's Huck;).
still no cookie Heabob,, but i did try to get cookie!

updated list of flavors (raspberry still denies knowing me :)
Flavors in stash: 34

(Capella) Blue rasberry cotton candy
(tfa) cheesecake
Custard (FA)
Apricot (FA)
Bavarain Cream (TPA)
Berryl (Raspberry) (FA)
Bilberry (FA)
Blackcurrant (FA)
capella vanilla bean ice cream
Cardamom (FA)
Catalan Cream (FA)
Coconut
Cola
Cream Fresh (FA)
Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso) (FA)
FA Lime Tahiti
fa marshmellow
FlavourArt Lemon Sicily
Forest Mix (Forest Fruit) (FA)
Fresh pineapple
Fugi Apple (FA)
Glory (FA)
Irish Cream (FA)
Jamaican Rum (FA)
Joy (FA)
Lemon Cake (Inawera)
Marzipan (FA)
Nonna's Cake (FA)
Oba oba
Peach (flavour Art)
Torrone (FA)
Vanilla Tahiti (FA)
Vienna Cream (FA)
White Peach (FA)

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i still have a bottle of emafia vanilla sundae (weak on its best day, dressed in its best suit with body guards) and put a few drops of bavarian cream in my tank,,at least i can sort of taste the bavarian cream lol

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FA Tahiti Vanilla is one of my favorite vanillas, so I'd throw the Forest Fruit and Tahiti together, with maybe a dash of fresh cream. I'm also curious how a little coconut would play with those flavors.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I little Coconut Cream of mine does wonders to give a recipe a little extra I was looking for. I would say try a drop or two in a tank first and see what you taste buds say.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA Tahiti Vanilla is one of my favorite vanillas, so I'd throw the Forest Fruit and Tahiti together, with maybe a dash of fresh cream. I'm also curious how a little coconut would play with those flavors.
i will give them a try,,

diy mixing is very frustrating.. not 1 recipe has been =/or better than any store bought juice. that is a huge part of the goal..to be better otherwise it's settling for less.

sadly no-flavor at all has been better/consistent than diy mixing, i like strong flavors,, to describe what i find so far in diy,, is.. imagine ordering your favor drink/meal and it is served over water..........yes,, there are 'hints' of your favorites,,, but that is it. i find the store flavors much stronger and bold and i like that.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
i find the store flavors much stronger and bold and i like that.

One way to make everything taste stronger and bolder is to vape unflavored now and then. Store brands suddenly seem massively overflavored, and less flavoring more appealing. That's my experience, anyway.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
noted,, i do try to vape every other tank Neat,,,, i may just take a break from diy, i did find a guy who makes stronger flavors .,, i have asked him for a class. if that doesnt work,,i will simply pay him for whatever he creates.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I find too many Desert or Bakery flavors tend to give me the start of vapers tongue and I switch my flavors at least 3 to 4 times a day. After too much Custard or Creamy flavor a nice light Fruit DIY cleanses the palate at least for me.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well its a good thing i like strong coffee polluted a bit with cream and sugar.

fa espresso
tfa bavarian cream
for me equal parts around 4% (i dont know if it matter which bavarian cream you use,, i understand they are all decent/powerful)

not my fav,,,,,,,,,,and yet i haven't stopped vaping it since 4am,, its 11 now :) thats almost 15mls so far

i started mixing up several flavors,, tried to repair some bottles of stuff i have never liked. ,, letting them all sleep/steep in a cabinet for a week or so.

there is 1 recipe i call Huckelberried,, not because i followed her recipe,, but it inspired me to try a similar combination based on what i had. i made the % much higher
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/golden-oreo-cheesecake.2388/

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
well its a good thing i like strong coffee polluted a bit with cream and sugar.

If you have trouble with FA Espresso not being strong enough at 4% ya better hang it up:teehee:
I'm lucky if I can do that one at 1% on occasion.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have trouble with FA Espresso not being strong enough at 4% ya better hang it up:teehee:
I'm lucky if I can do that one at 1% on occasion.

that is a strong flavor,, i wish they all were :) i will likely take it down to 2%

the lemon cake from Inawera is also a strong flavor

i wouldnt call bavarian cream a strong 'flavor' but i would say it makes itself well known/very effective in softening strong flavors

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
quick question,, and there may be several different answers..

i read somewhere,, something to the effect: put ?? drops into ??? amount of water to taste what the flavor is/will come out,,,,ie,,, 2drops of xyz in 1 tablespoon of (distilled?) water= good idea of the flavor's intended profile.

another question,,, as we know raspberry refuses to befriend me.....so i wondered about mixing up say 30mls @ 10% and treating that 30 ml bottle as any over ingredient. (please suggest better ratio's as you like)

thanks

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still no Cookie, oh the shame of it all, where's Huck;).
finally ordered the fa cookie,, the cap sugar cookie, cap sweet strawberry, tfa cheesecake, tfa bavarian cream, cap graham cracker. i mixed 5% of the cookies to taste them.. (i may be in love with the cap sugar cookie)

i might mix sugar cookie with some espresso.

i did mix the sugar cookie 3% with some fa lemon sicily at 1% with fa custard at 1%,, it was pretty good,, but i may have to increase the LS.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
finally ordered the fa cookie,, the cap sugar cookie,

Cookie Munster (posted around here somewhere)

2% CAP Sugar Cookie
2% FA Cookie
2% INW Biscuit (It was a bit strong at 2%, thinking 1% might be better)
(or just leave it out if you don't have any)

i did mix the sugar cookie 3% with some fa lemon sicily at 1% with fa custard at 1%,, it was pretty good,, but i may have to increase the LS.

Yes the Lemon Sicily is better for me at 3% usually, & shake & vape is stronger but after a week it mellows out some.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
busy next couple of weeks,, but i will be mixing up your selections and i need to update my flavor stash which is getting pretty big. i think i will sort through the flavors soon and see if anyone wants to trade flavors for ?????

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
not bad,, sort of reminds me of a jolly rancher candy.
fuji 5%
tfa/any bavarian cream 3%
fa coconut 1%

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coffee & Cookies

this is not a strong coffee,, more like a warm version of the cold coffee sold at the gas station.--not 'exact' to any flavor but instead 'light' like it

to me its not 'strong' more like 'very present', i suppose you could cut the espresso down to 2%, but its more for coffee addicts :)

Cap Sugar Cookie 6%
FA Espresso 4%
TFA Vanilla Gelato 4%

9cf6b3eef37c4c4d9c4c1a93d77a95eb.jpg

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
updating flavor stash

Flavors in stash: 45

"Vanilla Custard"
(FA) Cookie
(tfa) vanilla gelato
Armenia (Apricot) (FA)
Baked Cinnamon Roll (OSDIY)
Bavarain Cream (TPA)
Berryl (Raspberry) (FA)
Bilberry (FA)
Biscuit (Inawera)
Blackcurrant (FA)
Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy (Cap)
Blue Raspberry Slush (OSDIY)
Cake Batter (Cap)
Cardamom (FA)
Catalan Cream (FA)
Cheesecake (TPA)
Coconut (TPA)
Cream Fresh (FA)
Custard (FA)
Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso) (FA)
FlavourArt Lemon Sicily
Forest Mix (Forest Fruit) (FA)
Fuji Apple (FA)
Glory (FA)
Graham Cracker v2 (Cap)
Irish Cream (FA)
Jamaican Rum (FA)
Joy (FA)
Lemon Cake (Inawera)
Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA)
Marshmallow (FA)
Marzipan (FA)
Nonna's Cake (FA)
Oba Oba (FA)
Passion (Passionfruit) (FA)
Peach (flavour Art)
Pineapple (TPA)
Sugar Cookie (Cap)
Sweet Strawberry (Cap)
Torrone (FA)
USA Pleasure (Cola) (FA)
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Cap)
Vanilla Tahity (FA)
Vienna Cream (FA)
White Peach (FA)

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
bought a new electric mixer thing to possibly replace my mini food chopper. so far i like it a lot. i dont mix with nic until 'time of use' so all recipes are no nic at first. my battery operated frother doesnt have the horse power to mix larger batches. i try to mix for 2-4 weeks at a time.

71FnWioWbuL._SL1500_.jpg

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my taste bud journey,, from 25% @ 24mg Nic to 0 nic and finally happy at @ 9%

Apricot Lemon Cake

Armenia (Apricot) (FA) 1.5%
Lemon Cake (INAWERA) 6%
Marshmallow (FA) 1.5%

the apricot is more of a lemon enhancer. i think almost any light fruit flavor would work. if you need it sweeter add a touch of meringue.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
not bad,, it is pretty sweet on the exhale.. so its more for coffee addicts who like/use a lot of sugar. this is also the smallest % recipe i have ever made and still tasted it just fine. the next time i make it i will take the cotton candy down to .25

2% Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso) (FA)
2% Caramel Cappuccino (TPA)
1% Vienna Cream (FA)
0.5% cotton candy - capella

Flavor total: 5.5%

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sunday morning lemon cake mix

buttery lemon cotton candy

1% (FA) Coco' (coconut)
0.2% Candy cotton CAP
5% Lemon Cake (INAWERA)

Flavor total: 6.2%
fwi,, FA coconut tastes like butter to me.. so others would likely use a butter flavor instead of coconut

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nov 20 (Sunday) will make 1 year of vaping and no cig's.. I didn't cheat once. I was 2 packs a day for 35 years with no intention of quitting. I loved smoking,, it relaxed me and sometimes kept the rest of the world alive in the moments I was forced to 'suffer fools'. One random day I just pulled into a vape store, got some gear and I was hooked.. that gear lasted me a day.. I had to buy something with more 'horsepower' & options.

My nic level was 24mg at first,, every few weeks I had to drop it down as my taste buds improved. For several months I have been at 0mg with visits to 1 or 2mg,,,3mg's kicks my butt now. (WOW, never expected that! :) ) Currently, my ejuice consumption is 30mls/day-- more if I am mixing up new flavors or driving long distances.

The first week I had to make myself 'chain vape' 24mg to make myself stick with the program.
When I knew I made the conversion I was suddenly dealing with chronic vapors tongue..I was so mad about it and seriously considering going back to cigs. I tried all of the advice of 'drink more water, smell coffee,, eat hot/spicy foods/lemons........in the end the problem was cotton,, it simply does not move ejuice very fast if you are chain vaping.... and when the cotton gets old/too used. Rayon uses an entirely dif theory to flow ejuice and it works extremely well. (and its dirt cheap for several lifetimes + pif's you can buy a box at Sally's for $18). Huge thanks to JeremyR for saving me from my own frustration with cotton and converting me to rayon!)

My next struggle was mixing,, the 1 part I figured I wouldn't have any problems because I can cook. Well,, that was the wrong way to approach mixing. My first mistake was printing out a description of every flavor FA made and picking out the ones that sounded good........this was soooooooooooo wrong. The right way is to find a simple 3 to 5 flavor recipe and make it,, then see if 2 or 3 of those flavors could be used alone or in another recipe and make just that recipe. ............and do not get brand loyal.... buy the brands the poster noted if possible.

If a poster shares a recipe that is high in flavors like 25%,, that's ok,, mix it up at the same level then dilute it down if you need too. Odds are they got the flavor combo right,, just too strong. So I would make the 25% then add more base to thin it down. Keep track of your adjustments. Find popular recipes,, you will have better success in finding good ratio's of flavors to mix. As time goes on,, you will find your happy zone.. for me I dont even have to be exact on the recipe.. I am happy enough if I am out of Vanilla and use Vanilla Gelato instead.

Recipes can end up costing you more than your mods/equipment if it gets crazy. I have about 4 'go to' recipes,, but tend to vape 1 most of the time. My mixing is quite simple and getting more simple as time goes on. My current goal is to make 6 months to a years worth of just the flavor combo so all I have to do once a month is mix up a months worth with base (vg+pg). Its working out pretty good so far,, I mixed up 3 recipes flavor combos in 6oz/180ml batches,, so that I can measure out 10% and add my base. (I pull 50mls out flavor combo and mix it with 450mls of base). Nic is added later if/when desired.

ps-prepare/accept there will be a flavor or 2 that wont taste like what the label says.. ie: FA Raspberry never showed up for me and FA Coconut = butter for me. I have since bought another brand of Coconut, but have not tried it yet.

So far for the past year I have spent on gear for 2 people as 'lifetime supply':
$330 at FT
$250 on nic
$150 b&m stores on hardware
$175 random vape stores on the net
$75 mixing gear & storage
$18 rayon (forever lol)

ejuice/flavors:
$200 flavors--this is where I wasted money on a lot of flavors I didn't like/use.
$200 premade ejuice on the net and b&m
$100 on vg+pg

This next year (Nov 21,2016-Nov 20, 2017) I plan to buy:
$100 from FT-just to beef up my gear
$100 vg+pg
$50 flavor refills of 'what is working' :)

The app on my phone says that I have saved $3835 not smoking this past year. So I dont feel any guilt on the above expenses.

I was lucky that I didn't go through coughing adjustments when I started vaping,,,I hear some people really struggle with that. I am more likely to run out of the house without my phone or keys,,but never forget my mod and ejuice. I am looking forward to monitoring my expenses going forward. I never spent this much time or thought on cigs lol. I find that I love vaping more than I loved cigs,, how funny. My car and my clothes are always getting positive remarks about 'that perfume' (its sugar cookie lol),

1-Aspire something -1 day-gave it away
2-Kanger Nebox=3 months,,its a hit and miss product
2-Kanger Topbox- about 5 months. it was pretty good
4-Eleaf Pico- I love this, +2 chipsets and more to buy
2-Oni -mech
1-Pico Squeeze (waiting on Narda to get here,, Coral atty sucks, if this goes well I will increase my budget for more squonkers)

my atty's are clones
2-Griffin's 22--my adv
2-Avocado 22-my stealths
1-SXK Corolla-my mixing atty
1-Freak Show mini
1-Something I cant remember
2-NarDa (for bottom feed Pico Squeeze)
1-squid

lots of glass tanks, various o-rings, screws, tools- I shouldn't need much more

Most of the summer was rushing to buy hardware and nic due to 8/8 deadline. I do see new gear listed on FT,, but I am afraid to buy some of it right now. (if I do buy any of it,, it will be a solo purchase so customs doesnt take everything if they choose to), I am a minimalist and I live in a hurricane area......so I am always sort of in a 'bug out' mode, Everything I value is in a laptop bag with room for my laptop. My ejuice batches are in 500 +600ml ss water bottles, my mix flavors are in ss flasks-its nothing to toss them in my bag and run.

Anyway,, I posted all of this for myself and if any newbies wanted some insight into a vapors world.

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats on quiting the cigs. This was the only way I could quit as well and am very happy that it helped you.

It's a process but at least we have something that works now, congrats to us all.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Black Friday sale at Nicotine River
code: HOLIDAYS
i did an inventory of my recipes and flavors,,, if my calc's are right, this will be nearly the only flavor order for this year. meantime, i will need vg+pg,, but not for awhile.
i bought the Nic,,'just because',, i do feel i have plenty,, but 'just because' could end up being 'boy, glad i did that'

Product SKU Price Quantity Total
Liquid Nicotine - 100mg / 150ml

Carrier Base: 100% USP Propylene Glycol
Bottle Size: None Liquid Nicotine:100mg LN $ 13.99 1 $ 13.99
Capella Vanilla Custard V1 - 4oz Flavors $ 12.49 1 $ 12.49
Capella Sugar Cookies V1 - 4oz Flavors $ 12.49 1 $ 12.49
Flavor Apprentice Cheesecake Graham Crust - 4oz Flavors $ 8.00 1 $ 8.00
Subtotal $ 37.58
HOLIDAYS Discount $ -9.39
Shipping (Free Shipping) $ 0.00
Total
$ 37.58

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just an update to this 'journal',, really tired of swapping batteries out.. i have mastered ejuice to my liking and keeping it pretty simple......so batteries/power is of course the next step.

i want a totally electrical mod to sit on my desk / next to the couch. since i am a chain vapor,, it means i am always changing batteries. very annoying. i did buy a clone frankenskull mod to play with.. i picked it because its plasticish. (safety)... i had a neighbor give me his old printer supply cord,, (not exactly but close enough pic below_ the step down transformer part brought the voltage from 120v to 16v and 7amps,,but the frankenskull clone never worked with batteries because of line up of the power button (still working on that). soldering on the metal wasnt working, so i will try alligator clips while in the 'proof of concept' stage. (there is a vid out there of a guy in the phillipines,, he is using way too big of a step down transformer and cuts his video off after 30 seconds)

hoping someone with more electrical knowledge chimes in.

i tossed the powersupply i got from the neighbor,,, so i need to replace it with one from amazon/radio shack/thrift store.

71ZmVhAhF8L._SL1200_.jpg

VapinMoody

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I applaud you on your DIY journey and not "giving up". It is a challenge at best and I have reached burn out many times, but have pushed through with only minimal store bought lapses in my 3- year journey. Remember.....Vaping is saving our life and our pocket book.:)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i tossed the powersupply i got from the neighbor,,, so i need to replace it with one from amazon/radio shack/thrift store.

Very hard to get a power supply that will deliver the proper voltage, and enough wattage.
Some of the laptop power supplies, like dell, only put out 90 watts max.
Just makes me wonder if these would work for a high current drain device like a mod.
Batteries seem to be able to deliver more current on demand.
So you may need to get a bigger psu to keep up.

Swapping batteries doesn't really bother me tho.
My cuboid has 2 batteries and I have another set charged and ready to swap out.
Has a USB port for charging but I doubt it would keep up.
My RX200 has 3 batteries and lasts a bit longer.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i tend to soak my griffin clone atty every few weeks to clean it up,, today i decided to take it completely apart,,,,,,,,i mean all the way. i was surprised and yet not,,,,at the amount of gunk up inside the press fitted parts.

as for taking atty's apart, remove the 510 screw and probable rubber insulator. then screw the atty on a mod..(this is where a dead mod comes in handy) now you can either use channel locks or a thin flat head screw driver to carefully separate press fitted parts. dont get into a big hurry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,uh,, carefully. what i found inside my press fitted parts: 2 more orings,, a tiny, tiny,tiny pin.........this pin was critical.. and it was a test for my eyes when it was time to put it all back together...the inside of the air control ring has the tiniest of notches that would slip over the tiny pin.

when i started taking this atty apart i decided to do it over a bowl of water,,i didn't want any parts falling and bouncing away. i figure most people would use a towel.

anyway,,, the atty now has fresh orings installed and is very clean with the help of q-tips.

it doesnt matter what your atty is,, be looking for tricky parts you didn't expect.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a little trip down memory lane haha,,

i still vape the same recipe and still pretty much only use the griffin atty. my mod tends to be a regulated pico and a pico squeeze & narda.

still die hard rayon,, i vape a lot still,, and so glad i dont get vapors tongue like i did with cotton. (20-30mls/day)

my vape stash has shrunk so much over the past year,, piffed quite a bit away, i kept parts for repairs. now everything pretty much fits in a little zippered book like thing.(minus mixing stuff)

odd tip,, buy a hard case eyeglass case to tuck a mod & tank into for traveling through an airport and stick it in the water bottle pocket,, that way its handy when you get outside,, and wont get damaged being tossed around by the tsa.

still havent spent much money on vaping other than a flavor order and a couple of liters of pg and vg.

past couple of years i didn't really know many other vaping people,, as time has gone on i have met more of them and in a very few cases people i know have switched to vaping.. yeah!

anyway,, if anyone is reading this,, find what works for you and dont let anyone bully you from your path,, as there is no 1 path in life :)

smile & laugh often + avoid the toxic people best you can :)

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess ECF got too toxic for you huh? Your favorite MOD turn on you?
Steve, I rarely chat here or there,, I have no problem with either site,,and I have no interest in joining any pissing contest between the 2 boards.

no, I am referring to people against vaping to stop smoking as well as trolls and stalkers

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You report what people say here by your own admission to the MOD's over there so it is strange you come back here.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You report what people say here by your own admission to the MOD's over there so it is strange you come back here.
i have no idea what you are talking about,, I am not part of their circle,,or any 'inner circle' here.

you like to high jack threads and start fights.

VU Sponsors