Become a Patron!

Mixing good batteries

can i use it?

• Total voters

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
So, I bought a geekvape mech pro , and I asked the guy at the shop if I can mix my kind of used 25r with a new VTC5a , and he said yeah , no problem...

Soooo, do I pull the trigger, or I'm I holding a hand grenade ?

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I bought a geekvape mech pro , and I asked the guy at the shop if I can mix my kind of used 25r with a new VTC5a , and he said yeah , no problem...

Soooo, do I pull the trigger, or I'm I holding a hand grenade ?
Used married pairs. Especially in a mech.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
as long as you understand that performance and safety will be based on the WEAKEST battery...... Your safe to that degree....

It is safer and better in all areas of performance to use matched married sets of batteries.

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
as long as you understand that performance and safety will be based on the WEAKEST battery...... Your safe to that degree....

It is safer and better in all areas of performance to use matched married sets of batteries.
I never vape below 0.1 , I think I'm safe

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never vape below 0.1 , I think I'm safe
.1 ohm?? Safe depends on the condition of your batteries more than brand and age.

Not to mention personal tolerance for hazard.

That said I have A .08 cpil running on 2 year old 18500 batts in my mech.
Yeah I know way beyond SAFE limits... but i only take a hit off it he and there and change the batt after a couple sessions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.1 ? That is 37 amps at 3.7 volts.
the 25R is a 20 amp battery...
And with mismatched batteries in paralell you will NOT get even current sharing between the 2 batteries.

Is your face not worth buying a pair of decent 30 amp batteries?

It is your face.

VU Sponsors