Member For 5 Years
Hi!
I'm about to order a new mechanical mod! I've been thinking:
DOVPO GX-200
AW IMR 18650 x2
IGO-W6 RDA
Smok Nemo Drip Tip

The question is:
The shop I'm ordering offers only Nichrome wire .16mm.
Will it work out fine with quad coil OR dual coil on IGO W6 (is the wire too thin)? Is it wise to buy better (if there is idk) wire somewhere else? How many wraps do I need to get about 0.4-0.6ohms on dual coil and quad coil?

Thanks already for all those who helps me!

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU, mdno...

Curious... what the hell kinda crap shop only carries one size of wire... and why only Nichrome?

With .016mm (34 gauge) Nichrome (using N60 values), a parallel quad with a net resistance of 0.5Ω, will pull 35 watts from an unregulated mod.
It would have a heat flux of nearly 500 mW/mm2... which is a hot, coil radiant temperature.
Try it... if you like it, fine... if not, go with a .018mm or .020mm (33 & 32 gauge)... reducing the temperature to 338 or 239 mW/mm2, respectively.

It's clear you're new to this... as wrap count and coil ID are simply a physical extension of wire gauge / length for a desired net resistance and surface area. A variable to be optimized, just as I did with your data in the first paragraph.

If you don't have them... buy both a Ohm meter / build box, and a DMM (digital multimeter). You must have the former to verify net resistance and the later to confirm battery voltage as well as mech and atty conductivity / resistance.
Building without, at least, an Ohm meter is like being an engine tech without torque wrenches.

Click all three sigline hyperlinks below, so you can learn battery safety, Ohm's law use and coil modelling / optimization yourself... so in the future, you have total control of your build and performance. Knowledge is confidence.

Last edited:

mdno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok. Yeah I'm new on this.. And the shop is bargainvapour.com . And thanks alot for help! :)

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok. Yeah I'm new on this.. And the shop is bargainvapour.com . And thanks alot for help! :)
You're welcome, and thank you for taking my suggestions in the spirit which they were given. Everyone was new at some point. Had I known then what I know now... I could have saved a lot of time and money.

Steam Engine is perhaps the most useful tool a vapist can have... that you don't have to pay for.
pardon.gif

Using all the SE features available, especially the heat flux component... is why I wrote the SE user guide.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And Kanthal wire is readily available from Lightning Vapes.

S&H is FREE!

VU Sponsors