Become a Patron!

Mod Envy Show..I can't watch due to picture freezing

LarryPer123

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a high end computer and a fast cable line.
Its the only show on the net that has this problem
I love the show but it's not viewable
I have tried refreshing the page but it will freeze again in a few minuets

Anyone else having this problem?
Thanks

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Its Youtube... It gets alot of traffic on Saturday nights which cause horrible lag... The best I can tell ya is to go the the bottom of the window to the gear icon and turn down the resolution but that only works half the time. :( Hope you can get an enjoyable show next week. :)

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
YouTube's lack of recovery from fault conditions sucks. "...try again later." doesn't count.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It really doesn't help any that the damn giraffe hasn't had her baby yet either... Its on live constantly with over 100,000 viewers... You think @VaporJoe would shit his self if there were over 100,000 viewers on any given MOD ENVY show? Nightbot would definitely eat shit and die... and chat... yeah that would be insane. :xD::xD::xD::xD::teehee::teehee:

LarryPer123

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It really doesn't help any that the damn giraffe hasn't had her baby yet either... Its on live constantly with over 100,000 viewers... You think @VaporJoe would shit his self if there were over 100,000 viewers on any given MOD ENVY show? Nightbot would definitely eat shit and die... and chat... yeah that would be insane. :xD::xD::xD::xD::teehee::teehee:

Why don't they put the show somewhere else?
Why make a show that no one can watch?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't had too many issues with watching. When I do, I refresh and turn down the resolution, as was mentioned. I don't think I've ever just given up, when I've watched. Do you use the "dark" link? I call it that because it's in the link, LOL, and it's posted in the chat, throughout the show.

www.dark.vapingundergroundlive.com

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nope it flat fucking sucks and has fucking sucked for months.
Try and chat? ya not going to happen, you have to chat off to get freezing only every 30 second vs. every 15 seconds.
Resolution is rock bottom, on a damned good cable line and have no issue on the other live feeds or chat. I am blaming scope's side on the encoding having a giant shit all over youtube and youtube trying to clean it up.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Youtube has been having a lot of issues lately. My best suggestion is to click the gear wheel on the video and lower your resolution. That sometimes seems to help stop it from buffering/spinning.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I watched it for about an hour the other night, didn't have any problems.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've had so many issues with it that I gave up watching it almost a month ago. Turning the resolution so low it was unpleasant to watch and it still freezes, never have that problem streaming anything else so I know it's not my connection or system. I hope they can find a better place to host it soon.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I pretty much dropped it because it's youtube, requiring sign-in.
I could...but avoid it whenever possible...

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Nope it flat fucking sucks and has fucking sucked for months.
Try and chat? ya not going to happen, you have to chat off to get freezing only every 30 second vs. every 15 seconds.
Resolution is rock bottom, on a damned good cable line and have no issue on the other live feeds or chat. I am blaming scope's side on the encoding having a giant shit all over youtube and youtube trying to clean it up.

Encoding is EXACTLY following YouTube’s guidelines, and Nitro / Tyger checked the producing console that the streams are healthy & following their specifications.
Also if I wasn’t encoding properly, it would screw up the recordings too, and they’re smooth.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
If you watch the other show Scope produces GEEK speak - with Scope666 & VaporJoe you will see there is no issues on a Tuesday night.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Encoding is EXACTLY following YouTube’s guidelines, and Nitro / Tyger checked the producing console that the streams are healthy & following their specifications.
Also if I wasn’t encoding properly, it would screw up the recordings too, and they’re smooth.
If you watch the other show Scope produces GEEK speak - with Scope666 & VaporJoe you will see there is no issues on a Tuesday night.
Sounds like yt is just being yt and fucky about it.
This has been going on since OCT for me and during the elections the debates etc those live streams with vastly more people than Mod Envy it is a non issue.
But Mod Envy was wicked bad, and has declined in stream quality since even with a good computer and lowest resolution.

It is so bad it plays for 3-10 seconds then buffers for 5-60 seconds then plays 3-10 seconds and buffers for 5-60 seconds, keep rinsing and repeating.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like yt is just being yt and fucky about it.
This has been going on since OCT for me and during the elections the debates etc those live streams with vastly more people than Mod Envy it is a non issue.
But Mod Envy was wicked bad, and has declined in stream quality since even with a good computer and lowest resolution.

It is so bad it plays for 3-10 seconds then buffers for 5-60 seconds then plays 3-10 seconds and buffers for 5-60 seconds, keep rinsing and repeating.
When you see those Live events on You Tube like the Elections, Apple role outs, Google role outs, etc they have dedicated servers provided by You Tube for those events.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When you see those Live events on You Tube like the Elections, Apple role outs, Google role outs, etc they have dedicated servers provided by You Tube for those events.
Meh Not buying the YT bullshit. IMHO yt is fucking with you all, or a program that is causing it to slow down.

I have a beastly comp being finished up with a 95+ mbps connection this week, hopefully all ready to go by Sat. I can let you know on my end how the stream fares.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Meh Not buying the YT bullshit. IMHO yt is fucking with you all, or a program that is causing it to slow down.

I have a beastly comp being finished up with a 95+ mbps connection this week, hopefully all ready to go by Sat. I can let you know on my end how the stream fares.
Maybe we should do a test, and do Mod Envy on a Fri night to see what happens

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe we should do a test, and do Mod Envy on a Fri night to see what happens
Honestly I thought it was a bottleneck on scopes end hardware wise at first, then software then a combo.
It would be interesting to see what region people are getting the buffering wheels of hell.
Or even a test of a different streamer/channel

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Honestly I thought it was a bottleneck on scopes end hardware wise at first, then software then a combo.
It would be interesting to see what region people are getting the buffering wheels of hell.
Or even a test of a different streamer/channel
There is no other streaming service we can use at this time which allows giveaways, and does not cost $$$. If you find one that will allow giveaways, music, and is free please let us know, we will test it out.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There is no other streaming service we can use at this time which allows giveaways, and does not cost $$$. If you find one that will allow giveaways, music, and is free please let us know, we will test it out.
Guess it did not come out right.
Lack of sleep, coffee and headache are muddling me this morning.
Let me clear my head up a bit, think on it some since I am distracted atm. Already multitasking and failing at engrish and web today.

But I am not laying the buffering blame entirely at yt's feet.. I have questions that would need some clarity and I was going to ask you anyways later on off the board.
I was not suggesting moving platforms.. let me think on this and it is thinking fail this morning.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Guess it did not come out right.
Lack of sleep, coffee and headache are muddling me this morning.
Let me clear my head up a bit, think on it some since I am distracted atm. Already multitasking and failing at engrish and web today.

But I am not laying the buffering blame entirely at yt's feet.. I have questions that would need some clarity and I was going to ask you anyways later on off the board.
I was not suggesting moving platforms.. let me think on this and it is thinking fail this morning.
We would like to move platforms if we can find one better is all I am saying. You Tube is nice for most since they use a app where everyone can view the live stream with android, and Apple phones/tablets plus the recordings are great on You Tube.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Facebook is always an option ;)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
without knowing all the networking, streaming, hardware and software scope is running all that I am saying is 100% showing up as dropped frames.
while streaming, encoding and running the hang outs and many programs along with Courtneys computer that is an INSANE amount of processing his computer is doing. So some missed frames there losing some in the data packet while it acceptable on google standards they will accept it, hell they will blame it solely on you guys and not their fucked up software that continues to degrade it.

All I am saying is how it appears on this end and offer a suggestion of maybe spreading the work load across his computers instead of one.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We would like to move platforms if we can find one better is all I am saying. You Tube is nice for most since they use a app where everyone can view the live stream with android, and Apple phones/tablets plus the recordings are great on You Tube.
Honestly I meant use someone's channel and someone else stream as a test.
IF that is flawless then go back and use the vaping underground channel with someone else streaming/encoding and see. If it is fouled up then it is YT end that is messing up. If it is flawless that is a bottleneck on the caster's end.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Well if you all go here now you will see the show scope is broadcasting is just fine

VU Sponsors