Become a Patron!

Mod gets hot with atlantis clone

Klone Kid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Both my battery and mech mod get ridiculously hot in a matter of seconds when I put my new atlantis clone on it, other attys work fine on my mod and the atlantis works fine on my I stick 20 clone, can anyone explain why this is happening?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Atlantis 510 pin doesn't stick out so if it's a hybrid mod maybe your shorting it out. What type of mod

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stop using it and get help with it here first, I would remove the battery as well and check the pin and also the switch

Klone Kid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see what you mean is there a way I can stop this or just stop using it on my 4 nine?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
NEVER, I repeat NEVER use an Atlantis on a hybrid top cap mod. You are risking battery venting and worse doing that. The positive center pin on the atty MUST protrude at least 1mm or greater or you risk shorting out your battery (bad,bad news).

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Zamazam - love your avatar.

OP - If you're confused, look at the bottom (the 510 connection) of both your Atlantis and another atty that works fine on your fournine. See how the center of the pin protrudes a tiny bit on the other atty but is flush on the Atlantis? That's what the other posters are talking about. The top of the fournine is what's known as a hybrid cap - in other words, the atty directly touches the battery. All caps like that have to have attys where the center pin sticks out a little bit or it shorts out. Most tanks (subtanks, atlantis, etc.) DO NOT work on hybrid caps but they work fine on other mechanicals with non-hybrid/regular caps.

VU Sponsors