Become a Patron!

Mod in pocket

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just inquiring. Who all keeps their mod in pocket while out and about. I do depending but im up and down sitting standing. The only mod I feel comfortable with in my pocket is a billet box. Had others leak out the rda from not vaping all the juice out of the cotton. So I try to keep all my mods in the upright. How about you

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Just inquiring. Who all keeps their mod in pocket while out and about. I do depending but im up and down sitting standing. The only mod I feel comfortable with in my pocket is a billet box. Had others leak out the rda from not vaping all the juice out of the cotton. So I try to keep all my mods in the upright. How about you

I only carry mods with tanks or RTAs on them for that very reason.
Nothing worse than a pocket full of juice!

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a small, inexpensive pouch that is made for carrying small vapes from Coil Master that buckles onto my pants. I always bring the same setup for out and about which is my Luxotic BF squonker. The pouch tends to keep my vape upright and not in a way to leak. I got it on Element Vape.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah most times my mods stay in a side pouch on my lunch bag. But occasionally I'll mow grass and have to sit. Just hating stopping to go vape. I know that's weird. I usually Carry the my Blu in my pocket for quick bursts

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I normally use my iStick TC40W as a pocket MOD but I had kept my RX200S with a Rafale on top in my pocket. But the iStick is for when I need comfort but still get a good vape. Which reminds me I need to pop a coil in the Nautilus X on it for tonight~!

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I will on occasion put one in my back pocket while standing. When working outside It might be in a pocket or set up on a window sill or Patio table.
I guess it really depends on what I am vaping at that time. I get nervous about mods in pockets that don't have locks on them.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess it really depends on what I am vaping at that time. I get nervous about mods in pockets that don't have locks on them.

I don't worry about them being in my pocket, but it is those 10X's the recommended wattage hits that are killer. I usually notice it right away but have fried a few coils in my day because I hit the UP button while carrying the MOD and a water bottle to the car~! Shit happens you know?

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't worry about them being in my pocket, but it is those 10X's the recommended wattage hits that are killer. I usually notice it right away but have fried a few coils in my day because I hit the UP button while carrying the MOD and a water bottle to the car~! Shit happens you know?
Oh yes I do know, I will never forget that 220 watt hit I took in the daycare parking lot. If anyone was looking out the window I am sure they thought I was nuts.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh yes I do know, I will never forget that 220 watt hit I took in the daycare parking lot. If anyone was looking out the window I am sure they thought I was nuts.

LMFAOROTF~! Yeah I once fired an Aspire BVC at 100 watts and actually had smoke coming out of the drip tip. I have gotten in the habit of hitting the fire button for a split second and looking at the setting but when busy or running around that shit happens. Vape On and always carry a spare coil~!

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LMFAOROTF~! Yeah I once fired an Aspire BVC at 100 watts and actually had smoke coming out of the drip tip. I have gotten in the habit of hitting the fire button for a split second and looking at the setting but when busy or running around that shit happens. Vape On and always carry a spare coil~!
Another thing that taught me, have a little "emergency" tool kit including cotton in you desk at work.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
coil~!
Another thing that taught me, have a little "emergency" tool kit including cotton in you desk at work.

I carry a couple of spare tanks and a back up MOD ever since the time I took my Dad to the Italian Bakery and dropped my MOD getting out the car because I left it in my lap while driving. Cracked the tank and lucky I was headed home right after.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I depend on mods I can pocket - and toppers, that's one reason I use RDAs 95% of the time, make sure they're not full of juice before pocketing of course

Always was scared of big RTAs breaking if I didnt sit down just right, and of course leaking

I loved the BBox for that, now it's the pico squeeze

Also why I like small mods with only one button - no crazy surprise wattage changes and 5 click locks, good stuff

PSX_20181011_213104.jpg

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I depend on mods I can pocket - and toppers, that's one reason I use RDAs 95% of the time, make sure they're not full of juice before pocketing of course

Always was scared of big RTAs breaking if I didnt sit down just right, and of course leaking

I loved the BBox for that, now it's the pico squeeze

Also why I like small mods with only one button - no crazy surprise wattage changes and 5 click locks, good stuff

View attachment 121818
How do you like your DPRO? They have them at the local vape shop and aren’t too pricey.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How do you like your DPRO? They have them at the local vape shop and aren’t too pricey.

Oh my gosh, its awesome. I've had mine for nearly a year, and nearly every day use. Still as solid as the day I got it, great sturdy battery door, simple use, and not bad voltage drop for a protected unregulated mod

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The only mod that I have that will fit in my pants pocket is the LV Orion. Love that little thing so far!
My Nebox that I used for travel for years will only fit in my jacket pocket and would leak sporadically. Quite messy for any purse or pants pocket if it decided to leak.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
During my first vaping months I was occasionally forgetting to lock my regulated mod before putting it in my pocket so one time it did fire on me at 140 watts for like maybe one and a half seconds or so, but the coil build I had in there had a bit of a slow-ish ramp up and my wicks weren't completely dry so nothing bad happened to them. Nowadays in my pocket I only carry a tube mech with a flush or somewhat recessed button, the button throw of which is firm enough and the design/construction of which is the kind that can't cause it to start auto-firing inside my pocket, and the mechanics of which I have familiarized myself with thoroughly so that there can be no surprises there, either. Before I put a mod (any mod) into my pocket, I wrap it in an upside down, regular type deep freezer food storage 3 liter (~1/4 gallon) plastic (PVC plastic) bag that has no ziploc or anything, mainly to protect the inside of my atomizer against dust specks wandering around and also just in case something might still leak a little bit. That is, despite my Reload RTAs never leak. (I have two of 'em... they're the only RTAs I have, rest are half a bucket filled with RDAs because I hate all atomizers that aren't RDAs, with only one exception, and that's the Reload RTA, which I like for the fact it's the only thing that actually vapes and tastes almost like an RDA.) Also before I pull the plastic bag over it, if it's one of my RDAs, then to keep it from leaking I vape it almost dry. (I can feel it on the vape when it's getting almost dry, so I can vape it almost dry with no effort and without getting a dry hit.) Finally, to keep the plastic bag from trapping the tiny bit of cooldown-vapor exhaust that tends to ravish the flavor, I always remember to wait and or blow onto the coils a few times to cool them down.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Shit like that happens to my son all the time, from pocket-carrying. One of his mods has a lock, but he often forgets to set it; the other doesn't. Just yesterday he had to change the wick because of a 220w hit. Even a few seconds at that power and cotton is toast!

I told him I was gonna get him a murse for xmas. He said, I might be gay, but I am NOT carrying a purse. :D

I've never had a *big* problem, since I carry mods in my purse, though I did once take a 17w hit instead of my usual 10w -- it was a bit too warm and way too noisy, but fortunately didn't kill the wick.

Andria

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I do a little bit of leather work. And I can whip up a drawstring Leather Pouch in like 30 minutes or less and put one of those eclipse for like mountain climbing on the backside of it and clip it to my belt or wherever. I have various sizes for various mods including enough room for a bottle of juice. If it leaks I don't worry much it just adds to the look of The Leather Pouch. People see it and think I'm some sort of weird pseudo psycho Guru medicine bag carrying something or other. But it's just a convenient place to put my vape. If anyone asks I tell them that the contents or of a privileged in personal nature. Couldn't stand to have one of those nylon bag carry holster slinging mod thingamajig. I might as well use a fagbag fanny pack if that was the case. Sorry rambling. A little too much of something nice this evening. Peace to all, God bless, and May the force be with you.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I do a little bit of leather work. And I can whip up a drawstring Leather Pouch in like 30 minutes or less and put one of those eclipse for like mountain climbing on the backside of it and clip it to my belt or wherever. I have various sizes for various mods including enough room for a bottle of juice. If it leaks I don't worry much it just adds to the look of The Leather Pouch. People see it and think I'm some sort of weird pseudo psycho Guru medicine bag carrying something or other. But it's just a convenient place to put my vape. If anyone asks I tell them that the contents or of a privileged in personal nature. Couldn't stand to have one of those nylon bag carry holster slinging mod thingamajig. I might as well use a fagbag fanny pack if that was the case. Sorry rambling. A little too much of something nice this evening. Peace to all, God bless, and May the force be with you.

If my juice leaked, I'm afraid people would start following me like the fucking pied piper -- "Smell that? she's got cotton candy!" "No, it's strawberry and cream!" "Even better! Give us some!" :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: I can barely walk into a store after vaping as it is, hearing all these "what smells like cotton candy?" all around. :facepalm:

Andria

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If my juice leaked, I'm afraid people would start following me like the fucking pied piper -- "Smell that? she's got cotton candy!" "No, it's strawberry and cream!" "Even better! Give us some!" :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: I can barely walk into a store after vaping as it is, hearing all these "what smells like cotton candy?" all around. :facepalm:

Andria
You know I've heard an awful lot about your strawberry and cream. A recipe perfected over what four years or so. What would it take to obtain a little tasty taste?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know I've heard an awful lot about your strawberry and cream. A recipe perfected over what four years or so. What would it take to obtain a little tasty taste?

Heh, just click that link in my sig that says "My BEST Recipes (blog)" -- it's the very first recipe. It shows both the original recipe, back when my tastebuds were still 9/10ths comatose -- I'd been smoke-free about 4 1/2 months at the time -- and also the latest mix, though what is shown there is always one iteration behind -- i.e., I did a new mix a couple days ago that's just slightly lower in flavoring than what's shown in my blog page, but i never post the "latest" version till it has stood for a week and I give it a taste. The blog shows the recipe is now at 23.5% flavoring, but the newest mix was 22.3% I think. Still, most folks try it at half the strength of the actual recipe, especially if they vape at higher than 10w -- apparently one reason I like so much flavoring is that I do vape at 10w or slightly less... but the 'buds are probably as recovered as they're gonna get. :D

I've often been told that my S&C is as good as or better than any commercial ejuice -- I certainly think it is! -- but that's probably BECAUSE I use as much flavoring as commercial ejuices use, if not even slightly more. It's safer than smoking! Bring on the flavor! :D

Andria

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Andria
I’ve had many people who don’t vape say how good the vapor I exhale smells. Way better than when I used to smoke and people would run like hell from the smell. :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’ve had many people who don’t vape say how good the vapor I exhale smells. Way better than when I used to smoke and people would run like hell from the smell. :giggle:

Or just back up 5 paces with a look of disgust on their faces -- which I can totally sympathize with, now! I do the same thing when confronted with a smoker. :D

Andria

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I wear pajamas(chefs pants) to work.....loose pockets. I keep a mod in the back pocket. Never had an issue. I tend to bring a single battery mod with a tank to work. Never auto fired on me or leaked(knock on wood). My favorite to bring is a BB, but I def change it up. I’m pretty much standing the whole day....when I sit, I take it out.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i do and it's normally 3. This is why my pants are extra heavy with all the things I carry and I even have bag/backpack when I'm out.

My backpack also has a bunch of shit in there, which some are vape related. Mostly juice/oil (we call it oil in Chinese lol) cuz I would trade juice with other or sell them cheap (if it's brand new or if I have used it once or twice).

I have a pen, a tesla invader 3 with a Kennedy and my aug v200 with the quad-trio flex. I'm lately not in to changing flavors unless I switch a coil and cotton. I have had my tesla burn up in my pocket more then once, which was pretty dangerous and made me question myself as well as my device.

I also have a friend that carries like 5 mods, I'm not sure how many batteries and juice when he's out. Dude has a supreme fanny pack and he's a bboy (he's a breakdancer and he's my dance buddy). Dude has 2 smartphones but to him his vapes more important, this is why he would remember to carry his vape but not his phones lol

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i do and it's normally 3. This is why my pants are extra heavy with all the things I carry and I even have bag/backpack when I'm out.

My backpack also has a bunch of shit in there, which some are vape related. Mostly juice/oil (we call it oil in Chinese lol) cuz I would trade juice with other or sell them cheap (if it's brand new or if I have used it once or twice).

I have a pen, a tesla invader 3 with a Kennedy and my aug v200 with the quad-trio flex. I'm lately not in to changing flavors unless I switch a coil and cotton. I have had my tesla burn up in my pocket more then once, which was pretty dangerous and made me question myself as well as my device.

I also have a friend that carries like 5 mods, I'm not sure how many batteries and juice when he's out. Dude has a supreme fanny pack and he's a bboy (he's a breakdancer and he's my dance buddy). Dude has 2 smartphones but to him his vapes more important, this is why he would remember to carry his vape but not his phones lol

I could get by just fine without my smartphone, handy as it is. But I go NOWHERE without my vape. :cloud::cloud::cloud:

Andria

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've put mine in a jacket pocket (smooth lining). Prefer not to in my pants pockets, not just for leaking but lint. At least in jeans, in shorts I do sometimes but even a dual battery mod makes my britches sag so yea. Recently I went on vacation and planned to be out and about much of the time. I grabbed a cheap dslr camera case for like $10 from walmart with an adjustable divider inside, a mesh pouch in the lid, small pocket on the outside big enough to hold my mod. It has a belt loop attachment on it but seemed a bit beefy for that without a solid belt (ie a firearm holster would be less obtrusive). I carried it by the handle but it also had a shoulder strap. Plenty of room for a couple sets of batteries, charging cable, cotton, scissors, several 30ml bottles of juice. Worked out pretty well. Just grab the case and go.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Therion is a perfect back pocket mod when I'm walking around and don't have my purse. Never had it fire in pocket and of course the Nanos don't leak.

You must have suspenders or a great belt- the Therion is the largest and heaviest mod I own, I don't think I could get it in my back pocket comfortably- LOL!
:vino:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Therion is a perfect back pocket mod when I'm walking around and don't have my purse. Never had it fire in pocket and of course the Nanos don't leak.
Actually a good idea when I'm standing. I do a lot of pruning. I mean a lot. Some days 3 or 4 hundred bushes. So I'm definitely up. It's weird now to me. As much as I'm on here. I'm surprised I get so much work done. Ha ha

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
You must have suspenders or a great belt- the Therion is the largest and heaviest mod I own, I don't think I could get it in my back pocket comfortably- LOL!
:vino:
Perfect fit for jeans pocket. My butt holds up the jeans pretty well when needed.:D If it's an all day thing I have a little phone bag that holds the Therion and a 30ml chubby.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Actually a good idea when I'm standing. I do a lot of pruning. I mean a lot. Some days 3 or 4 hundred bushes. So I'm definitely up. It's weird now to me. As much as I'm on here. I'm surprised I get so much work done. Ha ha

If you have a skinny butt you might need the suspenders. :giggle:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL- that is a matter of opinion- my mind says skinny butt but my mirror tells me different. :giggle:
I tried to get my Therion in my back pocket, but my butt is taking up too much space for it to fit- LOL! :tantrum:
Asked a girl at a bar one time if I could rest my beer on her butt. She declined but I did marry her a few years later.

VU Sponsors