Become a Patron!

Mod not firing when engaged

Hey y’all,

So I just got the VV pulse squonker a couple weeks ago. Everything has been going great with it and yesterday I noticed when I hit the fire button...nothing happened. I thought to myself, maybe I didn’t press hard enough but than again it doesn’t take much pressure to engage the contacts. Than today it’s been miss firing a good amount. I’ll press the fire button one minute and nothing. Than I hit it like 5-6 times and it’s fine, than it acts up.

There’s a fresh battery in and nothing is getting hot other than the coils when it does fire.

Any thoughts? Considering it’s only a couple weeks old I didn’t think it would be dirty at all.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If the battery is not loose (does mod rattle when shaken?) the only other thing it could be is a faulty switch. (fire button). Or a loose wire.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Plenty can go wrong with a mech squonker - if not one of the above issues (as a mech, there are no wires though) it is probably in need of cleaning

Any thoughts? Considering it’s only a couple weeks old I didn’t think it would be dirty at all.

It probably is dirty after a couple of weeks - all mechs, and mech squonkers in particular - need regular maintenance to use safely and keep in good working condition

I clean mine once a week and break them down monthly for cleaning and maintenance

Use some vodka or some kind of clear alcohol to clean the contacts and the 510 - also wipe down the battery

VU Sponsors