Become a Patron!

Mod Opinion Help

i have a Smok Procolor right now. The LEDs are already burning out and it burns coils in days. I’ve only had it for a few months. I bought a cheap mod bc I was using it to quit smoking. I haven’t had a cig in almost two months. So now I’m staying a vaper, but I want a better quality mod. I’m looking for suggestions on which one to get. What do you have and why?

I’m not opposed to using an RDA or rebuilding my own coils though I’ve never done it. I’d prefer to keep it as simple as possible.

I want a decent cloud, good flavor and good smell for other around me.

Thanks guys!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU :cheers: And congrats on your 2 months success.

If your using Big Baby the coils should last longer than a few days. It won't be the mod burning them out but it could the the wattage your using. The lower end of the "recommended' wattage stamped on the coil should get them to last longer and the upper end will shorten their life.

For regulated I use Lost Vape Mirage, Creator 75C, and Modefined Sirius 200w. The 2 DNA's are customizable for boost, wattage curve, and more.
The Sirius isn't customizabale but has a simple menu and works very well. I sometimes use Invoke for it's compact size and dual battery life.

For lights, asMODus Lustro comes to mind.

Awesome. I’ll look at those ones to start. I’m not really picky about lights and such. I want one that I can keep for a long time and build on. I am completely new here on vaping and ecigs in general. What’s DNAs?

Thank you for the reply.

Those are parts to make your own mod? That may be a bit above my level. I’ll look at Smoant as well. Thanks.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i have a Smok Procolor right now. The LEDs are already burning out and it burns coils in days. I’ve only had it for a few months. I bought a cheap mod bc I was using it to quit smoking. I haven’t had a cig in almost two months. So now I’m staying a vaper, but I want a better quality mod. I’m looking for suggestions on which one to get. What do you have and why?

I’m not opposed to using an RDA or rebuilding my own coils though I’ve never done it. I’d prefer to keep it as simple as possible.

I want a decent cloud, good flavor and good smell for other around me.

Thanks guys!
Well if you are going to remain a Vaper save up and get a good high quality mod.....

You can get years out of a good mod rather than purchasing 3 or 4 per year......and get the biggest tank available...... That's a must......ha ha
2a0272907f634869ecd006a7426a32d1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
first question people will need to know is how much do you want to spend? That will narrow it down, if money is not a object go get yourself a DNA device. There are other good chips also. If you are on a budget it will narrow it down some and you should still be able to find yourself a good mod in that price range.

If it’s a good quality mod, I’ll pay decent for it. Total I want to stay below 250 if possible. That cylon is nice!!!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it’s a good quality mod, I’ll pay decent for it. Total I want to stay below 250 if possible. That cylon is nice!!!
If your going to spend $250 get a Yihi g class that's the best in my opinion..... Hitec all the way.... I love The Cylon I picked up for $50.00 new....
b308e49853f35f143896c31ae962c78a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Those are parts to make your own mod? That may be a bit above my level. I’ll look at Smoant as well. Thanks.
Not make your own. Evolve makes the circuit board that some mod manufacturers use in the mods they make. DNA is the name of that product, and 75C denotes 75 watts Color screen, 250C can do more than 75w and it depends how many batteries as to how many watts 250 can do.

Evolve has software to use if you want. Plug the mod into Windows/Mac and change settings like different profiles for different boost, power curve, temp control, different themes, etc.

None of that has to be used if you want to keep it simple, but there if you want it. DNA and YiHi are regarded as great chips for running regulated mods.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Evolve has software to use if you want. Plug the mod into Windows/Mac and change settings like different profiles for different boost, power curve, temp control, different themes, etc.

That would be the eScribe Software and not PC or Mac. The software is for a PC or Mac not a part of the OS.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
That would be the eScribe Software and not PC or Mac. The software is for a PC or Mac not a part of the OS.
Right. The name of the Evolv software I referred to, is Escribe. And Escribe is compatible with Windows PC, or a Mac PC.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Right. The name of the Evolv software I referred to, is Escribe. And Escribe is compatible with Windows PC, or a Mac PC.

Yes but you said something different which might confuse people who do not know.

Having a customizable one would be awesome, but I’m not sure I’d ever even use that feature. Does anyone on here change their settings that often?

Thank you all for your help. I’m still looking into them!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
With the "C" boards, I don't change too much too often. I have 2 and each is set differently for diff attys.
There are diff themes and you can set up each theme for a specific atty, or you can make it as basic or complex as you want.
https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/

Something I use a lot of is "Replay" mode.
with a TC compatible coil, when you get that vape or hit just like you like, Replay replicates it. It's kind of like TC for dummies but it takes other factors into consideration to replicate that last hit. Only Evlove has it, and of those only the 75C or 250C.

For me it's not just those functions, but how they fire and the reliability. But there's a lot of non DNA mods that have some of those same qualities.

With the "C" boards, I don't change too much too often. I have 2 and each is set differently for diff attys.
There are diff themes and you can set up each theme for a specific atty, or you can make it as basic or complex as you want.
https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/

Something I use a lot of is "Replay" mode.
with a TC compatible coil, when you get that vape or hit just like you like, Replay replicates it. It's kind of like TC for dummies but it takes other factors into consideration to replicate that last hit. Only Evlove has it, and of those only the 75C or 250C.

For me it's not just those functions, but how they fire and the reliability. But there's a lot of non DNA mods that have some of those same qualities.

Honestly, I had no idea that they were that technical. That’s amazing!

VU Sponsors